Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden AgeGrading Help Needed

Raw Grading Turnaround Time17823

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
@BillB private message sent.

Hey, hey buddy, I thought you were through with all that buyihg stuff. (lol)

@sportshort I am. It was a recommendation to get in touch with Steve B. Not to say that I couldn't be tempted to re-open the check book from time to time!

sportshort-swing and a miss!! I was sure you were trying to buy, those are amazing books.
Post 26 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@BillB If you're selling you can try this forum as well. I'm sure there would be interested parties here.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
@EbayMafia fyi...raw graded books are checked for restoration

@MutantMania you are correct, they are now. But initially the program did not include a restoration check so I think it kind of still has that Stigma for Golden Age books. A buyer would have to match up grading dates to policy change date. In this case, I think it would just be a red flag...potential buyers would wonder what was the motivation to do Raw Grade vs. slabbed for books of this caliber. It also disqualifies them from being sold at MCS consignment.
Post 28 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user

Post 29 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
@EbayMafia fyi...raw graded books are checked for restoration

@MutantMania you are correct, they are now. But initially the program did not include a restoration check so I think it kind of still has that Stigma for Golden Age books. A buyer would have to match up grading dates to policy change date. In this case, I think it would just be a red flag...potential buyers would wonder what was the motivation to do Raw Grade vs. slabbed for books of this caliber. It also disqualifies them from being sold at MCS consignment.

So you can't sell a restored book at MCS?
Post 30 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So you can't sell a restored book at MCS?

I mean that you can't consign CBCS Raw Grade books the way you can consign slabs. They will crack them open and regrade them to MCS standards.
Post 31 IP   flag post
600746 31 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?