Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Anyone going to Heroes Con in Charlotte17742

I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Its only a few weeks away after no shows for 2 years (unless you count the giant sized mini con in nov which most dont count). I am psyched. Been going ever year (of course with the exception of last 2 years) since I started to read comics again.

My budget usually has been $120 ($40 each day for older cheap comics, newer releases, toys for colelction and anything else that would cost money like autographs). This year budget is closer to $200 since plan on getting a few comics graded, one of which will pay the $5 for a witness (my amazing spider-man #365 as Bagley, Deflaco and Leonardi will be there. would get romita jr but he charges $20)

got my 3 day pass in advance (had it since before pandemic) so will take advantage of 30 min early let in (past would get first in line for someone popular or the scope out the floor...this year take care of cbcs first. since ive never done it at that convention so want to save time.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll be there.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user
I will be there. I have been every year since 94. It's one of the best Cons in the eastern United States.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Going for the first time.

Driving down from New Jersey to get a ton of signatures.

Have a vendor pass lined up so I will be there Thursday through Sunday.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector radd76 private msg quote post Address this user
I may go… bit of a drive for me but I have a friend that lives there-

I lived there in 2005 and 2006- went to one those years and it was great!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Going for the first time.

Driving down from New Jersey to get a ton of signatures.

Have a vendor pass lined up so I will be there Thursday through Sunday.

worth it. great convention. Romita Jr, Skottie Young, Hickman, Roy Thomas, Jason Aaron will be there
Post 6 IP   flag post
SozoMaika will be there too based on the attendee list.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Im always checking the guest list seeing anymore additions. so far most of the regulars are returning
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector MyComicShop private msg quote post Address this user
I (Conan) will be there. Steve Borock won't be at this show due to schedule conflicts for him. We'll have a booth and will be accepting consignment drop-offs of any slabbed books you'd like to consign. Please feel free to stop by and say hi!
Post 9 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyComicShop
I (Conan) will be there. Steve Borock won't be at this show due to schedule conflicts for him. We'll have a booth and will be accepting consignment drop-offs of any slabbed books you'd like to consign. Please feel free to stop by and say hi!

See you there!
Post 10 IP   flag post
yeah saw mycomicshop/lone star will be there. sad to see my favorite shop who are usually there havent been announced
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector radd76 private msg quote post Address this user
@MyComicShop COOL! If I make it I’ll stop by your booth

Haven’t seen you since the 2020 CBCS Grading Expo!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

See you there!

Here comes @drchaos with his U-Haul truck 😂
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Quote:
Quote:

See you there!

Here comes @drchaos with his U-Haul truck 😂

No, just whatever I can squeeze into my SUV.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I use a rolling suit case. Live a 20 min walk from convention center. so just bring what I want for the day
Post 15 IP   flag post
Dropping off roughly 200 slabs with My Comic Shop the day before the show starts.

Still going through several short boxes of books to get organized for signings.

Usually Roy Thomas does ten signatures and lets people get back on the end of the line.

So far I have roughly 70-80 books for him.

If you want to find me on Saturday you know where I am going to be spending a lot of time.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
just moved to Charlotte this week...and just found out about the convention about 30 mins ago when I stopped in the Heroes comic shop to check it out. So...I will be there
Post 17 IP   flag post
Leaving New Jersey before dawn tomorrow.

Will drive about two thirds of the way before I find a hotel for he night.

Should be in Charlotte Thursday morning.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
just moved to Charlotte this week...and just found out about the convention about 30 mins ago when I stopped in the Heroes comic shop to check it out. So...I will be there
Quote:

good comic shop. Heres arent hard to find (I assume the shop you are talking about). Run it. First one since covid (unless you count the small one they did in nov)

its not too late. Buy your 3 day pass online now (if you were doing all 3 days). you get in 30 min early and free swag (a badge and a poster which I sometimes just use to get artists/writers to sign if I dont have anything to bring)

If not. warning. when you go. there will be two lines to get in (unless you show up after it starts). One line is for people with 1 day or regular 3 day passes. The other is for people who bought in advance. those are let in 30 min early.

Heroes con was the birthplace of Skottie Young's baby variants. He had worked on x-babies and was asked to do the badges for certain guests of x-babies. They became popular and being sold online. Marvel asked him to do variants of simular nature....rest is historu
Post 19 IP   flag post
I haven’t decided which day to wear it but I’ll wear my Achmed the dead terrorist tshirt from Jeff Dunhams show.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I will be driving down to Charlotte on Thursday. You can pick up your advanced tickets at the convention center on Thurs so you don't have to wait until Friday. It should be a fun weekend.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
Quote:
Quote:

good comic shop. Heres arent hard to find (I assume the shop you are talking about). Run it. First one since covid (unless you count the small one they did in nov)

its not too late. Buy your 3 day pass online now (if you were doing all 3 days). you get in 30 min early and free swag (a badge and a poster which I sometimes just use to get artists/writers to sign if I dont have anything to bring)

If not. warning. when you go. there will be two lines to get in (unless you show up after it starts). One line is for people with 1 day or regular 3 day passes. The other is for people who bought in advance. those are let in 30 min early.

Heroes con was the birthplace of Skottie Young's baby variants. He had worked on x-babies and was asked to do the badges for certain guests of x-babies. They became popular and being sold online. Marvel asked him to do variants of simular nature....rest is historu[/quote

Awesome! I didn't know any of this so thanks . yes, that was the shop I found
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldchyld
I will be driving down to Charlotte on Thursday. You can pick up your advanced tickets at the convention center on Thurs so you don't have to wait until Friday. It should be a fun weekend.

Yeah know. Will pick my pass Thursday
Post 23 IP   flag post
I was hoping to be on the road a couple hours ago but I now have the car loaded up and will leave in the next few minutes.

About nine hours of driving to get to Charlotte.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Picked up my advance 3 day pass. This years poster for those who got their ticket early is cool. Done by Walt simonson who will be there
Post 25 IP   flag post
I picked mine up as well really nice print to get signed.
Post 26 IP   flag post
not often you see an official drawing featuring both a marvel and dc character. but cool. I am debating do I get all attendees to sign it or just him (or anyone there who worked on thor and the new gods)
Post 27 IP   flag post
Don't know what Simonson charges for autographs but I will get that signed as well as my Thor 337.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Sweet. Not getting my tickets till tomorrow am.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Get there early. There will be a line for tickets and to get on the con floor.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600792 62 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?