Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Express pricing change announced17851

would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
And voila!

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Zipper private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
This could very well be a means of getting submissions under control. They're addressing the massive demand with appropriate pricing.

No doubt this is an adjustment because the initial express prices weren't enough and it only worsened their TATs and backlog.

I believe the solution should be that they should have moved the goal posts out for express. Make it two months, not two weeks. With two week Express services, they will never get to the pre-express submissions.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Hoarding_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
You all had to see this coming when they 1st announced the new pricing structure. When a grading was $24 with a nearly a year turn around time but for $40 you could get it back in 2 weeks tons of people were going to flood the express line to the point they would have a hard time keeping up. The huge drop in return time for a very small price increase wasnt sustainable. They were going to have to make the price more inline with the benefit.
Post 28 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silversorrow
Hopefully this will lead to shorter wait times for standard submission's as there won't be quite as many people using express to jump the line.

Wouldn't that mean longer wait times if they aren't willing to pay for express?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:
Hopefully this will lead to shorter wait times for standard submission's as there won't be quite as many people using express to jump the line.

No, because if they don't pay for express they don't jump in front of any orders you already have in. When people use express they jump in front of all standard orders that are already in thereby pushing those standard order TAT's back further and further each time. If they don't use express they slot in behind any orders already in thus not affecting those TAT's at all.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
If it isn't on their website or Facebook page, how 'announced' is it?
just as announced as the CBCS Canada closure or Steve leaving?
Post 31 IP   flag post
To me, the express tiers don't make a lot of sense and are likely part of the problem.

Why have three tiers that are so close together? Who really needs 1 day super express? Very few people and it's probably rarely used. The three tiers so close together 1, 5 and 14 days creates little differentiation and most people probably flock to the 5 or 14 day.

Why not spread then out more to provide a wider range, and it would also pace the work to make it more manageable.

For example: express could be 5 days, 30 days and 45 days with associated prices that properly reflect the level of "express."
Post 32 IP   flag post
yeah.... how much do you want to bet they either had their first group of refunds for not meeting the guaranteed TAT OR they had to pull all hands on deck with OT etc. to avoid that situation....and this is part of the solution....

Other than VSP or possibly a signing event with a creator I can't see continuing with CBCS

Don't forget they also changed where they would start to split orders effectively doubling the return shipping - even before the insurance increases!!

CCS pressing is a joke so off to 3rd party in Florida
MCS pickup from CBCS is also a joke - will try my hand at CGC shipping to MCS - will likely at least get updates to know where my books are.....
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

No, because if they don't pay for express they don't jump in front of any orders you already have in. When people use express they jump in front of all standard orders that are already in thereby pushing those standard order TAT's back further and further each time. If they don't use express they slot in behind any orders already in thus not affecting those TAT's at all.

I understand that but if they get overloaded on standard, that just means longer TATs in general.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
This feels like a slap in the face to be honest.

At least it's a slap in the face from the new president who hasn't bothered to make an announcement or interact with the forum, instead of our beloved @sborock.

Especially the company knowing @sborock was so available on the forums and truly was the face of CBCS. Very disheartening and somewhat insulting to both old and new potential customers. But, maybe we just expect too much?
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjagnew
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
This feels like a slap in the face to be honest.

At least it's a slap in the face from the new president who hasn't bothered to make an announcement or interact with the forum, instead of our beloved @sborock.

Especially the company knowing @sborock was so available on the forums and truly was the face of CBCS. Very disheartening and somewhat insulting to both old and new potential customers. But, maybe we just expect too much?

too much??!!! - not even a press release or bio on the 'About Us' link....pathetic.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
too much??!!! - not even a press release or bio on the 'About Us' link....pathetic.

I don't disagree at all, it should have been addressed! However I still eat McDonald's french fries without seeing Ronald on TV everyday. That's why I ask if we have higher expectations than others.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Silversorrow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I understand that but if they get overloaded on standard, that just means longer TATs in general.
The only way TAT's would get longer in general for standard submission's is if people submit more books overall. This change is more likely to drive people away than drive them to submit even more books. So if anything TAT's in general should either stay the same or get lower across the board.
Post 38 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
This could very well be a means of getting submissions under control. They're addressing the massive demand with appropriate pricing.

This is nothing, it’s a red herring. I promise that even IF the backlog gets addressed and that’s a Herculean “If” these prices will stay. They won’t lower the prices, this is the new normal. We the fans get punished…again
Post 39 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

This is nothing, it’s a red herring. I promise that even IF the backlog gets addressed and that’s a Herculean “If” these prices will stay. They won’t lower the prices, this is the new normal. We the fans get punished…again

For sure the prices stay.....unless there's a massive drop in submissions which isn't likely.
Post 40 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve always been a CBCS supporter and I don’t really like CGC at all. But this might make me switch. Also the $200 membership with really no perks sucks.

I hate to say it but I may have to try CGC out and become a member for half the cost and get my money back with CGC perks. No perks with CBCS any more just money grab.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Whammykablam private msg quote post Address this user
At least I got to enjoy $40 two-week grading twice (if my DeMatteis book ever enters grading).
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector consumetheliving private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I'm CGC bound for the foreseeable future. I'll check back next year once the standard TAT's come back down to earth.
Post 43 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
My first reaction to CBCS's announcement:

Post 44 IP   flag post
@flanders

Ten minutes ago.
Post 45 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Good news is everyone can still choose to submit through the standard tier.
Post 46 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse

Not sure if this is serious or sarcastic. The standard tiers that progressively go further back in the line with every express submission that comes in the door?
Post 48 IP   flag post
Those express submissions might be slowing down at these rates...
Post 49 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper
Quote:

Not sure if this is serious or sarcastic. The standard tiers that progressively go further back in the line with every express submission that comes in the door?
Said me the day they introduced the new express tier. I’ve been furious about it. It took a price increase to the new express to put everyone else where I’ve been since April 6th.
Post 50 IP   flag post
What is the difference between the old fastpass/quickstream tiers and the new express tier?
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector consumetheliving private msg quote post Address this user
they really need to take this page down as it's been rendered obsolete

Post 52 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
What is the difference between the old fastpass/quickstream tiers and the new express tier?

The new Express tiers have money-back guaranteed turnaround times. The old options gave you faster service but the TAT were always variable
Post 53 IP   flag post
So if a guranteed express turnaround time is important to you, pay the premium. Simple.
Post 54 IP   flag post
How many collectors can really be using Express Plus or Super Express anyways?
Post 55 IP   flag post
601341 75 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.