Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Anyone going to Heroes Con in Charlotte17742

Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user
I picked mine up as well really nice print to get signed.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
not often you see an official drawing featuring both a marvel and dc character. but cool. I am debating do I get all attendees to sign it or just him (or anyone there who worked on thor and the new gods)
Post 27 IP   flag post
Don't know what Simonson charges for autographs but I will get that signed as well as my Thor 337.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Sweet. Not getting my tickets till tomorrow am.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Get there early. There will be a line for tickets and to get on the con floor.
Post 30 IP   flag post

I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
Sweet. Not getting my tickets till tomorrow am.

when I was there the floor where they have it. just had the tables set up with very litte on them (maybe a box or two)...saw then from the big window near esculator

been going every year (except for last 2 years unless you count mini one in nov) since maybe 07. I consider this my vacation every year. would normally bring $120 for the weekend ($40 each day)...sometimes more if I know in advance will need it. This year will be around $220 with same budget per day ($20 a day for old cheap issues, $20 for newer, $20 for collectables and $20 for whatever) but will be submitting 3 comics to cbcs (ikely first thing I do to get it out of the way)
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldchyld
Get there early. There will be a line for tickets and to get on the con floor.

yeah. I usually get there a hour before the advance are let in. show starts at 11pm. we will be let in around 10:30. so plan on getting there around 9:30
Post 32 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldchyld
Don't know what Simonson charges for autographs but I will get that signed as well as my Thor 337.

I don't think Walt will be charging.
Post 33 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Got my vendor pass and even bought about a dozen books earlier today.

Also, My Comic Shop came to my hotel to pick up the slabs I brought for them.

Plan to get there early tomorrow.
Post 34 IP   flag post
all set for the the weekend. rolling suitcase filled. money for each day set aside.

if curious Ill be wearing a squid games t-shirt with the guards.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
My Comic Shop came to my hotel to pick up the slabs I brought for them.

@drchaos Must be some pretty significant slabs. Did you at least offer them something from the mini-bar?
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

@drchaos Must be some pretty significant slabs. Did you at least offer them something from the mini-bar?

They got my best books.

214 books worth over $100K.

They also got a check for my latest auction winnings.

I was looking forward to meeting Conan in person but he wasn't able to make the trip this time.

He said he was planning on going to Baltimore this year so we will meet up soon.
Post 37 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

They got my best books.

214 books worth over $100K.

They also got a check for my latest auction winnings.

I was looking forward to meeting Conan in person but he wasn't able to make the trip this time.

He said he was planning on going to Baltimore this year so we will meet up soon.

I think MCS should have brought something for @drchaos instead.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Just got back from day 1:
with buys and freebies. Got 27 comics:
Amazing spider-man #88
Amazing spider-man #1 (current run)
5 out of 6 issues of The Boys: Dear Becky (need #1)
3 Batman comics (newer)
2 dc rebirth superman comics
2 symboite spiderman
4 rick and morty comics
Harley/Ivy meet Betty/Veronica
2 Justice League comics (new)
3 new captain americas
a runaways
x-men children of the atom issue

I think best steal as it was a freebie. A copy of I think vol 17 of Dragon Ball Z (local library gave had it for free)

also submitted a few at cbcs
Post 39 IP   flag post
Today was autograph day. Tomorrow will be comic shopping.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Today got lots of autographs from Walt Simonson, Louise Simonson, Charles Vess, June Brigman, Jim Steranko, Chris Claremont, Jonathan Hickman, Ron Feenz, Nick Dragotta, Carl Potts, and Laura Martin.

I also got remarks from Walt Siminson, Joe Benitez, Jeremy Bastain, and Erik Klaus.

Tomorrow will be all about the ton of books I want to get Roy Thomas to sign.
Post 41 IP   flag post
tomorrow will do a chunk of my signatures. Today rought around $130 cash and $25 in paypal.. Majority went to submitting Amazing spider-man #385 (I chose not to get it signed by Bagley and Leonardi), Amazing spiderman #4 aka first silk and a power rangers comic to CBCS ($106 total...most Ive eveer spent on anything at convention).

also bought a power rangers figure for collection (was hoping for something older but didnt find any so got a Lightning collection figure of Psycho Blue)

most I spent for a comic was $9 or $10 for amazing spiderman 88 (was $10, also got a $7...but paid $15 for 2)

budget for sat and sunday is $40 each day for signatures (might do one skottie young as he now charges $5 a sig now when he was free prior) or new comics, etc
Post 42 IP   flag post
Picked these up yesterday. The wolverine was a Clairmont exclusive.

Post 43 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
One of these days I am going to attend another con. I actually haven’t been to a comic related con since Michael Golden signed my Marvel Fanfare when it was published. Been wanting to go to one for 4 years. But, my schedule almost always conflicts. Crazy thing is, both the cons out here in SoCal that I was going to got in 2020 & 2021 got canceled.

One day…
Post 44 IP   flag post
Con experience unfortunately ended early. Looking forward to the next one.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Picked these up this morning.

Post 46 IP   flag post
just got back from day 2. Bought (and got some for free) 35 comics. a lot of somewhat recent issues Ive been needing to buy (and in dollar bins)

but best buy was paid $20 for a poster of Rogue signed by Michael Golden (co-creator) which in turn got me a raffel ticket to win a another poster...sure enough first raffle of the day....won. chose a poster of Black Krrsantan (star wars)

I could go to chris claremount to sign Rogue poster as well but already spent my "if I have to pay for a signature" budget. he has gone to the convention before...so hopefully next time
Post 47 IP   flag post
tomorrow will be get any signatures if I didnt yet (if I can with some). same budget as today. Might pull the trigger (if I can find the seller again and if they still have the first appearance of Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle).
Post 48 IP   flag post
Finally got my Thor 337 signed and at the CBCS booth. No More comics to get signed. Tomorrow a few sketch covers to pick up and then hunt for some x-men books. What a weekend so far.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Busy day for signatures.

Had entire short boxes signed by Matt Kindt, Joseph Linsner, and Roy Thomas.

Got some other signatures as well.

Getting some pizza before heading back to my hotel to rest and regroup for tomorrow.
Post 50 IP   flag post
so far bought (or got for free)
-63 comics (most spent was $10 for amazing spider-man #88 aka goblin queen)
-2 mangas
-poster of rogue signed by co-creator Michael Golden
-post of Black Krrsantan signed by Michael Golden
-Lightning collection Blue Psycho power ranger figure
-Dennis the Menace print signed by Marcus Hamilton (features mr wilson in a spiderman costume)
-a Cul De Sac print

got several autographs especially for my cul de sac tribute to creator Richard Thompson book (a bunch of artists doing their intetuptation of the strip)
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Got free tix so did a quick lap around the floor didn’t buy much but saw this cool item might be the only one in existence a flyer to the first ever Nirvana show that Cobain had printed. Dude said for authentication it will be scrubbed for DNA.

Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
If you want a good breakfast before the show check out the Original Pancake House
Post 53 IP   flag post
Think I am going to hit the breakfast bar at the Hampton Inn.
Post 54 IP   flag post
back. got around 30 comics today (mostly random) but oh boy. pulled the trigger on spending what I think was a steal. As mentioned I was going to look for Infinite Crisis #3 (first appearance of Jamie Reyes). found a seller who had it for $20 but he advised me to try and get #5 instead (his first appearance as Blue Beetle). He had #3 but not #5. I said I might come back for #3 if I cant find #5.

ended up buying a combo pack with all 7 issues (and conclusion issue) for $25 which came with Jim Lee cover for #5 which is the sought after as it has Blue Beetle front and center. I think that was a huge bargain (seller was asking $30. Offered $20...he countered with $25. agreed)

I felt I had to as with the movie in pre-production. Now is the time to invest in issue

But got weekend:
97 comics
2 mangas
several autographs
signed poster of rogue by her co-creator (which won a raffle from him for another poster)
lightning collection Blue Psycho Power Ranger figure
went to 3 panals (Skottie Young & Hickman panal, panal on famous movie/tv cars and their merchandising and the spiderman panal
Post 55 IP   flag post
600891 62 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?