Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Does Mark Bagley charge money?17839

I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
I remember him not charging but now I hear he does. planned on getting him to sign amazing spiderman #365 and get graded. but now question if i should if he charges a lot
Post 1 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Ok looked it up. I was right. he doesnt charge for first 5 ($5 after) and $10 for amazing spider-man #361-363 and venom lethal protector 1-6. So Im good. the high fee is if you submit to get graded
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
After my experience with Lou Ferrigno I have learned to double and triple confirm all stated prices. At my show, he had a stated price of 120 per item you bring, including comics, whereas the show itself posted on their site 40 dollars to sign period. He does sign his own pictures for that price, and generally personalizes. Lesson learned, double and triple verify

Dr Chaos at that time provided a warning beforehand that proved quite accurate so perhaps he may well in this event as well. He proved correct with my visit
Post 3 IP   flag post
thats what I plan. I remember him not charging anything in nov (and past years). unless the thing I read with what he does charge hasnt been updated. I will be fine. doing submissions friday at a convention. amazing spider-man #365 is only one I planned on getting signed/witnessed. if he charges a lot ($10 max for me) will just submit it. reason why not getting Romita Jr (who will also be there). have a set budget for the convention with a set ammount max for grading related
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector smeninc private msg quote post Address this user
Mark Bagley was charging $25.00 per witness signature with CGC back in 2018 at a convention. The latest CGC private signing series, the charge for Mark Bagely was $75.00 . I would expect those prices.
Post 5 IP   flag post
yeah. I double checked. I remember now. he charged for non personalized. maybe best to double check before going to cbcs. check with his table. ask....if he charges wont go through with getting it signed/witnessed. maybe still leonardi. comic is still worth getting graded even without signature.

if its not too much $5-$10 will do it. but anything a good chunk. wont. still want to get amazing spider-man #4 (first silk) and another graded. already racking up a bit

but will ask day of show. ask people waiting (maybe bagley himself) before going to cbcs table. if he doesnt charge too much....hire witness for him. if it is too much. just get it graded
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@smeninc The $75 fee included the cgc grading fees.

@power_struggle55 I do believe his fee for GRADED signatures is still about $25.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeninc
Mark Bagley was charging $25.00 per witness signature with CGC back in 2018 at a convention. The latest CGC private signing series, the charge for Mark Bagely was $75.00 . I would expect those prices.

A LOT of what you pay for a private signing with CGC goes to CGC and not to the person doing the signing. Same thing for witness signature at an event. There's a fee for the witnessing alone, on top of what ever the signer charges.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I have no room in budget for $25 (have set budget and want to grade 2 others). will ask ahead of time before going to cbcs table. looking like it will just getting graded.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@power_struggle55 You can always get the books signed at his non-witnessed rate and submit them for signature verification at a later date.

Of course you’ll end up paying more than $25 each in the end and you might prefer the ASP label over VSP but you can pay for it when the finances are more convenient
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@power_struggle55 You can always get the books signed at his non-witnessed rate and submit them for signature verification at a later date.

Of course you’ll end up paying more than $25 each in the end but you can pay for it when the finances are more convenient

yeah best to just either cough up the $25 then or get non signed. with the new spiderverse movie coming asm #365 is worth getting graded with or without a signature. but good to know for future gradings.

If I were to get a comic graded/sig authenticated would do secret wars #8 and edge of spiderverse #2 first so best to just get asm365 graded as is
Post 11 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah. Mark does absolutely charges money because I offered a table dance on his table and he said he wanted money instead.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Yeah. Mark does absolutely charges money because I offered a table dance on his table and he said he wanted money instead.

Considering the title, I was wondering who would be the first to recommend some alternate form of compensation. I had skittles in mind but table dance works too.
Post 13 IP   flag post
thanks for all the info. I wanted to double check before I paid the $5 at cbcs and got in line. I have the money but i set a budget for the convention. only a certain ammount is for cbcs. I could not do one issue but I dont feel like shelling out a good chunk of money for a signature. I do have his signatures on other stuff.

Im just going to get Amazing spider-man #365 graded with no signatures (maybe rick leonardi still if he doesnt charge. as he actually helped create spiderman 2099).

money is the problem as why I wasnt going to get Romita Jr (who will be at convention) to sign as I already knew he was charging. probably if I had room in budget and could pick one would be him.

But good to know for next year as planned on getting Amazing spider-man #360 graded and potentally signed by bagley (now I know he charges if being graded).

I could simply not grade one issue to make room in budget (or as suggested get it signed now and pay for it to get authenticated) but want to grade 3 comics (amazing spider-man #365, amazing spider-man #4 aka first silk and saban's go go power rangers #8 aka first Ranger Slayer (which is worth money and will look great with my mighty morphin power rangers #9 which was submitted back in nov)
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
You don't pay CBCS the $5 to witness until you fill out your form and return your books
Post 15 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@power_struggle55 Bagley is Bagley. He hates anything Carnage and Venom. He also will charge you more for Lethal Protector and ASM 365.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
@power_struggle55 Bagley is Bagley. He hates anything Carnage and Venom. He also will charge you more for Lethal Protector and ASM 365.

I had read he charged for #361-363 and Letal protector 1-6. But makes sense why he charges for them. Venom and Carnage are super popular. so a lot ask to get signed issues.

Looking back, yes he worked on #365 but he didnt work on the spider-man 2099 part
Post 17 IP   flag post
also decided. still get an autograph. should be getting a poster at convention for getting 3 day pass in advance. will get as much signatures on it from atendees. Claremount is there (though I think he does charge money. need to double check). I think a poster with Bagley, Latour, Roy Thomas, Claremount, etc will be cool. something I dont have to worry about getting graded

only thing close is if I get framed. But I think the poster idea is great. it expands what I can get signed especially if I dont have anything.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@power_struggle55 I meant 361. Damn it. I get those two mixed up all the time. He didn’t charge me for signing cards and toys last time I saw him, though.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
The last time I saw Mark Bagley at a con which was a few years back, he was charging $10 per sig for raw and $20 per sig for raw on certain Venom and Spidey issues(just can't remember which ones.) I was not into grading at the time so I don't how much we charged for that.
Post 20 IP   flag post
originally I was going to do cbcs first thing. But now decided to double check. I have stuff for Bagley to sign so will go to him first thing ask in passing if or what he charges. if its within budget go to cbcs and hire a witness. if it isnt. get stuff I have (non graded) and go to cbcs to submit the stuff I planned (not signed)
Post 21 IP   flag post
601492 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?