Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Silver Age

What grade would this fetch?17788

Collector Cosmic_Surfer private msg quote post Address this user
so I was wondering what this would come back if I sent it to cbcs graded and would be qualified or restored graded? To see pic please click the little boxesπŸ™

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like only one picture loaded.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Thinking 1.5-1.8?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy1977
Looks like only one picture loaded.
shit my bad let me fix it
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
if you click on the pictures they load up.

agreed with @southerncross 1.5/1.8.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
@Cosmic_Surfer is there something going on inside that book which makes you think it'll come back with a qualified grade?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

ok even with the tape you think ?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
@Cosmic_Surfer is there something going on inside that book which makes you think it'll come back with a qualified grade?
well so I’m kinda new to grading like I’ve mainly always collect raw books and haven’t ever sent a book in but I feel like the tape maybe?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
but please lmk if it will effect your opinion will definitely be helpful πŸ™πŸ™
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_Surfer
Quote:
but please lmk if it will effect your opinion will definitely be helpful πŸ™πŸ™

I think the book looks like it's in Fair/Good (1.5). The reflection from the camera flash probably makes the tape look worse that it is. The long cover tear is going to hurt the grade just as much as the tape. The staining from the tape doesn't help it much either.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
How does the back cover look?
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Yes, even with the tape. If you grade it with CBCS there will likely be a notation on the label that states how many pieces of tape there are.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Yes, even with the tape. If you grade it with CBCS there will likely be a notation on the label that states how many pieces of tape there are.

The tape, unattractive as it is, serves a function...long as the BC is in the same general shake as the FC, without large tears, imo it's a solid blue 2.0 to 3.0 from either company.

Interior looks very solid and above average PQ.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Curious what they would be worth....
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
I'm also wondering if the right edge hasn't been trimmed given how crisp and straight it is relative to the rest of the book's edges. Always tricky to tell though.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm
I'm also wondering if the right edge hasn't been trimmed given how crisp and straight it is relative to the rest of the book's edges. Always tricky to tell though.

Excellent point. I have a book very similar in appearance to the right side of the book and I very certain it's trimmed.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
The book may not necessarily be trimmed. Try looking at the edge in question edge-on, as in looking straight at the cut edge. Is that edge where it's cut lighter than the rest of the paper? That's a sure sign that the edge has been exposed to the elements for a shorter period of time than the rest of the book, and the book has been trimmed. That's a lot of wear on the edge in that 3rd photo. I imagine that if it were trimmed it might show less. Another way to tell is how the edges of the pages look when the book is lying flat (not open to the centerspread - just flat). When the book was made, it was just sheets stacked in order with the cover, stapled, then folded. There is no trimming to make those pages meet evenly, so the pages should form a wedge at the right edge with the center pages sticking out the most and tapering down to front & back. If the pages meet evenly - no wedge - then it's possible the book has been trimmed.
Post 17 IP   flag post
601207 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?