Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Any info on this? Production cel?17747

Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user

Found a guy who has a bunch of what look like production cels used in the printing process. Anyone have any knowledge about what it might be? This one happens to be from avengers annual 10 page 5, and price on it is 35 bucks currently - he has a bunch of others though from both DC and Marvel. Doesnt seem like a huge collector so it may be possible its legit and he just has no idea of the relevance?
Post 1 IP   flag post

Picture without them overlayed.
Post 2 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
It's kinda interesting, but to be honest I don't think it's worth much. I've made copies of transparencies before. it's certainly possible it's authentic but it's no where near as unique as original art.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few of those pieces. I don’t believe they are worth much because they are easily reproduced. There is a seller on eBay named leadpink that sells them. He calls them “rare” and “one of a kind”. This is a lie.

They are kind of fun, but don’t pay too much for them.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Here are a few of the pieces I have:

Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks for the info. He also has color charts which do look to be legit, but none of any books I'd be interested in probably
Post 6 IP   flag post
They make for nice display pieces and fit nicely into 8 1/2 x 11 frames (I think). 😊
Post 7 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Ive done business with this company before.

https://animationlegends.com/

Not sure if they still have them, but they had a large group (about 100) signed Back to the Future cartoon production cells signed by Christopher Lloyd and Michael J Fox for $150 each.

Production cells are hit or miss when it comes to value. But like all art, buy what you like and you'll never go wrong.
Post 8 IP   flag post
600638 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?