Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Restoration and ConservationComics Silver AgeGrading Help NeededQuestions

Help with Cgc grader notes restoration.17814

I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Can someone help me please with CGC grader notes please I don’t have a subscription so I can’t look up the notes. This is a restored copy and the only thing I see is the second photo on the glove and it doesn’t even match the color on the cover. I guess this is why they have it as a Slight (B-1). If that is what they are calling restored color touch it doesn’t look that way to me what do you all think? Any help will be appreciated.

Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
If you will paste the serial number, I'll look it up.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
There you go. I couldn't read the number on my phone.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I wouldn't call that restoration either. I'd call it ink, marker, crayon, or whatever on the cover and give it the grade hit with a blue label.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you both much appreciate it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson
Total agreement. There's a difference between restoration and someone with a crayon screwing around. This looks like the latter.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I wonder how CBCS would handle this? If CBCS considers this color touch also I wonder how much it would cost to remove it so it doesn’t get restored label.

Think I should try and send it in and see what CBCS thinks?
Post 8 IP   flag post
I wouldn't try to have it removed. It would really be an eyesore then.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I have a hard time believing that is “color touch”. Maybe a victim of time? I can see why they would call it color touch and better to cover your ass given the placement over color breaks.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
I have a card time believing that is “color touch”. Maybe a victim of time? I can see why they would call it color touch and better to cover your ass given the placement over color breaks.

It could just as easily be a bit of dirt that can't be cleaned out because it's in the colour break(s). If it were a restoration - even amateur hour - surely whoever did it would at least try to match colour. This isn't even close.
Post 11 IP   flag post
601340 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?