Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

The NEW CBCS Label is LIVE!1774

Collector leesoul21 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks great! Truly cool move listening to the community too.
Post 26 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyComix
Love it, looks awsome. Cant wait to get my books back and have these labels. @SteveRicketts When are we expecting these labels to start shipping out?

Probably by the end of the week.
Anything that goes into slab starting tomorrow morning will have the new label. We flipped the switch to turn them on when we walked out at the end of the day today.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Incidentally, guys. I just want to say that the labels look nice in the pictures and video, but just wait until you get them in your hands. They're incredible.

When the labels were delivered to us from the printer, the collective comment through the office was "WOW!"

I can't wait for these to start getting into your mailbox. They'll blow you away.
Post 28 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Incidentally, guys. I just want to say that the labels look nice in the pictures and video, but just wait until you get them in your hands. They're incredible.

When the labels were delivered to us from the printer, the collective comment through the office was "WOW!"

I can't wait for these to start getting into your mailbox. They'll blow you away.

Along with the integrity and transparency of your company, it's your communication and listening to your client base that sets you guys apart from your competitors. Well done!!!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Bruticus private msg quote post Address this user
Alot better than the old one.
Great job CBCS.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Very nice.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
This is kick-ass. Gorgeous. The new design honors the rivet-free old label yet gives a sleek, modern look.

Bravo, CBCS.
Post 32 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

Anyone else notice these two key things?
1. From what I can see, the bottom of the label does not look like it was ripped off a sheet (perforated)
2. the entire label looks like it was custom made for each book rather than a generic template with items added to it

Cant wait to see them in person, they look MUCH more professional!
Post 33 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Good Job on the new label. It looks clean and professional.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Anyone else notice these two key things?
1. From what I can see, the bottom of the label does not look like it was ripped off a sheet (perforated)
2. the entire label looks like it was custom made for each book rather than a generic template with items added to it

Cant wait to see them in person, they look MUCH more professional!

The labels are perforated, but we went with a nicer paper stock and a finer perforation, so it's not as noticeable.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector reggieb private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder if there is going to be a backup in the shipping department from all the orders that were being held for this label.

Can't wait to get mine!
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Love it!
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector press_the_issue private msg quote post Address this user
YESSSSSAH!!! I'm so glad they premiered. Looks sharp. Simple and sleek. Very displayable, it doesn't take away from the actual encased book. Love the holofoil logo!! Font is great, easily readable. This is the year for CBCS!!
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by press_the_issue
This is the year for CBCS!!

You have no idea, brother.
Fasten your safety belts and place your tray tables in the upright and locked position.
Post 39 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Just wanted to add the new CBCS home page looks pretty sharp too.
Post 40 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my take on the new label.

New logo: 9.4
Colors: 9.0
Grade font: 7.5
Small print details: 7.0
General layout and aesthetic: 8.0 (too much info crowded too close to the grade, looks cluttered)
Overall grade: 8.0-8.5

Looks much better than the rivet label, cleaner and less busy. Looks like it will be a good fit with books across any age group: gold, silver, bronze, copper and modern.

Really a good job. Thank you for listening to your clientele and fan base to make these changes. It shows you are willing and trying to connect to make the hobby a great community for all of us to be in. I'm sure we all appreciate your efforts and the good will you have demonstrated will go a long way toward building your brand and serving your customers.
Once again, thank you!
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector evaluate private msg quote post Address this user
Loving the new look so far. Looking forward to seeing it in person.
Post 42 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user

Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego where you been?!? Hiding until new label was revealed?!?
Post 44 IP   flag post
Hiding yeah, I had to seek assylum in Russia over some trumped up hacking charges.

Nah, I just have been dealing with the real world the last few months and comics fell off the front burner.
Post 45 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure if the change was made because of the new label but I'm sad to hear that the convention where a book was signed will no longer be added to ASP labels. I dunno why but I always thought that was a neat thing to know about the book and I'm sad to see it go
Post 46 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I wonder if that might be a Trademark issue with the cons?
Post 47 IP   flag post
@DarthLego If they were using the logo or something I'd be more inclined to think that but it seems like just saying that was where the book was signed should be fine.

I wonder, if I crack a previously signed book that does state the location, and I get more sigs and resubmit, will all the signature locations be omitted from the new label?
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Who's said that they are removing the event were the signature was obtained? That is no bueno!
Post 49 IP   flag post
I contacted customer service when I saw some sigs on an upcoming book had no event listed and I got the following response:Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS Customer Service
Thank you for contacting CBCS. We actually no longer put the locations on our labels for signature series books.
Post 50 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@SpiderTim and @dielinfinite - When I got this today, I was happy with the new label, but disappointed to see no mention of RI Comic Con.

Post 51 IP   flag post
Perhaps @SteveRicketts will chime in and tell us why the change?
Post 52 IP   flag post
@esaravo Hmmm, I'm not a big fan of the new wording "Witnessed Sig:" since it seems a bit redundant with the Yellow Label which itself means the signatures are witnessed.
Post 53 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite The new label doesn't say Authentic Signature Series on top, so that's probably why. They have to consider that customers who don't know what the color code means could be looking at the slab in a shop or at a con.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
The new label doesn't say Authentic Signature Series on top, so that's probably why. They have to consider that customers who don't know what the color code means could be looking at the slab in a shop or at a con.

This is correct. The verbiage is no longer at the top of the label, but even when it was it wasn't easy to understand for our customers who are newer to collecting CBCS graded comics.

When we launched the new label, we wanted to eliminate any confusion associated with signatures on the book, and make it easier to understand the differences in them. We chose to go with new, easier to understand verbiage on the signature lines. Going forward "Witnessed Sigs:" will proceed all signatures that were witnessed, and "Verified Sigs"" will proceed all signatures that have been authenticated.

This actually solves a few problems for us. It makes it easy to understand, and it allows us to get more text into those lines, which is very much needed when doing books with multiple signatures.

As for the removal of the location; we've been wanting to do this for quite a while and the formatting change allowed us a chance to do it. The reasoning is this, locations, especially multiple location, takes up a lot of room on the signature information lines. It is also a time consuming effort for us to research the locations, dates of the locations, spelling of the locations, is it "Comic Con," "Comicon," "ComiCon," etc. Over the course of a year we spend a LOT of time with the location text. Time that could be better spent grading and encapsulating more books to help get the turnaround times faster.

We realize they are cool to have, but they really are a lot of work for us to maintain and keep consistent.
Post 55 IP   flag post
601280 68 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?