CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS Original Art Program OAP

Original Art, Commissions, & Sketch Cover thread #317764

Collector Firegoof19 private msg quote post Address this user

Had my local artist Scott Serkland sketch this for me today
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector Skcatch private msg quote post Address this user

Kitty Pryde commissions the first one is by Joshua Menendez and the other is by Tony Kent
Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
I recently picked up this Cover B of Nightwing #114. It is the beginning of a 5 part mini-series called Fallen Grayson. I love Daniel Sampere's work and I was thrilled to get this original cover art.

Post 228 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
On "May the Fourth Be With You", one of the LCS's in my area had Drew Geraci doing commissions. I picked up this blank cover of the Absolute Power Special Edition and had him sketch Batman on the cover.

Post 229 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
Some recent sketch covers I got back from CBCS.

My commission of Triton and Lockjaw sketch cover by Criss Madd

My commission of Toyman sketch cover by Jonboy Meyers from FAN EXPO Boston 2023

Doctor Strange sketch cover by Phil Jimenez

Lieutenant Nyota Uhura (Nichelle Nichols) sketch cover by Criss Madd

Post 230 IP   flag post

Collector Doc21 private msg quote post Address this user

Forgive me as I posted this the other day as a new thread. I am new here and didn’t know. Someone was nice enough to post a possible answer (Todd James) but I was looking for other input as to whom the community might think would have done this. In the second picture, I was comparing the style of the signature to that of another possible artist. What do you guys think?
Post 231 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
LUGDUNAM, a French publication, commissioned another cover inking from Mike Royer. Here is the art for it. I hope to get a hold of the actual comic once it's published.

Post 232 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 233 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Ms Marvel commission from C2E2 by Stuart Sayger. Had to be completed after the con, came with bonus sketch 😀

Post 234 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 235 IP   flag post

May Mystery sketch from Comic art fans(CAF)#1
Kitty Pryde by Julius Abrera
Post 236 IP   flag post
Collector Danno private msg quote post Address this user
Animation cel on a print background from X-Men: The Animated Series.

Post 237 IP   flag post
Collector Danno private msg quote post Address this user
Animation drawing of Doc from the original 1937 Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs animated film.

Post 238 IP   flag post
Yusuke Urameshi from YuYu Hakuso by Eduardo Vieira

Post 239 IP   flag post
One of my sketch cover commissions from FAN EXPO Boston 20214. Hawkeye and Hercules doing a "The Seven Year Itch" moment by Tom Grummett

They agree with Marilyn, it is delicious!

Post 240 IP   flag post
My commission of Timber Wolf sketch cover by Bobby Breed from FAN EXPO Boston 2024

Post 241 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user

I picked this one up at Heros Con this past weekend.
Post 242 IP   flag post
Another piece from FAN EXPO Boston 2024 was this sketch cover of Adam Strange by Scott Ambruson that I was fortunate to get signed by both Evan "Doc" Shaner and Mitch Gerads. Didn't get a chance to snag a photo with the sigs before it got carried off to the slabbing gods! 🤣

Post 243 IP   flag post
Ok so here is another sketch cover I commissioned at FAN EXPO Boston 2024. I had the idea when I saw the artist was attending the con. So here we go. If you get it, you get it.

Eustace Bagge, Muriel Bagge and Freaky Fred decide his fate. Jeff helped with the choices here.

Courage the Cowardly Dog (after Adventure Comics #247) sketch cover by Jeff Brennan

Post 244 IP   flag post
My commission of Brother Voodoo sketch cover by Ryan Santos is from FAN EXPO Boston 2024

Post 245 IP   flag post
Collector sborock_ComicLink private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helric1
Ms Marvel commission from C2E2 by Stuart Sayger. Had to be completed after the con, came with bonus sketch 😀

Sayger is amazing! A true hobbyist! Loves our hobby and our history of it. I am very proud to call him my brother!

His art is so inventive! following and studying all the greats that had come before him, paying homage to the great artists that came before him as well. He is soooooo underrated! He is also not greedy when selling his published OA or doing a commission for his fans.

He is a true hobbyist and collects GA comics! Just a great guy!!!!!!
☮
Post 246 IP   flag post
Collector EddieTheComicGuy private msg quote post Address this user

A sketch cover I did on my lunch break about a week ago.
Post 247 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock_ComicLink
Quote:

Sayger is amazing! A true hobbyist! Loves our hobby and our history of it. I am very proud to call him my brother!

His art is so inventive! following and studying all the greats that had come before him, paying homage to the great artists that came before him as well. He is soooooo underrated! He is also not greedy when selling his published OA or doing a commission for his fans.

☮

He was great to talk to, we did talk comics for a bit.
He really takes the time to listen to what you want from a commission and explains a lot of what he's thinking before he starts. I've had completely opposite experiences with other artists so that was appreciated. And the price was reasonable. He even offers suggestions to make the cost lower if it's too high to start with. A great experience overall. His style might not be for everyone, but if it is I recommend giving him a try!
Post 248 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock_ComicLink
Quote:

☮

He was great to talk to, we did talk comics for a bit.
He really takes the time to listen to what you want from a commission and explains a lot of what he's thinking before he starts. I've had completely opposite experiences with other artists so that was appreciated. And the price was reasonable. He even offers suggestions to make the cost lower if it's too high to start with. A great experience overall. His style might not be for everyone, but if it is I recommend giving him a try!

Stuart is one of my favorite people on earth. He is a good friend and an amazing artist.
Post 249 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
Here are a few of my faves. Some established artists and a few whose names I wish I could remember.

Post 250 IP   flag post
Ok, so here is the last commission from FAN EXPO Boston 2024. Ultra Boy sketch cover by JP Buzio

Post 251 IP   flag post
@Ginosdad love the Thing sketch cover by Tone Rodriguez

Some great artists there.
Post 252 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
@Element_Lad, thank you!!! I could not for the life of me remember his name!! One of my favorites!!
Post 253 IP   flag post

Comic Art Live Mystery Sketch #2
9x12 Kitty Pryde by Moritat with concept sketches on the back
Post 254 IP   flag post
Back story on my commission of The All-New Warriors Three sketch cover by Erik Fidel.

The Warriors Three were in midst of deadly battle with the minions of Hel in Niflheim when both Fandral the Dashing and Volstagg the Lion of Asgard were mortally wounded. Hogun the Grim witnessed his companions being carried off to Valhalla by Brunnhilde and the Shield Maidens. After escaping the same fate, Hogun warily decides to continue on by himself for he has no real need for companions. The Warriors Three are done.

After years of traveling the realms by himself, Hogun realizes he does miss the camaraderie and conversation with his friends. The fighting was easier and the drinking was less lonely. Thor is off with his Avengers in Midgard. Sif and Beta Ray Bill have moved on into space itself. Balder has not been the same since Karnilla’s wedding freeing him from Hela.

Hogun decides it is time to create The All-New Warriors Three. Combing the Nine Realms, he found the perfect companions to join him. Let me be the first to introduce you to:

Hogun the Grim

Obélix

Astérix the Gaul

The All-New Warriors Three. Let their adventures begin, bring forth much tales to be told and glories in battles to be sung in the Halls of Valhalla itself. Odin be praised.

"These Asgardians are crazy!" - Obélix

Post 255 IP   flag post
611390 265 30