Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASP

Status update17845

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Happyfacecomics I respect peoples right to have opinions and voice them. But a forum that is owned by CBCS is not an appropriate venue for this crusade. I don't respect that people should have access to any venue of their choosing for their free speech and opinions. However, if the moderators choose to let the crusade continue on a forum that is built and paid for by CBCS, intended to be an asset to CBCS...so be it.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRO
Is there a correlation to a simple beginning with superb customer service and easily understood workings of the company's operation, and the unsatisfactory present pathetic customer service and a seemingly chaotic operation?

Change in ownership (beckett) and original founder left the business??

Steve Borock WAS the reason I threw my--limited--lot in with CBCS. It seems likely that him leaving will prompt me to do so too. This is not how I envisioned CBCS evolving. My own personal gripe is primarily the apparent disregard towards me as a loyal customer.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Happyfacecomics private msg quote post Address this user
My apologies to the forum - but @GAC HAS BEEN poking my post and stepping on my opinions which are appreciated by others and obviously not by him . I don’t say anything about his post or have never attacked him.

However , I’m open for discussion if he wants to reach out and discuss how to make CBCS better working environment (better pay) and a better system of communicating with their customers .
Post 28 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@Happyfacecomics I respect peoples right to have opinions and voice them. But a forum that is owned by CBCS is not an appropriate venue for this crusade. I don't respect that people should have access to any venue of their choosing for their free speech and opinions. However, if the moderators choose to let the crusade continue on a forum that is built and paid for by CBCS, intended to be an asset to CBCS...so be it.

Exactly!! And for me, I have alot more tolerance for people who complain but also obviously support or have positive things to say as well...which is most of us.

When there's a huge imbalance leaning towards negativity...I question the motives
Post 29 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfacecomics
My apologies to the forum - but @GAC HAS BEEN poking my post and stepping on my opinions which are appreciated by others and obviously not by him . I don’t say anything about his post or have never attacked him.

However , I’m open for discussion if he wants to reach out and discuss how to make CBCS better working environment (better pay) and a better system of communicating with their customers .

Every one of your posts are either an attack on CBCS or in support of an attack on CBCS. No other contribution that I've seen. I'm just challenging that.
Post 30 IP   flag post

My motives are purely to protect my large investment and the integrity of the HOBBY of comics. I love the hobby ,

I love collecting, and I loved Steve being the president of CBCS and being available. Now we have no one we trust at CBCS and the lack of transparency or leadership does not help the hobby or the people who have invested in CBCS PRODUCT. (SLABS)

@GAC I have 250,000 reasons to be upset and voice my concerns and just maybe - just maybe - if enough people voice their collective displeasure we can make a change here at CBCS
Post 31 IP   flag post
My apologies for the Neophyte comment , that was not fair , I’m obviously are smart and aware of situation here at CBCS .
Post 32 IP   flag post
*You are
Post 33 IP   flag post
@Happyfacecomics so let me get this straight...you're trying to help CBCS by tearing them down every chance you get? By reporting old news about Greg Lindbergh? By supporting others who tear down CBCS with "peanut gallery" posts like "another satisfied customer"?.....this is how you're helping? Instead of highlighting what's positive about CBCS...showcasing your $250K CBCS collection...constructively criticizing CBCS...being an ambassador instead of a detractor?
Post 34 IP   flag post
WHAT IS POSITIVE ANOUT CBCS RIGHT NOW ?

The fact that they hosed thousands of customers who submitted in 2021 and now have to wait behind the guaranteed express tiers ? So
CBCS took the money in 2021 and cares so little about them, that’s it’s ok service the new customers who pay the new tier prices and forget about the customers who carried them pre-
Covid ?

That’s good news ?
What is the good news ? Steve leaving ? Is that good ?

Why doesn’t CBCS DUE there job and answer the dam phones !!!

Why don’t you answer the dam phones when people call? Or are you so busy collecting a paycheck and typing on this forum - Dinis all a favor and go back to work and lease
Get those submissions form June of last year done before a
Submission from last week?

Where is the good news @GAC

Maybe you should continue to spread the propaganda that all is well at CBCS?

Your president bailed on you because of the ownership group !

What part of that you s good news ?
Post 35 IP   flag post
@Happyfacecomics You're right...its all shit....burn the house down!

I am not an employee of CBCS. I live in Canada. lol!!
Post 36 IP   flag post
I can do this all night @GAC

GO TO BED ! Your loyalty card is well noted - but then again the crew lied to the passengers of the Titanic as she was sinking .

So did GAI (Global Authentication INC) and I see a lot of similarities between the hat happens to them and what is happening to CBCS -

MANY OF MY friends and myself lost $$$$$$$ when they went into bankruptcy and finally closed the
Doors without retuning 85% of the cards they had in house and Paid for - hundreds of thousands of dollars in cards not returned and dissolved into bankruptcy and new owners lack of integrity.

Again @GAC people want to know there books are safe - pick up the phone and tell them !
Post 37 IP   flag post
@Happyfacecomics nah....you've got an agenda. Your 100% solely negative posts tearing down CBCS is suspicious.
Post 38 IP   flag post
I thought you Canadians were non violent people ?

If you sent A diamond ring for an appraisal and a
Cleaning , would you wait a year to get that item back ? ( if they told you 4 weeks for appraisal and cleaning ) Why is this any different . Some of my comics are worth more then diamond rings ,

Imagine if Zales treated their customers like CBCS ? Do Uou think they would be in business to long ?

Imagine calling Zales And they don’t pick up the phone . Don’t k ow where your ring is , and don’t know when they will get it back to you ? Would you accept that ?
Post 39 IP   flag post
If the telling people the truth is “having an agenda” then I guess the 350 books I have sitting there paid for were all a ruse?
Post 40 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I don't believe that a total collapse of CBCS will destroy the value of existing slabs. The market knows that those books were generally graded accurately and consistently. I'm gonna have to agree that there is a risk of the market attaching a stigma to books graded after Steve's departure. CBCS needs to be sold, fairly quickly, to someone willing to invest some TLC and take on the challenges that the company faces.
Post 41 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Are we talking about submitted books outside of the posted turnaround time?
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector nrvn77 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, they forgot to get Simmonds to sign the books. March 13 I received an email from CBCS and they told me that they would be in Dallas on March 15 and are going to be signed at an upcoming event. They created a 2nd invoice as a result and shipped half of the order to me. I just wanted someone from CBCS to communicate with me.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I don't believe that a total collapse of CBCS will destroy the value of existing slabs. The market knows that those books were generally graded accurately and consistently. I'm gonna have to agree that there is a risk of the market attaching a stigma to books graded after Steve's departure. CBCS needs to be sold, fairly quickly, to someone willing to invest some TLC and take on the challenges that the company faces.

Why would there be a stigma against the books graded after his departure? I thought after they bought him out he, more or less, was just a figurehead for the company. Is there a stigma for CGC books graded after his departure from there? I don't think the majority of slab buyers know who the hell Steve is, nor do they care. They care more about the number on the top left corner on the book, and not who runs the company.
Post 44 IP   flag post
@nrvn77 I'm sorry for hijacking your thread.

@Jesse_O please feel free to delete my posts.
Post 45 IP   flag post
@GAC that’s ok, I feel bad because I wasn’t trying to create controversy. I was hoping someone could provide me with how to get someone from CBCS to give me an update on my order since they are signed. I am cringing at the fact that I have books for autograph verification that I dropped off at fan expo in Philadelphia.
Post 46 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrvn77
@GAC that’s ok, I feel bad because I wasn’t trying to create controversy. I was hoping someone could provide me with how to get someone from CBCS to give me an update on my order since they are signed. I am cringing at the fact that I have books for autograph verification that I dropped off at fan expo in Philadelphia.

I think it was easy to hijack the thread because everyone (people who like CBCS and people who don't) all believe you probably won't get the help you're looking for anyway.
They should have an employee monitor the forums and get answers for people.

Happy is correct that the staff is very active in the contest threads and "on my desk" threads but when people are trying to find out important things, like what happened to their membership benefits after the price hike/tier restructuring, they completely ignore it.

The good news...
My 35 book "17 week TAT" submission just returned, 2 weeks short of a year from the day I mailed them. I'm hesitant to look at the slabs after all the scuffing on my last batch, but at least they returned them to me. So, just trust that despite the non-existent customer service they will return your books some day.
Try not to worry.
Post 47 IP   flag post
@Sigur_Ros thanks for your insight.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I don't even think Steve leaving will have a stigma for books graded after him - West was a Steve acolyte from the very early days at CGC and is now head at CBCS (in my mind that says standards are the same) - the issue again is the awesome CBCS communication!!!

Why after Steve left did they not at the very least have a press release or mass e-mail to everyone in their data base to introduce us to West?? (I had to scour the interweb to get a little info) I can get maybe not social media interviews - maybe the guy doesn't feel comfortable in front of the camera - fair enough - but at least send a release with pertinent info!!!

Come on CBCS - do better!!!

Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrvn77

No need to feel bad....your complaint is 100% legit. I hope resolution comes soon.
Post 50 IP   flag post
@GAC thanks
Post 51 IP   flag post
598059 51 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?