Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user

Justwatching you tube and this poped up. New labels are coming out.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
Looks fantastic to me - I have a number of books in the queue, I hope they come back with these great new labels.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Well i have book being delerved tomarow. I hope they will have the new labels.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
I still like this one better.

Post 4 IP   flag post
@The_Curmudgeon i will not disagree that the original label was probably the best label that CBCS will have, but with that said CBCS has done a wounderful job in creating a label that is with in good taste. CBCS did listen to the people to creat a wounderful product. Now each of us do have our own quirks and we will never satisfy the the few that will reject some parts of the label. I beleve that this new label do reflect the future of what Grading companies will have to offer for their products.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector b00ch private msg quote post Address this user
What is the cut off date?
Post 6 IP   flag post
I asked Steve what the cut off was on the official CBCS thread. But have had no answer yet.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
"The new CBCS label goes into production on January 4th. Any order that enters slab production on, or after, that date will get the new CBCS label. Orders in-house that were already slabbed prior to January 4th have the prior CBCS label."

That's from Steve's post on the new label thread.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Darn, i wount have it. But i am shipping out more books this week. So excited.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I have some on the way and about to send a few. What do yall think about sending one if these covers out. Give me some input.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Im a big wolverine fan but that Vamp looks cool also.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Send the Dawn.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I do have 2
Post 13 IP   flag post
Dawn it is. Its in great shape and could be a 9.8. No dents ,flat and no color break on spin
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@comicsforme
I have the Dawn- love it and getting ready to send mine in

I'd go with the Dawn with Vampirella a close second.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
I was just looking at my 1/2 Dawn....sadly 8.5
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon
I still like this one better.

Yes, I like that one much better also!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
This label is way better. I love it. Now I'm a little irritated that all my books are riveting. Figures.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector cjbehr948 private msg quote post Address this user
I personally like the current label. #UnpopularOpinion
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
while the old label was cool, I actually like the newest label the best.....my opinion of course
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector KenWorthing private msg quote post Address this user
Love the new label, miles better than the rivet-era labels .. and actually better than the original pale-blue-on-everything era label
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyComix
@The_Curmudgeon i will not disagree that the original label was probably the best label that CBCS will have, but with that said CBCS has done a wounderful job in creating a label that is with in good taste. CBCS did listen to the people to creat a wounderful product. Now each of us do have our own quirks and we will never satisfy the the few that will reject some parts of the label. I beleve that this new label do reflect the future of what Grading companies will have to offer for their products.

How was the old label in bad taste? lol Did it have pics of half naked people on it? Was it insensitive to a demographic?

That being said, the new label is a definite improvement over the amateurish looking previous one
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkfro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyComix

How was the old label in bad taste? lol Did it have pics of half naked people on it? Was it insensitive to a demographic?

That being said, the new label is a definite improvement over the amateurish looking previous one

The rivet label was generally recognised as tacky, outdated and ugly. This is consistent with bad taste.

The new, new one is good. I imagine the guys at CBCS were very disappointed by the reaction to the rivet label, but they learned how to listen and I trust we will see more of what we want in future.
Post 23 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
I think the rivet label looked good on moderns, especially on books from the last 10-15 years or so, but just didn't mesh well with older books. The new label seems to look good on books of all ages.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
I think some people don't understand what is meant by something being in "bad taste". The previous label was a lot of things but it was not in bad taste. Oh well, maybe it's a language/cultural thing.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector NewComics private msg quote post Address this user
Peter Jackson's first movie!

Post 26 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone get a slab with that new label yet? Still pretty early in its circulation.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Got these from FedEx today. The new labels look so much better than the rivets! Had these signed at RI Comic Con in December. They were my first trial for pressing.

I thought the ASM 121 was a 6.0 before pressing and hoped that it would improve by a half point to maybe one point. Guess what? It's still a 6.0.

Post 28 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The second comic is a Thor 126, the first issue with that title. I thought it was a 7.0 or even 7.5 before pressing, and hoped for an 8.0 after pressing. Guess what? It's a 6.5. So much for the notion that SA books get preferential grading compared to newer books. It is one of the nicest 6.5 SA book that I have seen (IMO).

Post 29 IP   flag post
So much of a cleaner look. I am pleased with it.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601572 51 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?