Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Mighty_Mattman private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS should really consider making a priority phone number or email to schedule pickups, or include a link in the "order is ready for pickup" email that directs to available dates and times. I got the email Friday that that my order is ready, I made the call and was disheartened to be told I'm joining a queue of submitted tickets. I'm wondering if I made a mistake choosing pickup and if it would have been quicker to ship the book instead. Maybe I'm just being impatient, but it doesn't seem like the best option. First world problems, am I right?
Post 1 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Mattman
being impatient
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 Yep, foresaw that one.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
A touch impatient- waited this long, wait a few more days and save the $$$.
Post 4 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Not sure what tier your books were from or how long you have been waiting.
I just received an email from CBCS telling me my books have been graded and are now in heat seal.
These are standard tier moderns grade only submitted last September 12th. Nearly 10 months.
It do be sucky but they will get here some day. ha...

Regarding your books, keep sending them emails. They will reply. Squeeky wheel will get some oil....
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
The Japanese believe “the nail that sticks out gets hammered “

Quite the opposite of the “squeaky wheel” strategy.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfacecomics
The Japanese believe “the nail that sticks out gets hammered “

Quite the opposite of the “squeaky wheel” strategy.

Yeah I've heard both "squeaky wheel gets the grease" and "squeaky wheel gets replaced". Truth be told, I'm just at the whims of CBCS and when they get to my ticket.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:

Not sure what tier your books were from or how long you have been waiting.
I just received an email from CBCS telling me my books have been graded and are now in heat seal.
These are standard tier moderns grade only submitted last September 12th. Nearly 10 months.
It do be sucky but they will get here some day. ha...

Regarding your books, keep sending them emails. They will reply. Squeeky wheel will get some oil....

I did modern express. The time it took from receiving to ready for pick up was quick and is well worth the extra money. My concern is when I'll hear back about available pick up times. Getting the "ready for pickup" email but having to wait for actual available times is such a tease.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
id be patient. i submitted a few books for sig authentication, press and grading... sent them in jan 2022. one day next year i'll be pleasantly surprised and my books will show up at my door.
Post 9 IP   flag post
600633 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?