Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Graded

CBCS Offers *ON-SITE GRADING* in Seattle!1788

"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
WOOOO HOOO this is exciting news because I can fly home to Texas with a graded ToS 39 and Dare Devil 1
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector JohnnyStorm private msg quote post Address this user
I realize this thread is for onsite grading in Seattle but according to the email I received - if I send in books by Feb 13th they'll be available for pickup in Seattle?
Post 27 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyStorm
I realize this thread is for onsite grading in Seattle but according to the email I received - if I send in books by Feb 13th they'll be available for pickup in Seattle?

Yes, this is correct. You can pick it up at our on-site event at the Grand Hyatt across the street from the convention.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector JohnnyStorm private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyStorm

Yes, this is correct. You can pick it up at our on-site event at the Grand Hyatt across the street from the convention.

Thanks!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Johnjakewish private msg quote post Address this user
What do we select when entering our order to pick up at ECCC??
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Ashdad private msg quote post Address this user
Probably a dumb question, but what is the turn around for onsite grading. As I will be there only on Friday, I am curious if I should just ship them in and pick them up, or if I submit first thing in the morning on Friday if they would done by days end.

Thanks.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Rickypforce private msg quote post Address this user
How can I discover who the CBCS witnesses will be at ECCC?
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickypforce

Ask here...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cbcsauthorizedwitnes/
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdad
Probably a dumb question, but what is the turn around for onsite grading. As I will be there only on Friday, I am curious if I should just ship them in and pick them up, or if I submit first thing in the morning on Friday if they would done by days end.

Thanks.

You'll have to ask at the booth on Friday. We won't know until then.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnjakewish
What do we select when entering our order to pick up at ECCC??

It's one of the shipping options when you do an invoice online.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

You'll have to ask at the booth on Friday. We won't know until then.

Mailing it in it is then...

And I assume the the shipping option we pick is Seattle Onsite Grading.

Thanks for the help.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Luke_Skywalker private msg quote post Address this user
I don't suppose there will be VSP onsite?
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Is the VSP service available with onsite grading??

Unfortunately it is not.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts any chance of popping over to Ireland or UK for on site grading ….nod nod wink wink………ok I’m having a giraffe.....or am I
Post 39 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@no1lufcfan can you translate the phrase "having a giraffe" into American please? Lol
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@no1lufcfan can you translate the phrase "having a giraffe" into American please? Lol

Ha ha I had a feeling I might get asked that

It's what is called in UK “cockney rhyming slang” cockney meaning “a native of East London, traditionally one born within hearing of Bow Bells”

Examples are :-

Adam and Eve – believe. (one would say can you Adam and Eve it)
Alan Whickers – knickers.
apples and pears – stairs.(one would say I’m going up the apples and pairs)
Artful Dodger – lodger.
Ascot Races – braces.
Aunt Joanna – piano.
Baked Bean – Queen.
Baker's Dozen – Cousin.

and in my meaning giraffe is laugh
Post 41 IP   flag post
The Seattle pre-onsite grading promo is awesome. my books were recieved on February 8th and are already in QC. I Can't wait to pick them up at the show.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
The Seattle pre-onsite grading promo is awesome. my books were recieved on February 8th and are already in QC. I Can't wait to pick them up at the show.

Indeed. My books were recieved on the 10th and entered grading yesterday. This is excellent.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
The Seattle pre-onsite grading promo is awesome. my books were recieved on February 8th and are already in QC.

Quote:

Indeed. My books were recieved on the 10th and entered grading yesterday. This is excellent.

Us poor souls across the pond can only dream…sob…sob
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Ask here...

Is Matt Saltzman from Trinity Comics an authorized witness? I don't see him on the Facebook list.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Quote:
Quote:

Ask here...

Is Matt Saltzman from Trinity Comics an authorized witness? I don't see him on the Facebook list.

Yes
Post 46 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
Quote:

Ha ha I had a feeling I might get asked that

It's what is called in UK “cockney rhyming slang” cockney meaning “a native of East London, traditionally one born within hearing of Bow Bells”

Examples are :-

Adam and Eve – believe. (one would say can you Adam and Eve it)
Alan Whickers – knickers.
apples and pears – stairs.(one would say I’m going up the apples and pairs)
Artful Dodger – lodger.
Ascot Races – braces.
Aunt Joanna – piano.
Baked Bean – Queen.
Baker's Dozen – Cousin.

and in my meaning giraffe is laugh

Ok, that Barney Rubble line in the movie Oceans 11 makes so much more sense now.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:

Ok, that Barney Rubble line in the movie Oceans 11 makes so much more sense now.

You are catching on me auld mucker…….now I bet that’s thrown ya
Post 48 IP   flag post
Here's the latest schedule of events for On-Site in Seattle!

CBCS On-Site, EXCLUSIVE comics and SIGNATURE event Seattle March 2 – 5th Seattle!

The CBCS crew will be traveling to Seattle March 2-5, 2017 to offer our comic book grading services during the Emerald City weekend.

CBCS will be providing On Site Grading and accepting Regular submissions at the Grand Hyatt Seattle across the street from the Comic Con at the Tolmie room on the 6th floor.

CBCS exclusives will be available and we will also be hosting some great signing events with comic book creators as well.

**Mike Rooth** - Cover artist for the CBCS exclusive Animosity #5 cover from AfterShock, will be attending & signing at our Event on March 2, Thursday 5pm – 6pm & March 3, Friday 9:30am – 10:30am, at the Grand Hyatt Seattle, 9:30am - 10:30am. Don’t miss your opportunity to buy this 150 print run, rare variant.

Also available are two exclusive, Blood Blister #1 CBCS Variants, published by AfterShock. The debut of this series will be Thursday, March 2nd. CBCS will have both variants to this great new After Shock series, the Color (350 print run) and the Black/White (150 print run) for sale in the Tolmie room on the 6th floor. Only while supplies last!
Other signing opportunities include:

Thursday 12pm - 2pm

Joe Pruett

Brian Stelfreeze
Thursday 7pm – 8pm

Stephan Nilson

Mike Rooth (Cover artist for CBCS exclusive)
Thursday 7pm - 8pm

Mike Marts

John Layman
Friday 9:30am – 10:30am

Stephan Nilson

Mike Rooth (Cover artist for CBCS exclusive)
Friday 6pm – 7:30pm

Joe Pruett

Andrew Robinson
Friday Friday 7pm – 8pm

Fabian Nicieza
Saturday 9:30am – 10:30am

Lisa Wu

Ray Fawkes

CBCS is also collecting books for Private Signings with Stan Lee, Scott Snyder, and Jeff Lemire

For more information please check our Official CBCS Signature programs (ASP/VSP) Facebook page
Post 49 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE!!!!!!!!

CHANGE: CBCS On-Site Grading & Signing event change will now be on the 1st floor in the Discovery Room, still at the same hotel (Grand Hyatt Seattle) with much more space for the signing event & the accepting of both regular & on-site submissions. We will also be accepting comics for the private signings of Stan Lee, Rob Liefeld, Scott Snyder & Jeff Lemire, so the space was necessary. Thanks, in advance, for your flexibility.

As per Mark Roman
Post 50 IP   flag post
Posted on Facebook by Steve Paulus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Paulus
Our first signing event with Mike Rooth, the cover artist for the CBCS exclusive Animosity #5 is underway. Mike's next signing with CBCS is Friday at 9:30 am #CBCS, #Aftershock

Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Draco private msg quote post Address this user
Well I was going to go to ECCC this weekend but it looks like tickets are all sold out. I really wanted to get Stan Lee to sign a few books. Can I go to the CBCS grading booth and pay them to get them signed?
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Beehderty private msg quote post Address this user
Theres guys who sell passes in front of the door. They will be yelling that they need passes. Cause they just buy them off people as they leave. But you ca. Always craiglist for a pass.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco
Well I was going to go to ECCC this weekend but it looks like tickets are all sold out. I really wanted to get Stan Lee to sign a few books. Can I go to the CBCS grading booth and pay them to get them signed?

CBCS is set up at the Grand Hyatt. They are accepting drop off submissions for a private Stan Lee signing event. Here is a link to the facebook post about the Stan Lee signing.

CBCS/Trinity Comics Stan Lee Seattle signing
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector FootNote private msg quote post Address this user
Alright, a bit worried about Sunday. I joined the Facebook group trying to find a authorized witnessed. I have reached out to one person and someone has actually reached out to me, but Sunday is looking sparse in regards to witnesses.

Also, what time does the CBCS "booth" open on Sunday? I am planning on getting there early.
Post 55 IP   flag post
600892 63 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?