Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Graded

CBCS Offers *ON-SITE GRADING* in Seattle!1788

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS Offers *ON-SITE GRADING* in Seattle During Emerald City Comic Con!

Attention Seattle and comic book collectors!

The CBCS (Comic Book Certification Service) crew will be traveling to Seattle March 2-5, 2017 to offer our comic book grading services during the Emerald City Comic Con weekend.

CBCS will be providing On Site Grading and accepting Regular submissions at the Grand Hyatt Seattle across the street from the Comic Con. We are excited to try out this new venue for On-Site Grading, but that is not all. CBCS will also be hosting some special signing events with comic book creators at our location within the Grand Hyatt Seattle. As we get closer to the event, we will be releasing the names, dates and times for these events.

Also, in order to make this unusual circumstance as convenient as possible for "CBCS'ers," we will be announcing the names and convention floor locations of the vendors who have volunteered to accept submissions on our behalf during the convention.

Of course, CBCS would have preferred to be allowed to set up within the Reed Pop convention venue as that would have been more convenient for our customers to submit books. Unfortunately, the exclusive agreement between CGC and Reed Pop prevents that convenience.

The good news is that the CBCS crew refuses to allow hurdles to keep us from providing services for our valued customers. We owe so much to our loyal customers--staying away from Seattle was simply not an option for us!

We believe that collectors deserve the right to choose the grading company of their choice.

We trust that when collectors are given an option within the industry, they will base their decisions on the company that provides the best Customer Service, Product, Quality, and Turnaround times. CBCS will continue to strive to be that company.

Post 1 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts will you be at WonderCon in California at end of March?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I will not be at WonderCon.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Beehderty private msg quote post Address this user
Lucky me! Ill will definately be there. Is there a limit on comics per person?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beehderty
Lucky me! Ill will definately be there. Is there a limit on comics per person?

We're not sure what the limit will be, if there is one. More details as we get closer to the show date.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Beehderty private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds good. My brother and Tyson from Amazing_heroes have nothing but great things to say about you guys. Excited to try this out.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Please come to DragonCon in Atlanta this Labor Day weekend.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Kcolli private msg quote post Address this user
Will you be coming to El Paso comic con in El Paso Texas?

I know it is a small comic con but I would rather use you guys over cgc. Cgc will be there. Hopefully you guys will be there too.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Johnjakewish private msg quote post Address this user
Great news! I will definitely drop off a few submissions.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
lol, I'll actually be travelling in the area around that time but I'm actually leaving Seattle at like 8am on the second so I won't get to see you guys there
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
I will not be at WonderCon.

I'll donate $100 to the charity of your choosing if you come to baltimore
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user
Whoooooo! Great news! I was really bummed initially. Glad to hear you'll be there and can take my submissions.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Archie10cent private msg quote post Address this user
Great to know CBCS will be there. I wonder in question if I go to Seattle, can I pick up my order from Vancouver Fan Expo last November? Thanks.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
I realize this is probably an ignorant question to ask but as someone who has yet to submit a book to be graded ever, what exactly is "on-site grading?" Do you submit the book and then they give you a grade for it and then it and all the other books from the convention go back to Florida for encapsulation and they mail it back a few months later? Or does it mean books are graded and encapsulated during the show?
Post 14 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Onsite grading means they grade it there, encapsulate and you walk away with it before the convention is over.
Also I want to say I am excited to have CBCS in Seattle again. Every time I get to interact with them they are the best people. Very helpful and friendly.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomEwan
Onsite grading means they grade it there, encapsulate and you walk away with it before the convention is over.

Thanks, curious what the prices will be.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Is the VSP service available with onsite grading??
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnjakewish
Is the VSP service available with onsite grading??

Unfortunately it is not.
Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Glad you guys are doing this and not just letting CGC try to dictate your business.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Clever. Rent some space across the street and offer on site grading. Well done!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Now that I know cbcs will be there I have been going a little crazy buying raw books for grading. Also have some CGC books I'm going to re-slabs.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Comicdey private msg quote post Address this user
Excellent that you are doing this in Seattle. Makes me want to fly to Seattle from anchorage for a weekend.
Post 22 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Will they be serving on site pancakes as well?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Archie10cent private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicdey
Excellent that you are doing this in Seattle. Makes me want to fly to Seattle from anchorage for a weekend.

Then come! I will be there for 2 days, and you know me from other site. Remember Thor/Batman books?
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector PhoKing private msg quote post Address this user
Will you provide pressing as well?
Post 25 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
WOOOO HOOO this is exciting news because I can fly home to Texas with a graded ToS 39 and Dare Devil 1
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector JohnnyStorm private msg quote post Address this user
I realize this thread is for onsite grading in Seattle but according to the email I received - if I send in books by Feb 13th they'll be available for pickup in Seattle?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyStorm
I realize this thread is for onsite grading in Seattle but according to the email I received - if I send in books by Feb 13th they'll be available for pickup in Seattle?

Yes, this is correct. You can pick it up at our on-site event at the Grand Hyatt across the street from the convention.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector JohnnyStorm private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyStorm

Yes, this is correct. You can pick it up at our on-site event at the Grand Hyatt across the street from the convention.

Thanks!
Post 29 IP   flag post
What do we select when entering our order to pick up at ECCC??
Post 30 IP   flag post
598034 63 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?