Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Express pricing change announced17851

being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
What is the difference between the old fastpass/quickstream tiers and the new express tier?
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector consumetheliving private msg quote post Address this user
they really need to take this page down as it's been rendered obsolete

Post 52 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
What is the difference between the old fastpass/quickstream tiers and the new express tier?

The new Express tiers have money-back guaranteed turnaround times. The old options gave you faster service but the TAT were always variable
Post 53 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
So if a guranteed express turnaround time is important to you, pay the premium. Simple.
Post 54 IP   flag post
How many collectors can really be using Express Plus or Super Express anyways?
Post 55 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper
Quote:
Good news is everyone can still choose to submit through the standard tier.

Not sure if this is serious or sarcastic. The standard tiers that progressively go further back in the line with every express submission that comes in the door?
Said me the day they introduced the new express tier. I’ve been furious about it. It took a price increase to the new express to put everyone else where I’ve been since April 6th.

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Post 56 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Great line from Back To School with Rodney
Post 57 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@WMorse How many collectors can really be using Express Plus or Super Express anyways?

Post 58 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:

You guys are old....
Post 59 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Great movie!

Post 60 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You guys are old....

jebus g willikers!! I really hope you're joking about the Back to School reference - read a book!!!!

(no disrespect to Rodney though - lol!!!)
Post 61 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I know I know... vonnegut. But it was more memorable for me in back to school. Sometimes 2nd prints have value. Lol

Edit thomas
Post 62 IP   flag post
Quote:

for people in the business it's a requirement - for most others it's a perk

the kick in the teeth (and a bit lower too!) is that 'normal' submissions just kind of keep getting longer and longer TATs - children are conceived, born and enter into daycare before a pressing book is graded and returned without any fast options
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
I know I know... vonnegut. But it was more memorable for me in back to school. Sometimes 2nd prints have value. Lol

Edit thomas
Even more old than I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You guys are old....

jebus g willikers!! I really hope you're joking about the Back to School reference - read a book!!!!

(no disrespect to Rodney though - lol!!!)
Im reading a book presently, a Dark Horse Terminator book from @poka’s last sale.

Aaaaahhhh yes, ignorance is bliss.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Quote:
[Im reading a book presently, a Dark Horse Terminator book from @poka’s last sale.

no, no..there are these other things with literally hundreds of pages with super think card stock covers - mostly kept mausoleums guarded by history grads and the homeless - if you can fight through them and the walking dead (cotton tops) then you can take the books home for free!!!!
Post 65 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
[Im reading a book presently, a Dark Horse Terminator book from @poka’s last sale.

no, no..there are these other things with literally hundreds of pages with super think card stock covers - mostly kept mausoleums guarded by history grads and the homeless - if you can fight through them and the walking dead (cotton tops) then you can take the books home for free!!!!
Oooohhhhhh, those places. The Mrs. gets her reading material there. Maybe that’s why she looks so old.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

the kick in the teeth (and a bit lower too!) is that 'normal' submissions just kind of keep getting longer and longer TATs - children are conceived, born and enter into daycare before a pressing book is graded and returned without any fast options

I'm sure CBCS is well aware they are currently leaving money on the table with regards to the pressing TAT.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@WMorse How many collectors can really be using Express Plus or Super Express anyways?

I never have. That’s why it’s funny to me that this is the straw that broke the camels back. Hell, this increase should only help customers whose stuff has been sitting there forever and wants it back. As far as business decisions go, that handbook was burned a while ago.
Post 68 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I never have.

Neither have I.
I take the slow train standard tier.
More of a scenic route

Post 69 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I will test this theory out. I just sent in slow press/grade submission a few weeks ago and have a newborn due in the next 2 weeks. I'll see if I get my books back before he goes to daycare!
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
I never have.

Neither have I.
I take the slow train standard tier.
More of a scenic route

Same here. I’ve never complained about TAT. I’ve never had a CBCS complaint until the guaranteed TAT. They have a superior product but I can’t publicly stand up for them anymore.
Post 71 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
We should get books that are graded the same and send them to the “other guys” see what happens. Send CGC books here and vice versa. I’m really curious as to how many discrepancies there would be. Maybe a 9.4 here is a 9.8 there. Maybe a 7.5 here is an 8 there. I’m just trying to think of something other than CBCS doing an excellent job of alienating their base demographic
Post 72 IP   flag post
Go for it @stanley_1883 and report back!
Post 73 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
CBCS just blows my mind - if MCS is willing to pick books up -why not leverage that relationship??

Another one of the many Unsolved Mysteries of CBCS.

Post 74 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Post 75 IP   flag post
600794 75 25
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.