Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedGrading Help NeededQuestions

Comics sent back ungraded but charged17856

Collector Grayson2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Good questions.I didn’t think of any of that to be honest. Well. I don’t think they’re going to compensate me for any sort of trouble. At least they haven’t said anything. As of today they emailed me and said its just been graded and the books are in the encapsulating stage. Ill for sure keep everyone updated on what happens. Grade and delivery and all. I just got any people to see This and know what to do/expect if something like this happens again. Thanks for reading
Post 101 IP   flag post
Ok. Got the email that they’re graded slabbed and sent in the mail. I’ll be getting them by the estimate time frame they told me. HOWEVER to answer your question on compensation? Nothing so far seems to be being done to compensate me for any inconvenience they caused. Also. Seems the new grade actually Lowered my grade on Two comics. One was VERY significant. They’re original grade was 9.0 and now it’s down to 7.5. So yeah I guess this is as good as I’m gonna get. Sometimes the grade in the website is different from the actual grade so I’ll let you guys know when I have it in hand.
Post 102 IP   flag post
So. As of today I have my comics back so yes they did tell me I’ll have them back before the 22nd. However. No they did not compensate me for the inconvenience, they gave me TWO lower grades on my comics. By a lot actually. 9.0 down to 7.5 on one. Whether it was because it was damaged in the traveling back and forth or one of their graders missed something whos to say. Very upset about that. Also. They sent the package to the wrong address. An address I haven’t lived in for almost 5 years. Thank goodness I didn’t move out of state and I’m still friends with the landlord. The package would have be returned to sender otherwise. So this is all over. My final verdict? Don’t use this company unless you’re looking for the signature Verification service. Everything else. Go to the other guys. Someone dropped the ball hard on this order.
Post 103 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson2020
TWO lower grades on my comics. By a lot actually. 9.0 down to 7.5 on one

Ask them to compensate you for the difference in market value on the two books. Part of the grading tier cost goes towards insuring your books while in CBCS's possession. That protection is there for cases like this. You might as well use it.
Post 104 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So. As of today I have my comics back so yes they did tell me I’ll have them back before the 22nd. However. No they did not compensate me for the inconvenience, they gave me TWO lower grades on my comics. By a lot actually. 9.0 down to 7.5 on one. Whether it was because it was damaged in the traveling back and forth or one of their graders missed something whos to say. Very upset about that. Also. They sent the package to the wrong address. An address I haven’t lived in for almost 5 years. Thank goodness I didn’t move out of state and I’m still friends with the landlord. The package would have be returned to sender otherwise. So this is all over. My final verdict? Don’t use this company unless you’re looking for the signature Verification service. Everything else. Go to the other guys. Someone dropped the ball hard on this order.

That's too bad this has happened and took so long to get the books graded and encapsulated and returned.
Have you inspected the books to see if the new grades are accurate to the condition of the grades?
They did just hire some new people to grade that were trained by @Sborock. It is possible that your books books were graded by one of the newbees, and were more strict than the previous grader. BUT.... there is obviously something different in condition from 1st grading to recent grading as 9.0 to 7.5 represents the presence of more defects, that I doubt were over looked the first time around.
If they were damaged in all of the back and forth (no way to know), then it may be possible to CPR the books at your "other guys"....

I have a couple hundred+ CBCS graded books and I have never had an issue other than I may have gotten a 9.6 o a book I thought was a 9.8. But I have also gotten 9.8 on a book I thought was a 9.6. Grading isn't a prefect science. I would think I can submit the same book 10 times, and get up to 3 different grades. It happens.

Wish you well with the other guys.
Post 105 IP   flag post

would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
TWO lower grades on my comics. By a lot actually. 9.0 down to 7.5 on one

Ask them to compensate you for the difference in market value on the two books. Part of the grading tier cost goes towards insuring your books while in CBCS's possession. That protection is there for cases like this. You might as well use it.

Yea, while he'll probably get nowhere with them, I do find it incredibly ridiculous to charge for grading then just wedge the raw books between some slabs for shipping, then regrade them based on their new CBCS-created condition.
Post 106 IP   flag post
601352 106 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?