Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help NeededQuestions

How do I disperse my Packing Slips?17757

Collector JMSComics private msg quote post Address this user
I am packing 22 comics to be graded. When I printed my packing slip papers though, the lists appear cut off on the bottom of a page and continued on the top of next page. In the online instruction video, it shows to put the packing slip with the comics in order that the slip's list shows... so do I cut off the bottom of the paper and tape it to the top of the other paper where the list continues?
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like you should try the cgc forum.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

I tried, but I couldn't figure out how. Each time I sign into the forum page as it requests, it reverts me back to the main CGC home website where I'm signed in. However, after clicking the "Chat Boards" option, i'm back to where I started again: not signed in.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
no option to print to file (i.e. PDF) then adjust page breaks there?
Post 4 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe im missing something but I think you are giving this way too much thought. Put the books in the order listed and if they feel you did it incorrectly they will rectify your placement. They say it will delay your entry into their system. By what 3 minutes max? They are not going to penalize you for an error. They can't charge you anymore than you authorized on your credit card. They are in theory video taped so it is not like they are going to smash your books.

Edit

I'm assuming everything is going yo be shipped in tbe same box that is.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@flanders I’d sure like to the responses on that forum if the situation were reversed. I agree, CBCS forum is incredibly accommodating but too much humility by the smaller dog is like rolling over and surrendering your neck. Not a good look.
Post 6 IP   flag post

Thanks for the help
Post 7 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSComics
I am packing 22 comics to be graded. When I printed my packing slip papers though, the lists appear cut off on the bottom of a page and continued on the top of next page. In the online instruction video, it shows to put the packing slip with the comics in order that the slip's list shows... so do I cut off the bottom of the paper and tape it to the top of the other paper where the list continues?

I usually print double-sided so the packing list just continues on the other side of the page. Never had a problem with it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Some @Bronte words of wisdom to get down to the crux of the issue. It is not that big a deal and as long as the books submitted are all included on however many sheets printed out they will figure it out. I would bet my most prized book they get worse delivered to them every day.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Thanks for the help

Looks like you have done a great job IDing your books in the order. I would not sweat it. CGC’s customer service is much Better than CBCSes’ so if you have a concern I am sure you will be able to reach someone.
Post 10 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Customer service may be better, but it's far from perfect. I'm still waiting for an email from early to middle of last week.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Customer service may be better, but it's far from perfect. I'm still waiting for an email from early to middle of last week.

4 weeks and counting in the latest delay that started 7 months ago; Nothing resolved.
Post 12 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
I've never seen anything like that, with all the different tiers on a single order.

When I print out a submission, it usually fits on a single sheet. But I am submitting all of 1 tier, usually like 25 moderns, and then complete the submission. More comics, I start another submission, and usually try to keep to groups of 25.

They will only take 25 in a tier per submission, so if you list 30 Moderns, for example, you will get 25 assigned one submission number, the next 5 a different submission number. That creates 2 separate boxes coming back, so I do 25 per submission so I am not paying almost the same freight for 5 comics coming back as the first 25.

Basically I am saying if you have a variety of quantities in different tiers, you might as well separate them yourself into different submissions. CGC is going to do that anyway, but your work will have a cleaner look going in, all organized, if you do that proactively. All the different tiers will ship separately to you, no control of that. But you can send a variety of tiers to CGC in one box.
Post 13 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I tried, but I couldn't figure out how. Each time I sign into the forum page as it requests, it reverts me back to the main CGC home website where I'm signed in. However, after clicking the "Chat Boards" option, i'm back to where I started again: not signed in.

On whatever page you show as signed in... sign out. Then sign back in and you're good. It's a well known glitch in the CGC site.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector caleb1138 private msg quote post Address this user
Two things to consider:
1 - Sending multiple tiers in the same order means the time frame for all will be at the slowest tier.
2 - CGC charges a fee if the books aren't in the same order as the packing slip.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@caleb1138

I believe you are mistaken on tbe first one. I send multiple tiers all the time. They get separated hence the 5 dollar extra fee for every separate tier. As far as i know only cbcs ships everything on the slowest of the order.

As for the second one, I don't see how they can charge you more as it's not stated in their policy. They only say it can delay processing your books. Besides you set the amount to be charged on your credit card when you fill out the form. They can't just start adding costs to the bill at will. (With the exception of exceeding the value you stated your books are worth. But that is because you have to check an agreement when submitting)

Edit

Here is cut and paste of my latest submission

Package your magazines in the order in which they appear on the packing list, NOT THE ORDER IN WHICH YOU ENTERED THEM. Failure to do so will result in delays.
Post 16 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte is correct
@caleb1138 is incorrect (sorry)

But the easy thing is to just do separate submissions for each tier, eliminating complications.
Post 17 IP   flag post

Does it usually cost this much? (Includes some fast track modern, some regular track moder, some fast track silver age, some regular track silver age)
Post 18 IP   flag post
I have no idea if it's normal, but I subscribed to Collectinsure insurance. They cover insurance on your books if it is shipped a specific way. Say fedex and signature confirmation. It is going to cost a few hundred bucks for coverage but it should cover your insurance issue to and from the graders. Plus your covered for theft and other possible issues if it's in your home....
Post 19 IP   flag post
The costs are itemized on your submission as you input the comics, and on your printout. Shouldn't be a surprise what the total is, unless it is higher than you expected due to return shipping. That's $202 for your order it appears, almost 20% of the cost.

All of those tiers get broken down into separate shipments. They have a page on the CGC website where it defines what the shipping charges are. It's Registered Mail, not cheap.

Quote:
Includes some fast track modern, some regular track moder, some fast track silver age, some regular track silver age)

Your quoted comment above will result in at least 4 different shipments. They don't send anything together. And if there is pressing involved for some, not others, that can create even more submissions/shipments. Each submission carries a $5 admin charge. Plus smaller shipments cost a lot more than if combined. Fast Track can raise your costs by 50% to 100%. Fast Track pressing for modern is $30, regular speed $15, for example.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@chester15

I guess I got lucky with my first submission then. Because they were ordered the same way with the same variety but all came back in 3 packages on the same day as the fast track moderns (e.g. Going to the post office and retrieving the 3 boxes into my hands all at once).
Post 21 IP   flag post
@JMSComics

Yes, you got lucky in one way, that they sent them all at the same time. Noting, though, that you say you are getting 3 packages, which are all separate shipments, separate shipping charges, just sent at the same time.

Quote:
they were ordered the same way with the same variety but all came back in 3 packages on the same day as the fast track moderns.

Which begs the question: Did they hurry your non Fast Track submissions along to be able to send at the same time as the Fast Tracks, or did they delay your Fast Tracks to be able to send them at the same time as the slower submissions? If they held the Fast Tracks, you paid extra for no reason.

They did that to me once. I fast-tracked 3 Venom LP 1 Gold editions to take advantage of the movie hype at the time, and they held them to go with another order (which they claim they won't do, never do, even if you beg them). By the time they got here, I lost $100 per book in market value. Paid more and got punished for it.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Does it usually cost this much?

Why don't you create a submission for the same books with CBCS and see what the price difference is?
Post 23 IP   flag post
597870 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?