Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Full size Arcade console...I need suggestions17847

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
@Murmonster Gracias.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
So the one from Walmart did not include a riser and no light up marquee.
I will be returning it and might grab the one from QVC which includes both for an extra $50

Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
We ordered the Terminator Arcade1up machine from Best Buy during their big sale this week. The price was 300.00 off. It brought it down to a level that was comfortable to spend.

Maybe I’ll do a review on it once we get it up and running.
Post 53 IP   flag post
EDIT - The sale is over it's now $500

For anyone on the west coast RC Willey has
Arcade 1Up The Simpsons Arcade Machine with Stool for $350.

https://www.rcwilley.com/Electronics/Gaming/Arcade1Up/112282172/Arcade-1Up-The-Simpsons-Arcade-Machine-with-Stool-View?utm_source=RakutenAffiliateNetwork&utm_medium=Affiliates&utm_campaign=10&ranMID=39945&ranEAID=lw9MynSeamY&ranSiteID=lw9MynSeamY-3kZRHiDF75ut1MRir7abGQ&utm_source=rakuten&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=Slickdeals+LLC
Post 54 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
For anyone on the west coast RC Willey has
Arcade 1Up The Simpsons Arcade Machine with Stool for $350.

https://www.rcwilley.com/Electronics/Gaming/Arcade1Up/112282172/Arcade-1Up-The-Simpsons-Arcade-Machine-with-Stool-View?utm_source=RakutenAffiliateNetwork&utm_medium=Affiliates&utm_campaign=10&ranMID=39945&ranEAID=lw9MynSeamY&ranSiteID=lw9MynSeamY-3kZRHiDF75ut1MRir7abGQ&utm_source=rakuten&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=Slickdeals+LLC

i hate how tiny those 1ups are...
Post 55 IP   flag post

@multi007 I agree I used to have a 4-player unit myself but replaced it with the Legends Ultimate.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector CEPubDude private msg quote post Address this user
I believe the other problem is adding games to the system isn't allowed?? Correct me if I'm wrong. But we have literally 500+ games on our Legends Ultimate system. We can easily add whatever we want to it, download and minor setup. A massive minus for the arcade 1up systems in my opinion.

I think I've read somewhere that it can be done with some extensive changes which basically means replacing the main processor with a Retro-Pi system. Which is another $100 and extensive programming and re-wiring.

10-20 games or unlimited... Easy choice for an extra $200.
Post 57 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.gameinformer.com/2022/08/05/arcade1up-announces-marvel-vs-capcom-2-cabinet-with-eight-games-wi-fi-play

https://arcade1up.com/products/marvel-vs-capcom-2-arcade-game
Post 58 IP   flag post
@CEPubDude I think you’re right with everything you said. The advantage with the Legends Ultimate is having a USB port makes modding/adding games a breeze.
Post 59 IP   flag post
We got our Terminator 2 up and running. It is a bit wider and roughly 10 inches taller than the other Arcade1up machines. I really dig the size. It plays great. Having played if over the last 2 days, I understand why I could never get to the end. It gets off the charts difficult and would have cost a fortune to have completed the game in an arcade setting.

You can go into the game suite and change the difficulty of a level, add ammo/bombs, and jump over levels.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
I really dig the size. It plays great.

Phrasing
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEPubDude
I believe the other problem is adding games to the system isn't allowed?? Correct me if I'm wrong. But we have literally 500+ games on our Legends Ultimate system. We can easily add whatever we want to it, download and minor setup. A massive minus for the arcade 1up systems in my opinion.

I think I've read somewhere that it can be done with some extensive changes which basically means replacing the main processor with a Retro-Pi system. Which is another $100 and extensive programming and re-wiring.

I saw this at Sam's club. It was an awful setup that wasn't working and I didn't give it another look. Any problems with it running?
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector CEPubDude private msg quote post Address this user
Hey etapi65,

2 years running and still a fantastic machine. We bought ours from Sam's on sale I believe for $450. Now they are $599 at Legends. And I would pay $599 for it if I didn't have one. Yes, I'm not crazy about the control configuration, but the control set covers literally everything except for a Tron Joystick trigger, but pretty much nobody has that.

Tron still fun to play.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEPubDude

I saw this at Sam's club. It was an awful setup that wasn't working and I didn't give it another look. Any problems with it running?

It is the machine no one uses in our home. Most of the games are lame or awful to play.
Post 64 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
This was my favorite when it came out.

Post 65 IP   flag post
RC Willey now has for $399

Arcade 1Up Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time Arcade Machine..with Stool

Again best for folks on the West Coast

https://www.rcwilley.com/Electronics/Gaming/Arcade1Up/112281958/Arcade-1Up-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Turtles-in-Time-Arcade-Machine-View?utm_source=RakutenAffiliateNetwork&utm_medium=Affiliates&utm_campaign=10&ranMID=39945&ranEAID=lw9MynSeamY&ranSiteID=lw9MynSeamY-xd9Glq3dz45s.WU_mKjyWA&utm_source=rakuten&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=Slickdeals+LLC
Post 66 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 Defender is great would love to own one like in your pic. Years ago I bought a Gauntlet cabinet for $100 that had TMNT installed. Kids played it for years and I sold it for $200 don’t see deals like that anymore.
Post 67 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia

We just added this one. It was a pain to move down the stairs by myself. Thankfully I don’t skip leg day.

Post 68 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave They have that at the Dave & Busters near me very fun to play.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Davethebrave They have that at the Dave & Busters near me very fun to play.

Same. JK that I bought one and walked it down stairs solo. It’s 1,000 lbs. I moved 350-400lb pinball machines down steps with a hand truck and it’s a pain.

Great game.

Edit: What I do have are three PS5s and a racing sim setup that I’m about to update with one of the the PS5s. Will do it ahead of winter.
Post 70 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave I had a feeling you were kidding especially when you said you moved it down the stairs by yourself.

Hope you post pics of your racing sim setup after the PS5 update I love seeing that kinda stuff.
Post 71 IP   flag post
Here are a few more RC Willey deals for anyone who lives near a store or close enough for free shipping.

Arcade 1Up The Simpsons Arcade Machine with Stool - $299.99 - $50 less than last weeks sale price.

https://www.rcwilley.com/Electronics/Gaming/Arcade1Up/112282172/Arcade-1Up-The-Simpsons-Arcade-Machine-with-Stool-View?utm_source=RakutenAffiliateNetwork&utm_medium=Affiliates&utm_campaign=10&ranMID=39945&ranEAID=lw9MynSeamY&ranSiteID=lw9MynSeamY-a4sCWohwaHyATiA9jLvnWg&utm_source=rakuten&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=Slickdeals+LLC

Arcade 1Up X-Men 4 Player Arcade Machine with Stool - $399.99

https://www.rcwilley.com/Electronics/Gaming/Arcade1Up/112469248/Arcade-1Up-X-Men-4-Player-Arcade-Machine-View?utm_source=RakutenAffiliateNetwork&utm_medium=Affiliates&utm_campaign=10&ranMID=39945&ranEAID=lw9MynSeamY&ranSiteID=lw9MynSeamY-faxWLtPlVm406tIpqx52Lw&utm_source=rakuten&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=Slickdeals+LLC

Arcade 1Up Tron Arcade Machine - $399.99 - If you read the features it sounds like a Stool might be included.

https://www.rcwilley.com/Electronics/Gaming/Arcade1Up/112281907/Arcade-1Up-Tron-Arcade-Machine-View?utm_source=RakutenAffiliateNetwork&utm_medium=Affiliates&utm_campaign=10&ranMID=39945&ranEAID=lw9MynSeamY&ranSiteID=lw9MynSeamY-cmXG2m4BT8PTzUaXaKzYTA&utm_source=rakuten&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=Slickdeals+LLC
Post 72 IP   flag post
I’ve noticed a LOT of price cuts in many areas lately.

My racing rig right now has a mix of old and new. Old logitech wheel/pedal/shifter that I am likely updating to direct drive, possibly Fanatec (prices seem to be dropping in peripherals so keeping eyes open).

My seat/frame is new and I’m happy with it. Have a dedicated screen (40 inch) for it but I also have a slightly busted 65 inch TV that I am going to try and repair and use that instead.

Have a butt-kicker for motion simulation.

Hooked up to my PS3 right now, with my third PS5 waiting for when I upgrade the rest. I actually want to run everything through a VR headset but I still don’t see GT7 supporting it… so biding my time for the best combo.

I don’t do much/any sim driving during the summer so it can all wait for closer to winter, with some opportunistic purchases…

Quote:
@Davethebrave I had a feeling you were kidding especially when you said you moved it down the stairs by yourself.

Hope you post pics of your racing sim setup after the PS5 update I love seeing that kinda stuff.
Post 73 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave Yeah those price cuts are pretty good but honestly I think those should be the regular prices. I would consider getting the Tron cabinet if it hits $300.

Sounds like it might be a bit before you get your racing rig updated hope to see pics when it’s done it’s cool to see home setups like that.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Best Buy has reduced prices for their anniversary sale going on now.
Post 75 IP   flag post
@xjagnew Cool I hope if anyone considers getting one of these they shop around for the best price good deals are out there I try to post them as I find them. I feel that comics and video games go together well. In my early adult years after comic shows my friends and I would go to a local pizza shop for food and games. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat those were the best.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
In my early adult years after comic shows my friends and I would go to a local pizza shop for food and games. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat those were the best.

That statement might date your adulthood a decade or three ago. 🍻

I do remember a "sick day" I spent donating quarters to a MK machine back in the day. Pretty sure it cured me of my sickness.
Post 77 IP   flag post
@xjagnew You are correct sir three it is I’ll be 50 this year. My son is now that age it’s hard to find places with old school games I feel bad for him those times were great.

Oh and my last video game “sick day” was when Resident Evil 4 released for the Wii I played it for about 30 hours straight.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjagnew
Best Buy has reduced prices for their anniversary sale going on now.

that's actually a nice sale - up to 50% off on arcade cabs... very nice
Post 79 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Post 80 IP   flag post
598063 80 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?