Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just back from CBCS after a year.

Only mild disappointment was the Wolverine Vol. 2, #1. But it was a cheap flea market buy, so I can’t complain too much.

The Spawn #1 was a pleasant surprise.

Post 151 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
@Jesse_O if you enjoy that you should also take a look at Mythology. It's his DC equivalent book.

I plan on it!!! This is actually the first comic art book that I've bought. I've been meaning to buy this one for years!! I have about 20 more comic art books that I want. I'm planning on buying one a month for a while. Next month, I'm pretty sure I'll be pre-ordering and receiving the new Frazetta book. I thought I could maybe find a cheap, used Frazetta art book. Boy was I wrong!!! There is no such thing as a cheap, used, Frazetta art book!!! LOL
Post 152 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
My first endeavor into buying concert posters.

Here is one of the most popular designs from the Avalon series. The handbill was designed by poster legends Alton Kelley and Stanley Mouse. It features the famous Frankenstein image and Grateful Dead has been erroneously misspelled as well!

1968 BG-105 Jimi Hendrix Griffin Signed RP2 Poster CGC4.5
This poster is signed by the artist, Rick Griffin.

Post 153 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster Those posters are awesome.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
First appearance of Element Girl

Post 155 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
A little lower grade than I prefer but tough to find slabbed....6.5 is respectable....and White pages.

Post 156 IP   flag post
Jack Kirby's portrait of Michael Jackson...
Post 157 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 158 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
In thinking about more affordable ways of collecting, I've started a small Magazine collection but also a small collection of Annuals...particularly #1's. Picked up these 3 #1's from MCS, each one under $30. I think they will go on the spinner rack that I hope to own one day.

Post 159 IP   flag post
One more Metamorpho

Post 160 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@obrie2tm nice, I don't have a Diamond run pedigree book in my collection.
Post 161 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm
One more Metamorpho

Nice book!
Post 162 IP   flag post
@southerncross I was reading up on it and apparently it has been removed as a recognized pedigree as of 2007.

"Due to findings in 2007, CGC decided to remove the Diamond Run from its status as a pedigree collection. It was decided that there were too many restored books, as well as too many books that were not original owner purchases. While CGC cannot alter books not in its possession, if Diamond Run books are resubmitted the Diamond Run designation will be removed."

http://www.comicpressing.com/blog/diamond-run-pedigree-collection-
Post 163 IP   flag post
Well, my second art book showed up today!! The covers on the original Sandman series always impress me. So, when I saw an used. like new, copy of this book on Amazon, I had to have it also. This book collects all the covers from the original series!! I tried to photograph a two page spread as an example of the format. I like how it's laid out.

Post 164 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Just some random comics to show on a random comic forum.

Post 165 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
My Weekly soaps didn't get me much for collectin.

Post 166 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

worked out a deal for the first appearance of Dr Fate, this has been a personal grail of mine. Yes it's married cover and missing the centerfold but very very happy to add this to the pc.
Post 167 IP   flag post
That is so cool! I would have no problem with a grail like this having a married cover. I'd try to find a loose centerspread, too! Where's the harm?
Post 168 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Had to come back home for a couple days so I started in on the collection I picked up. This is just the random stuff from the first box. A lot of the FCBD stuff about 60 books. Another 20 boxes to go through

Post 169 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd yup, already hunting for a centerfold. Not too many copies out there but hopefully one pops up
Post 170 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

worked out a deal for the first appearance of Dr Fate, this has been a personal grail of mine. Yes it's married cover and missing the centerfold but very very happy to add this to the pc.

Whoa!!! Nice!!!
Post 171 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 172 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Byrdibyrd yup, already hunting for a centerfold. Not too many copies out there but hopefully one pops up

Good luck! Really hope that pans out.
Post 173 IP   flag post
@Batman66 Amazing pick-up! I saw that Facebook ad as well. Fantastic book to have in any condition! Congratulations!
Post 174 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

... and that Spectre cover is BAD-ASS!!
Post 175 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
... and that Spectre cover is BAD-ASS!!

Yeah it is! Awesome Baily art.
Post 176 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
This one wasn’t on my list or anything but I’ve always loved this cover & the seller was offering it for too cheap for me to pass it up.

Perfect for display.

Post 177 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Well, my second art book showed up today!! The covers on the original Sandman series always impress me. So, when I saw an used. like new, copy of this book on Amazon, I had to have it also. This book collects all the covers from the original series!! I tried to photograph a two page spread as an example of the format. I like how it's laid out.

Now you need to get the second book, Dream States, that collects McKean’s covers for other Sandman projects like The Dreaming and Overture
Post 178 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I'll add it to my list right now!! Thanks for that. I'm throughly enjoying this book.
Post 179 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Box o Wolverine Stuff

Post 180 IP   flag post
600813 999 30