Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedGrading Help NeededQuestions

Comics sent back ungraded but charged17856

Collector Grayson2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure what happened but getting no answers. Finally got my comics back after 8 months and was very happy with the grades I got via email. Suddenly I see a comic wedged between two slabs. Then another. And then another. 6 of my comics were returned bagged and boarded un slabbed. I looked for a note or email or something explaining why but I got nothing. The issue I’m having now is that all 6 comics were graded on the website with notes and all. And I was charged for all six comics as if they were slabbed. Now I’m left eating over 200.00 and I’ve gotten no help. I’m going to my bank to dispute the charges. This is disappointing to say the least. This happen to anyone
Else?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Stardust_Memories private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, that definitely sounds fraudulent.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes people send books for prescreen and the rejects come back ungraded.

Could be a mixup where someone mistook those six for rejects somehow.

I would ask them to send you a shipping label so you could send the books back to them to complete the grading.

You might not get the same grades you saw earlier though.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher5866 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! I would just die if that happened to me after 8 months! I hope you get that reconciled with God speed! Unexceptable! Really.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
Just call customer service and they will be glad to help you quickly and accurately. They will also call you back with updates on why this happened and why they charged you.

CBCS will also credit your account for the 6 books and offer you free shipping for the inconvenience.

@GAC IS THAT ACCURATE? Is that what will happen here ?

NO WAY !!!!!!!!
Another satisfied customer without answers - Cmon CBCS you can do better then this .
Post 5 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Grayson2020 I sent a message to Darryl Hayden just now about this. He is busy setting up for Heroes Con and will be busy all weekend. However, if you can't get ahold of anyone in customer service by Monday, drop him an email at dhayden@cbcscomics.com and he will look into it for you.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Grayson2020 - That happened to me once on a comic, and is likely just as @drchaos referenced. I would send email to CS, explaining 6 of your graded comics came back without encasements. Use the Cert number for each that were referenced with on your dashboard and that you want to send them back for proper encasement. You will get an automated email and then later a second email will with instructions. Send that email with your comics back with a note requesting credit for the shipping if you did not get a prepaid shipping label to print out.
Post 7 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Lol...
But on the bright side, congrats on the quick turnaround.
Mine took 11.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Why is it so hard to contact cbcs? You would figure the bigger the company grows the better on communication.Im not seeing that.
Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfacecomics
Just call customer service and they will be glad to help you quickly and accurately. They will also call you back with updates on why this happened and why they charged you.

CBCS will also credit your account for the 6 books and offer you free shipping for the inconvenience.

@GAC IS THAT ACCURATE? Is that what will happen here ?

NO WAY !!!!!!!!
Another satisfied customer without answers - Cmon CBCS you can do better then this .

Hey buddy!!! I'm in your thoughts!! Isn't that cute?! Living in your head rent free! And yes, that's what should happen....seeing as I'm an employee of CBCS 😉 I can refer you if you're looking for work.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@Grayson2020 - That happened to me once on a comic, and is likely just as @drchaos referenced. I would send email to CS, explaining 6 of your graded comics came back without encasements. Use the Cert number for each that were referenced with on your dashboard and that you want to send them back for proper encasement. You will get an automated email and then later a second email will with instructions. Send that email with your comics back with a note requesting credit for the shipping if you did not get a prepaid shipping label to print out.

i'll be curious to hear if they come back the same grade. As they would have to regrade them I imagine to ensure they're the same books. What a nightmare.
Post 11 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson2020
Not sure what happened but getting no answers.

Contact them on IG.
Seems that's where customer service hangs out...

And no, none of those comments are mine, lol.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
So someone dropped the ball completely on this. Does a robot package the books out for shipment? I'd assume an actual human does so how do they "accidentally" ship six raw books instead of six slabs? Don't they check the packing list as they're packing up the book?

Another disaster...
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
So someone dropped the ball completely on this. Does a robot package the books out for shipment? I'd assume an actual human does so how do they "accidentally" ship six raw books instead of six slabs? Don't they check the packing list as they're packing up the book?

Another disaster...

Eh.. I think I'd be more bothered if this happened at CGC levels. There really aren't a lot of reports of this sort of thing out of CBCS.
Not excusing any errors, and I know someone will post a couple (I could also guess whom), but in comparison, well... there really is none.
Someone goofed. It sucks but it happens.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
Why is it so hard to contact cbcs? You would figure the bigger the company grows the better on communication.Im not seeing that.

The OP already got an answer from Jesse on this thread.

It is not hard to get answers from CBCS if you ask for them on this forum.

Not all problems need to be fixed with a phone call.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I did it recently and I think it was worth it. CoalTiger private msg quote post Address this user
LOL!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme

The OP already got an answer from Jesse on this thread.

It is not hard to get answers from CBCS if you ask for them on this forum.

Not all problems need to be fixed with a phone call.

But... the answer was just a recommendation to contact someone specific. Most of the time the follow-up to that is "now that person hasn't returned my call/email either".

Just seems you shouldn't have to check to see if a company has a forum then try there for help.
Post 17 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
No photos?
Post 18 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe post the order number to expedite the process @Grayson2020.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:

Another disaster...

Eh.. I think I'd be more bothered if this happened at CGC levels. There really aren't a lot of reports of this sort of thing out of CBCS.
Not excusing any errors, and I know someone will post a couple (I could also guess whom), but in comparison, well... there really is none.
Someone goofed. It sucks but it happens.

For them to sandwich the books in-between the slab means someone was either totally incompetent or just didn't care. How do you confuse a raw copy and a slabbed copy?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Sounds like a fish sandwich.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Sigur_Ros

Apples and oranges.

Just because other service providers have conditioned us to expect answers by phone does not mean it is the best response method.

The person who has the answers (Daryl) has been notified by Jesse but is busy at Heroes Con this weekend.

Seems a better result than waiting on hold to speak with a customer service representative that might open a ticket for you.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@Sigur_Ros

Apples and oranges.

Just because other service providers have conditioned us to expect answers by phone does not mean it is the best response method.

The person who has the answers (Daryl) has been notified by Jesse but is busy at Heroes Con this weekend.

Seems a better result than waiting on hold to speak with a customer service representative that might open a ticket for you.

Point is, you said there was an answer given in the thread but there wasn't. There was a mention to go over CS's head and write to Daryl....next week sometime. The OP is no further ahead at all, unless he went to IG, then maybe.

But to list a CS number and email means that's how they want you to contact them. Most (by a long shot) customers do not join forums.
If we aren't to be conditioned to call/email for customer service then CBCS should stop telling us to. Ditch the listed methods of contact and instead say "ask in the forums and maybe we'll see it"

Seems very few forum questions about order specifics get answered via the forum.
And many times when a specific person is recommended, the OP still comes back saying "I tried that person and they haven't responded either".

Just saying... CS is bad. Period.
Literally everyone here, and it seems on the CGC forums and IG and YT know this. And probably elsewhere that I don't go to.

Maybe next week, after a con, the guy will get an email response.
Sad, since customer service isn't at the con and should be available right now.

I like the product but would absolutely hate it if I had a problem.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector canshal private msg quote post Address this user
It surprises me how many people (including employees, apparently) defend this company when there are obvious flaws in their Business Model.
I have read on this thread that the backlog has reached 100,000 comics. I have no way to verify this, but think about it. This means at any time, they are sitting on at least $3,000,000 for many months at a time. (I am not trolling, I have 3 books in the works which I paid $160.00 to grade back in October. Still in processing).
I used this service 3 years ago. I had my comics back in under 3 months, which I still felt was a long turnaround, but was happy with the product.
But this kind of growth should be met with more employees- this is now a major business, not a local Hobby Shop.
Mistakes like this poster experienced should be unacceptable.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
For them to sandwich the books in-between the slab means someone was either totally incompetent or just didn't care. How do you confuse a raw copy and a slabbed copy?

It's one thing for supporters and detractors of the two companies to banter and make generalizations about the companies themselves. It's another thing to call out an individual employee who is not here to defend or explain himself. I'm quite sure that if the packer/shipper were here he would say "that's what I do, I pack up the books that are delivered to me in the form that they reach me. I can actually tell the difference between slabbed and raw but I pack both". The more fair question would be; what happened in the slabbing department that caused these books to get skipped for slabbing? I'm guessing the answer does not include incompetent, don't care, can't tell the difference between raw and slabbed.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
Let’s not forget that none of this would be a big deal of CBCS would have an existing CS department. Why are you doing shows if you can’t answer the phones during the week? Why is CBCS not addressing this ?

It can be very frustrating when all we here is defenders of CBCS AND NOT CBCS THEMSELVES.

PLEASE CBCS , give us some answers and some honest timelines of improvement for customer service .
Post 26 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfacecomics
PLEASE CBCS , give us some answers and some honest timelines of improvement for customer service .

I can give some insight here. CBCS has been hiring and growing exponentially, and over the next few months we will be getting an even larger expansion of equipment and employees. Customer service is leaps and bounds over where it was a year ago, but we do have a long way to go.

We know that the only way we can fix our issues is to get turnaround times to a reasonable level. Yes, we do realize that they are not reasonable right now.

I was the second employee hired at CBCS and I have never been more confident that we will persevere. The growth we are going through right now is unprecedented and Beckett is committed to helping CBCS succeed.

The next few months are going to be critical for us. We have a huge expansion happening and we have a lot of exciting things on the horizon. If you, or any of your friends are looking for an opportunity in the comic (or card) certification business, please send me a message and I'll get you in touch with our hiring team. From graders to customer service, shipping to human resources, we are looking for good people who want to help make a difference here.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

It's one thing for supporters and detractors of the two companies to banter and make generalizations about the companies themselves. It's another thing to call out an individual employee who is not here to defend or explain himself. I'm quite sure that if the packer/shipper were here he would say "that's what I do, I pack up the books that are delivered to me in the form that they reach me. I can actually tell the difference between slabbed and raw but I pack both". The more fair question would be; what happened in the slabbing department that caused these books to get skipped for slabbing? I'm guessing the answer does not include incompetent, don't care, can't tell the difference between raw and slabbed.

If you think that may be their response then it would still fall on them especially if they're packing the books with the packing slip. Unless, they don't read the packing slip.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector SGT_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

If you think that may be their response then it would still fall on them especially if they're packing the books with the packing slip. Unless, they don't read the packing slip.

Further, even if they don't read the packing slip, they'd have to see what was happening here and think, "this is not usual, I've never packed up raw books loosely mixed among slabs, I'd better ask somebody if this is right."

I've never had prescreens returned without slabs from CBCS, but I have had some returned from the other company. Those raws were packed separately in a little box clearly marked with "DO NOT ENCAPSULATE."

We don't have to leap to any judgements about specific unnamed employees to know that proper procedures must not have been followed at multiple points.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
We know that the only way we can fix our issues is to get turnaround times to a reasonable level. Yes, we do realize that they are not reasonable right now.

With all due respect Steve, your biggest issue is not TATs, it's communication.
That is the common thread in almost all of these complaint posts.

Have people return calls and answer emails in shorter times than "weeks".
When changing tier structures post info on what happens to the vouchers people are holding from their memberships instead of making us chase down that info waiting weeks for answers.
Empower the customer service that does exist by giving them information so I'm not told a fast pass voucher is worth "either $10 or $15" and 2-day vouchers are either $45 credit or even exchange for New/Modern Express.
Fix the web site so we don't see different pricing depending on which page we're looking at.
Etc.

Communication is the biggest problem we, as customers, face.

Mistakes happen. Turnarounds take time. But there really is no excuse for being ignored when seeking help.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600868 106 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?