Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeFor Sale

MCS Weekly Auctions by Forum Members, ending Monday June 27th.17841

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Tonight marks the start of 3rd combined MCS weekly auction thread. Please post your comics and links in this thread for Auction starting Monday 20th and ending Monday the 27th.
MCS Nuke Proof shipping starts at a reasonable $7:00

Happy bidding.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
This will be my MEGA auction at MCS with only 5 comics listed??? Mega? 5? Well, let me explain with:

MEGALITH 0 - 9.6
MEGALITH 1 - 9.8
MEGALITH 2 - 9.6

These were all part of the Deathwatch 2000 storyline event with Neal Adams covers and story lines/plots.

along with

WildCATS #1 Vol 1 - 9.8
&
Plasm 0 - 9.8

Here is the direct link to all 5 listings: Direct Link to SlabSmart MCS Auction
Post 2 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator I was pricing some inventory at MCS and saw something that made me curious; just how many 9.8 CBCS copies of WILDCats #1 did you own?
Post 3 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia - That was one of my two long term speculative purchases that I made at time of publication. In 1983, I bought 100 Alpha Flight #1. In 1992, I bought 100 WildCATS. The purchase of the WildCATs got me the Gold Variant edition also.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Do you remember how many graded 9.8?
Post 5 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
I put Animal Comics 27 in the pot this week, a nice 5.0 with a Jigger cover and white interior pages.

It's always a pleasant surprise to see white pages in a 75 year old book, I almost held it for that reason alone.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia - off the top of my head, 2 @ 9.9, 80-85% @ 9.8, 5-10% @ 9.6, and 2-5% @ 9.4. That is for the WildCATS. Alpha Flight would have been similar but fir my wife putting a box in the garage, unbeknownst to me until after they got damaged.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Only 1 item in this weeks auction for me

Space Girl Pin-Up by Mike Hoffman
Space Girl Pin-Up by Mike Hoffman. Signed by the artist. Pencil, ink, and watercolor on heavy stock. 9" x 12", full color.clickable text

Post 8 IP   flag post
This is the only book I have in auction this week that I think is interesting enough to post here at the moment. Anyone who's been considering getting one of these should keep in mind the cost and time required to slab a magazine these days:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=56364321

Post 9 IP   flag post
I just noticed that MCS has a "featured items" tab for their weekly auctions. I doubt any of my books will be in it, but kind of cool. Surprised I never noticed that until 3 years of looking at their auctions:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/auctions?agid=547&feat=1
Post 10 IP   flag post
This well-centered but fairly insignificant offering of mine is currently at $13

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=56503074

Post 11 IP   flag post
The Auctions start closing today at 4pm Pacific / 7pm Eastern.

Below are the current bids on my lot. Bargains to be had! Oh, and by the way, these were NOT pressed. Direct link to the auctions: Click here

Megalith 0 @ $7

Megalith #1 @ $22

Megalith #2 @ $4

Plasm 0 @ $16

WildC.A.T.S. Vol 1 #1 @ $31

Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
This one currently at $54

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=56364321

Post 13 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia
Looks like that top right corner could be pressed out...
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Scifinator Hey bud, I clicked the link 3 times, says site cannot be reached...
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@EbayMafia

ahhh...but a chip above the 'star' in star wars..although with the press maybe 8 or 8.5 then??
Post 16 IP   flag post
ya..know....had a few sales the last 2 MCS auctions and was going to either bid on a book at Heritage or save for a sketch or two in August but NooooOOOOoooooo..... f'ing check engine light came on...

I might get lucky - I have a VW diesel and there are issues with the ERG etc. that are still under warranty - really hoping it's covered!!..either that or it's electrical tape time!!! (i.e. just cover the check engine light - everything sounds and runs smooth)
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
@EbayMafia

Huh, I never noticed that before. That may explain why it got a much lower grade than I expected. I would say it probably happened in shipping to CGC but 2 other magazines in that group graded 9.6. So it can't really be shipping damage.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
@EbayMafia

Huh, I never noticed that before. That may explain why it got a much lower grade than I expected. I would say it probably happened in shipping to CGC but 2 other magazines in that group graded 9.6. So it can't really be shipping damage.

Dude, with the number of people handling our books, it's wonder any of us ever get a 9.6 or higher.
I started taking pics before shipping books out so I can remember what they looked like.
But that book would definitely get a grade bump with a press. May not be but half a grade and may not be worth the time and money. If it's not something you want to hold, flip that thing...
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@EbayMafia

Dude, with the number of people handling our books, it's wonder any of us ever get a 9.6 or higher.
I started taking pics before shipping books out so I can remember what they looked like.
But that book would definitely get a grade bump with a press. May not be but half a grade and may not be worth the time and money. If it's not something you want to hold, flip that thing...

It's someone else's opportunity as of about 2 hours ago. But the reality is that magazines are kind of expensive to press and slab.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
It's someone else's opportunity as of about 2 hours ago. But the reality is that magazines are kind of expensive to press and slab.

Congrats on the sale.
Agreed, mags are expensive to grade in comparison to comics.
Back in the 90's I read the magazine Overstreet Comic Book Marketplace.
It provided stories about artists and their respective works.
Still have about 40-50 in pristine condition. Read once, some twice. Bagged & boarded.
They had great cover art and would look nice in slabs, but at a large cost.
I may send in a few of the best ones some day.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
ya..know....had a few sales the last 2 MCS auctions and was going to either bid on a book at Heritage or save for a sketch or two in August but NooooOOOOoooooo..... f'ing check engine light came on...

I might get lucky - I have a VW diesel and there are issues with the ERG etc. that are still under warranty - really hoping it's covered!!..either that or it's electrical tape time!!! (i.e. just cover the check engine light - everything sounds and runs smooth)

yipee!! covered under warranty!! - that's the good news -bad news...now I need to schedule something with the dealership (don't like dealing with them!) - but at least it isn't fatal so I can keep driving until I get the free fix - saves me about $1k!!
Post 22 IP   flag post
@KatKomics yipee.... lol....
Glad for you. Unexpected expenses are no fun.
Post 23 IP   flag post
600698 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?