Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedGrading Help NeededQuestions

Comics sent back ungraded but charged17856

Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
Let’s not forget that none of this would be a big deal of CBCS would have an existing CS department. Why are you doing shows if you can’t answer the phones during the week? Why is CBCS not addressing this ?

It can be very frustrating when all we here is defenders of CBCS AND NOT CBCS THEMSELVES.

PLEASE CBCS , give us some answers and some honest timelines of improvement for customer service .
Post 26 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfacecomics
PLEASE CBCS , give us some answers and some honest timelines of improvement for customer service .

I can give some insight here. CBCS has been hiring and growing exponentially, and over the next few months we will be getting an even larger expansion of equipment and employees. Customer service is leaps and bounds over where it was a year ago, but we do have a long way to go.

We know that the only way we can fix our issues is to get turnaround times to a reasonable level. Yes, we do realize that they are not reasonable right now.

I was the second employee hired at CBCS and I have never been more confident that we will persevere. The growth we are going through right now is unprecedented and Beckett is committed to helping CBCS succeed.

The next few months are going to be critical for us. We have a huge expansion happening and we have a lot of exciting things on the horizon. If you, or any of your friends are looking for an opportunity in the comic (or card) certification business, please send me a message and I'll get you in touch with our hiring team. From graders to customer service, shipping to human resources, we are looking for good people who want to help make a difference here.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
For them to sandwich the books in-between the slab means someone was either totally incompetent or just didn't care. How do you confuse a raw copy and a slabbed copy?

It's one thing for supporters and detractors of the two companies to banter and make generalizations about the companies themselves. It's another thing to call out an individual employee who is not here to defend or explain himself. I'm quite sure that if the packer/shipper were here he would say "that's what I do, I pack up the books that are delivered to me in the form that they reach me. I can actually tell the difference between slabbed and raw but I pack both". The more fair question would be; what happened in the slabbing department that caused these books to get skipped for slabbing? I'm guessing the answer does not include incompetent, don't care, can't tell the difference between raw and slabbed.

If you think that may be their response then it would still fall on them especially if they're packing the books with the packing slip. Unless, they don't read the packing slip.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector SGT_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
For them to sandwich the books in-between the slab means someone was either totally incompetent or just didn't care. How do you confuse a raw copy and a slabbed copy?

It's one thing for supporters and detractors of the two companies to banter and make generalizations about the companies themselves. It's another thing to call out an individual employee who is not here to defend or explain himself. I'm quite sure that if the packer/shipper were here he would say "that's what I do, I pack up the books that are delivered to me in the form that they reach me. I can actually tell the difference between slabbed and raw but I pack both". The more fair question would be; what happened in the slabbing department that caused these books to get skipped for slabbing? I'm guessing the answer does not include incompetent, don't care, can't tell the difference between raw and slabbed.

If you think that may be their response then it would still fall on them especially if they're packing the books with the packing slip. Unless, they don't read the packing slip.

Further, even if they don't read the packing slip, they'd have to see what was happening here and think, "this is not usual, I've never packed up raw books loosely mixed among slabs, I'd better ask somebody if this is right."

I've never had prescreens returned without slabs from CBCS, but I have had some returned from the other company. Those raws were packed separately in a little box clearly marked with "DO NOT ENCAPSULATE."

We don't have to leap to any judgements about specific unnamed employees to know that proper procedures must not have been followed at multiple points.
Post 29 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
We know that the only way we can fix our issues is to get turnaround times to a reasonable level. Yes, we do realize that they are not reasonable right now.

With all due respect Steve, your biggest issue is not TATs, it's communication.
That is the common thread in almost all of these complaint posts.

Have people return calls and answer emails in shorter times than "weeks".
When changing tier structures post info on what happens to the vouchers people are holding from their memberships instead of making us chase down that info waiting weeks for answers.
Empower the customer service that does exist by giving them information so I'm not told a fast pass voucher is worth "either $10 or $15" and 2-day vouchers are either $45 credit or even exchange for New/Modern Express.
Fix the web site so we don't see different pricing depending on which page we're looking at.
Etc.

Communication is the biggest problem we, as customers, face.

Mistakes happen. Turnarounds take time. But there really is no excuse for being ignored when seeking help.
Post 30 IP   flag post

I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Mistakes happen. Turnarounds take time. But there really is no excuse for being ignored when seeking help.

Words to live by for a business that provides either a service or a deliverable.
Post 31 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

When changing tier structures post info on what happens to the vouchers people are holding from their memberships instead of making us chase down that info waiting weeks for answers.
Empower the customer service that does exist by giving them information so I'm not told a fast pass voucher is worth "either $10 or $15" and 2-day vouchers are either $45 credit or even exchange for New/Modern Express.
Fix the web site so we don't see different pricing depending on which page we're looking at.
Etc.

I.completely agree with you. I was looking at it from the perspective of when we get our standard tier turnaround down to eight weeks, 99.9% of customer service problems disappear because orders would not in the system long enough to yield a complaint. Then they're down to people needing help filling out a submission form. The response times faced by customer service right now are 100% due to the fact that more inquiries are coming in each day than they can resolve. We have a sizable CS team that grows week to week and will continue to grow until we get over the hump. The hump would disappear tomorrow if we could magically get the backlog resolved.

As for the website issues you mention, they're being addressed and will be resolved over the next few months. I have a development meeting next Wednesday and I'll bring thsee issues up and ask that they be addressed sooner rather than later.

Thanks for your feedback, I do appreciate it.
Post 32 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I would have to believe that longer turnaround times have increased the workload on customer service as customers make more inquiries about the status of their books.
Post 33 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Etc.

I.completely agree with you. I was looking at it from the perspective of when we get our standard tier turnaround down to eight weeks, 99.9% of customer service problems disappear because orders would not in the system long enough to yield a complaint. Then they're down to people needing help filling out a submission form. The response times faced by customer service right now are 100% due to the fact that more inquiries are coming in each day than they can resolve. We have a sizable CS team that grows week to week and will continue to grow until we get over the hump. The hump would disappear tomorrow if we could magically get the backlog resolved.

As for the website issues you mention, they're being addressed and will be resolved over the next few months. I have a development meeting next Wednesday and I'll bring thsee issues up and ask that they be addressed sooner rather than later.

Thanks for your feedback, I do appreciate it.

Thanks for responding.
Despite all this I am rooting for you. I want you guys to remain in this position you've earned.
During Covid there was a big swing your way due to issues and backlog elsewhere. You surely know this better than anyone.
But now your backlog is huge and prices going way up I would hate to see the swing move the other way. People here were discussing that reality before it got locked. But, your product is superior and hopefully soon CS will match.

Anyway, we know you're very busy, so thanks again for responding.
Post 34 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
I would have to believe that longer turnaround times have increased the workload on customer service as customers make more inquiries about the status of their books.

And with the higher volume of inquires to CS, some are saying they are not getting replies.
That may be, but I have had them reply to every inquiry I have made. And in the past 90 days, the replies are within an hour or two. Made a change from deliver to pick up by MCS.

I think as @SteveRicketts said "Customer service is leaps and bounds over where it was a year ago" is true and although they have more improvement needed, they are doing an excellent job.
Unfortunately, people are impatient. And we are all looking forward to "when we get our standard tier turnaround down to eight weeks" as Ricketts mentioned.

@Grayson2020 sorry you are having to go through this. They will fix it. Going to take some time as you can envision.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Grayson2020 I sent a message to Darryl Hayden just now about this. He is busy setting up for Heroes Con and will be busy all weekend. However, if you can't get ahold of anyone in customer service by Monday, drop him an email at dhayden@cbcscomics.com and he will look into it for you.

This is part of the problem. You sent Daryl a message about a customers order. I'm sure cbcs is well aware of the complaints they get on their message board about people being unable to connect with someone at cbcs regarding their orders. The response is to have the customer keep trying and if they still aren't able to reach anyone then message Daryl on Monday.

If they cared about the customers order they should have reached out to them personally. Maybe that was done, I don't know, but that should have been pretty easy to do to help ease some of the OP's concerns even if they're running around setting up a booth.

Cbcs is providing a service to their customers and it seems that they have a "customer last" mentality over a"customer first" mentality.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
I have had them reply to every inquiry I have made. And in the past 90 days, the replies are within an hour or two.

Is this true or just the usual post we see by someone who wants others to think everything is perfect..?
Post 37 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Sigur,
Could not agree more, a simple TIMELY email response or returned phone call would be the best thing that could happen for this company right now… I am currently going on two months now to receive my promised reply email from Daryl that I was CCd in to him from a sales rep that said give him a week….
I truly hope they get this slabbing issue fixed in a timely manner for this customer.
Post 38 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
I have had them reply to every inquiry I have made. And in the past 90 days, the replies are within an hour or two.

Is this true or just the usual post we see by someone who wants others to think everything is perfect..?

Yes sir. They reply every time.
Clinton & Amber are excellent CS people. Not only do they get back to you, they are informed and courteous and genuinely care what is happening with orders.
Furthermore, these two people at different times on different issues, picked up the phone and called me to straighten out issues quickly without days of back and forth emails that make things difficult to explain properly. Matter of fact, yesterday I sent a message to CS about books from a certain collection and wanted to know what information would be put on the label if I submitted books from this collection. Gat a reply in a few hours. They didn't just say "I don't know" But said let me find out more and let you know what I find out. So I am now awaiting that info.

Also, I have spoken to Darryl on other orders. A few weeks ago the online submission form would only process "Express" orders. I only do "Standard" tier. I like the scenic route
Darryl is really helpful, and he got that fixed. CS was not allowed to change tiers on submissions.
But Darryl has his plate full all the time.
So, I would rather try customer service.

If anyone is having an issue, send CS an email. Then in a few minutes you will get the auto reply with a ticket number.
Wait a day or two and if you don't get a response, forward the auto reply back to CS and a message that you would appreciate a response. Be polite. No one likes a disrespectful person. Then be patient. They have always gotten back to me. And as I mentioned, lately it has been within an hour or two.

Look, I have been waiting like everyone else. 10 months on my September 21' submission. Grade only, no press. Currently in heat seal. I could be waiting another month or two, maybe 3. So I can understand where everyone is, wanting their books.

And @Sigur_Ros you made some good points to @SteveRicketts about communication. Let's hope they put more effort into improving that even more than they have.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Grayson2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Update for anyone curious. As of today I got an email from Darryl saying
β€œ Can you send my pictures of the comics that were not encapsulated and what stickers (if any) they have on them?” I’m not sure why the if Any part was thrown in but fair enough to question I guess. I sent a copy of the order form showing I was charged. Screen shots of my online profile showing the grade. And pictures of the comics still in bags and boards with their sticker showing order number and bar code. Let’s see what happens next I guess.

Post 40 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
@Sigur_Ros

Apples and oranges.

Just because other service providers have conditioned us to expect answers by phone does not mean it is the best response method.

The person who has the answers (Daryl) has been notified by Jesse but is busy at Heroes Con this weekend.

Seems a better result than waiting on hold to speak with a customer service representative that might open a ticket for you.

Point is, you said there was an answer given in the thread but there wasn't. There was a mention to go over CS's head and write to Daryl....next week sometime. The OP is no further ahead at all, unless he went to IG, then maybe.

But to list a CS number and email means that's how they want you to contact them. Most (by a long shot) customers do not join forums.
If we aren't to be conditioned to call/email for customer service then CBCS should stop telling us to. Ditch the listed methods of contact and instead say "ask in the forums and maybe we'll see it"

Seems very few forum questions about order specifics get answered via the forum.
And many times when a specific person is recommended, the OP still comes back saying "I tried that person and they haven't responded either".

Just saying... CS is bad. Period.
Literally everyone here, and it seems on the CGC forums and IG and YT know this. And probably elsewhere that I don't go to.

Maybe next week, after a con, the guy will get an email response.
Sad, since customer service isn't at the con and should be available right now.

I like the product but would absolutely hate it if I had a problem.

The OP got an almost immediate response from Jesse who forwarded the OP's inquiry to Daryl (the person who can answer the OPs question).

Daryl was away from the office at Heroes Con which ended on Sunday.

Not sure when Daryl got back from Charlotte but he has already been in contact with the OP to get more details.

I understand the resolution of the issue is ongoing but I think the response from CBCS has been on point for the OP so far.
Post 41 IP   flag post
If the viagra is working you should be well over a 9.8. xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
@Grayson2020 the stickers will sometimes have other notes on them for CBCS processing. Like if you use grade screen it will say fail if it fails, or if the comic is too beat up it could say 'do not encapsulate - fragile' or whatever. Yours doesn't have any of that, obviously, but it's probably why they asked to see them.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
seeing as I'm an employee of CBCS πŸ˜‰

What do you do?
Post 43 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

What do you do?

It's not a paid position.
Post 44 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

What do you do?

It's not even a real position. πŸ˜€
Post 45 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

What do you do?

Oh,customer service.
Post 46 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

What do you do?

Oh,customer service.

lol!!!! zing!!!! 🀣🍻
Post 47 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
GAC does TCB

Post 48 IP   flag post
.....and then....

Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

It shouldn't take months to fix website issues. That is your face to the vast majority of the people out there and it is always out of date. I don't know how many times now I have heard that such and such is going to happen and more often or not it doesn't come to pass. Communication and customer service has been tanking since 2017 and hasn't improved. Magazine slabs ... #soon going on what? 7 years or more. I would love to believe you but I just don't.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Collector SGT_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Sigur_Ros

Apples and oranges.

Just because other service providers have conditioned us to expect answers by phone does not mean it is the best response method.

The person who has the answers (Daryl) has been notified by Jesse but is busy at Heroes Con this weekend.

Seems a better result than waiting on hold to speak with a customer service representative that might open a ticket for you.

Point is, you said there was an answer given in the thread but there wasn't. There was a mention to go over CS's head and write to Daryl....next week sometime. The OP is no further ahead at all, unless he went to IG, then maybe.

But to list a CS number and email means that's how they want you to contact them. Most (by a long shot) customers do not join forums.
If we aren't to be conditioned to call/email for customer service then CBCS should stop telling us to. Ditch the listed methods of contact and instead say "ask in the forums and maybe we'll see it"

Seems very few forum questions about order specifics get answered via the forum.
And many times when a specific person is recommended, the OP still comes back saying "I tried that person and they haven't responded either".

Literally everyone here, and it seems on the CGC forums and IG and YT know this. And probably elsewhere that I don't go to.

The OP got an almost immediate response from Jesse who forwarded the OP's inquiry to Daryl (the person who can answer the OPs question).

Not sure when Daryl got back from Charlotte but he has already been in contact with the OP to get more details.

I understand the resolution of the issue is ongoing but I think the response from CBCS has been on point for the OP so far.

While it does seem as if things are moving toward a resolution, I wouldn't call it "on point" by any means. In short, the problem with what has been laid out here is that there is one person, Darryl Hayden, who is responsive to customer service issues. Is Darryl in the Customer Service department? According to the "Meet Our Sales Team" page, Darryl is the "Southeast Senior Sales Executive." I thought he was also in charge of the witnessed signature program, but that may have changed, and I've also seen him referred to as a "Regional Manager." If Darryl is the only one who can handle customer service issues, why is he also going to set up at Heroes Con? How many jobs does he do?

It seems as if everyone has found the shortcut to getting things done is to contact Darryl, and so have just ignored proper procedures long enough that going directly to Darryl, a senior sales executive, is now the first response. If any of you are also in the CBCS Facebook groups, you've seen how often any issue anyone encounters is referred to Darryl to resolve.

The reliance on one person to carry so much weight is a major institutional problem for CBCS. If I were a competitor, I would offer Darryl a dumptruck full of cash to switch over and apparently wipe out CBCS's ability to respond to customers. CBCS needs to hire some people to take some of the workload off Darryl and spread out his portfolio. Relying on him to solve customer service problems only distracts him from "sales executive" work and allows the company to limp along a little while longer without any viable customer service department improvements.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Sigur_Ros

Apples and oranges.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Sigur_Ros

Apples and oranges.

Jesse was nice enough to contact Darryl.
Darryl was nice enough to contact OP when he could, 6 days later. All that is great.

But...
The web site says to email customer service or call customer service.
Those didn't work.

What worked was that OP just happened to post about it in a general forum.

That's not "on point".

I'm not trying pile on, I'm just explaining my previous comment.
Post 52 IP   flag post
@Sigur_Ros

First off, Matt Edwards is in charge of the witnessed signature program.

As a part of the community that participates on this forum I am more concerned about the response we are able to get here than the unfortunate masses that don't know that customer service is not the fastest way to get a response.

If we can come here and get the answers we seek it seems that wanting more is nit picking.

After all the primary purpose of this thread is to talk about the problem experienced by the OP and the outcome of that experience.

I am not sure how many shows Daryl attends but having gone to Heroes Con (for the first time) I can say first hand that it is a big deal.

CBCS had at least seven people there including Matt and Daryl so it looks like a situation with all hands on deck.

New York Comic Con is the only show I am going to this year that is bigger.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:

After all the primary purpose of this thread is to talk about the problem experienced by the OP and the outcome of that experience.

I am not sure how many shows Daryl attends but having gone to Heroes Con (for the first time) I can say first hand that it is a big deal.

CBCS had at least seven people there including Matt and Daryl so it looks like a situation with all hands on deck.

New York Comic Con is the only show I am going to this year that is bigger.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but when there is a phone number/email advertised for customer service, it seems any given con-size should be irrelevant in the discussion.
Post 54 IP   flag post
@Sigur_Ros

No, it is the customer service phone number that is irrelevant as the OP and others here get answers directly from decision makers through this forum or e-mail.

Just because we have become used to getting our answers from the telephone does no mean that it matters to us here.

Old fashioned would be exactly the right way to describe the dead horse that is the customer service phone number.
Post 55 IP   flag post
598031 106 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?