Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Full size Arcade console...I need suggestions17847

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

I felt that it was too good of a deal to pass up. An entry level game to see if it is something you would like and play without a major investment.

I will be interested to hear your feedback on it. The price is so low that it's almost unsettling.
Post 26 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It's QVC blowing it out for warehouse space, plus it's an Arcade1Up machine. I already have the Arcade Legends machine in a one rental cabin. This one is going in another.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson That’s a good cabinet for the price I bought the first gen Street Fighter cabinet wish I would have waited for the one you bought.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
It's QVC blowing it out for warehouse space, plus it's an Arcade1Up machine. I already have the Arcade Legends machine in a one rental cabin. This one is going in another.

That's got to be pretty cool for the guests to have an arcade game in a rental cabin.
Post 29 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

I felt that it was too good of a deal to pass up. An entry level game to see if it is something you would like and play without a major investment.

I will be interested to hear your feedback on it. The price is so low that it's almost unsettling.

I suggest sticking to a unit that you can enjoy head-to-head gaming on.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@EbayMafia I bought my machines from Arcade1Up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEPubDude
We have a Legends Ultimate. Bought it at Sam's club a couple years ago on sale for $450 I think. It's a fantastic cabinet.

Based on the suggestions, I'm leaning towards these 2 options..Arcade1Up and Legends Ultimate. The significantly larger inventory of games has me preferring Legends. Would be kind of cool to introduce my kids to some obscure games that they never knew existed.

Nibbler!
Post 31 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a good review vid of a plethora of options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqtjSoWrQas

personally, I did DIY using an X-Arcade tank stick.

When looking at a cabinet, make sure you know what you want to play. just the basics? defender, joust, robotron, pacman? or centipede, missile command, tempest?

Q-bert uses a different joystick. Some games use 8 way positioning, so you may need to use those sticks. Then there's a spinner control for games like tempest. Then games like "centipede" and "missile command" use track balls...

so do you want a controller with all these options? try this.
https://www.mameroom.com/webstore.asp?productid=QUADCONTROLLER&category=157

has 8 way sticks, trackball, spinner...

problem is - this is to be used in your own cabinet or diy mame pc set up.

First step though is - figure out what do you want to play on it? will it be just for mame arcade? or to use with other consoles? playstation etc.

lots of options out there.
Post 32 IP   flag post
It arrived today. It took a couple of hours to put it together, but it was worth the $299.

Post 33 IP   flag post
Looks like a great buy for the purposes you have in mind. Pac-man gives me PTSD. I had a lot of anxiety running away from the ghosts and trying to preserve my quarter for as long as possible. My quarters were limited and precious as a kid.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Your custom title seems so much clearer to me now.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
I built this over a couple weekends over a decade ago. I ordered a custom bezel/header for the cabinet to complete the look. Sucker was huge and heavy. I built this before TVs got smaller and lighter. I think this was an old 32" tube TV so it was a bitch to move the unit around. It was also a pain in the ass to get the system up and running since the program was really buggy, but once it was up, it was an awesome system. I hooked up my Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, and N64 to this system via a switch box that only utilized the tv and speakers.

Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:

You play rough.
Post 37 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

How about mine?
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
Quote:

How about mine?

Good question. I have no idea where your custom title comes from or why.
Post 39 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 40 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
nice cabs. im still worried when you all decide to play a game that needs a spinner....
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector CEPubDude private msg quote post Address this user
Spinner was a deal maker for us on the Legends Cabinet. Must play Tempest, Omega Race and of course Discs and Tanks on Tron.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEPubDude
Spinner was a deal maker for us on the Legends Cabinet. Must play Tempest, Omega Race and of course Discs and Tanks on Tron.

I picked up a USB spinner on eBay. Somebody with better knowledge and I knew how to solder the right connectors… lol. Paid about 100 bucks for it. Works great
Post 43 IP   flag post
EDIT - WAITING FOR PS5
Post 44 IP   flag post
FYI Walmart has the Arcade1Up Street Fighter 12-in-1 Capcom Legacy Arcade for $249.02 which includes the riser and light-up marquee that's $50 less than the QVC deal from post #25.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1Up-Street-Fighter-12-in-1-Capcom-Legacy-Arcade/143780129?athbdg=L1300
Post 45 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
It arrived today. It took a couple of hours to put it together, but it was worth the $299.

love it!!!!
Post 46 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
This is a good deal with the second joystick included BUT the system is otherwise the same (no riser etc). Check the reviews. It’s a common issue with 1up listings.

Also missing Joust and kinda narrow game list…

@EbayMafia for his thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
FYI Walmart has the Arcade1Up Street Fighter 12-in-1 Capcom Legacy Arcade for $249.02 which includes the riser and light-up marquee that's $50 less than the QVC deal from post #25.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1Up-Street-Fighter-12-in-1-Capcom-Legacy-Arcade/143780129?athbdg=L1300
Post 47 IP   flag post
Thanks @Davethebrave I see that in the reviews not sure what Walmart will do about that.
What's weird though when I looked at Youtube reviews of this the marquee looks illuminated.

Looking at the QVC one again it does appear to include the riser and light-up marquee.

EDIT: I ordered one will see what I get and deal with Walmart if I don't receive what's listed.
I have a feeling once this hits Slickdeals it will sell out so wanted to give the heads up on it.

Also this price is just for the Street Fighter unit the Pac-Man one that @DrWatson bought is not on sale.
Post 48 IP   flag post
I'm thinking about the Street Fighter one, but as a six foot adult, the riser is a must.
Post 49 IP   flag post
@DrWatson My order shows delivery on Tuesday I’ll let you know if the riser is included.
Post 50 IP   flag post
@Murmonster Gracias.
Post 51 IP   flag post
So the one from Walmart did not include a riser and no light up marquee.
I will be returning it and might grab the one from QVC which includes both for an extra $50

Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
We ordered the Terminator Arcade1up machine from Best Buy during their big sale this week. The price was 300.00 off. It brought it down to a level that was comfortable to spend.

Maybe I’ll do a review on it once we get it up and running.
Post 53 IP   flag post
EDIT - The sale is over it's now $500

For anyone on the west coast RC Willey has
Arcade 1Up The Simpsons Arcade Machine with Stool for $350.

https://www.rcwilley.com/Electronics/Gaming/Arcade1Up/112282172/Arcade-1Up-The-Simpsons-Arcade-Machine-with-Stool-View?utm_source=RakutenAffiliateNetwork&utm_medium=Affiliates&utm_campaign=10&ranMID=39945&ranEAID=lw9MynSeamY&ranSiteID=lw9MynSeamY-3kZRHiDF75ut1MRir7abGQ&utm_source=rakuten&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=Slickdeals+LLC
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmonster
For anyone on the west coast RC Willey has
Arcade 1Up The Simpsons Arcade Machine with Stool for $350.

https://www.rcwilley.com/Electronics/Gaming/Arcade1Up/112282172/Arcade-1Up-The-Simpsons-Arcade-Machine-with-Stool-View?utm_source=RakutenAffiliateNetwork&utm_medium=Affiliates&utm_campaign=10&ranMID=39945&ranEAID=lw9MynSeamY&ranSiteID=lw9MynSeamY-3kZRHiDF75ut1MRir7abGQ&utm_source=rakuten&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=Slickdeals+LLC

i hate how tiny those 1ups are...
Post 55 IP   flag post
600882 80 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?