Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
yes Sir, somewhere in about her first five or six depending what story you follow about her
Post 101 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Ive been trying to save money but I figured I would go to local shop I haven't been to in a while. It seems as the itch has been scratched, a couple pieces of drek and a couple readers.

Post 102 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Not “new” to my collection, but an upgrade:

Replacing:

So the 7.0 will be coming soon to an MCS near you!
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
So, here's what I pulled from that box of stuff that was in good condition. Good is, of course, relative. They're all chipped, folded, etc... But, most of these have both covers and they're attached. I think there's 1 w/out a back cover, 1 with the front cover detached, and 1 where apparently the front cover was replaced with a facsimile. The rest are complete.

So far I've identified one Schomburg cover. it's the one on the right of the 3rd picture, with the blimp, "Fantastic Story". I think there's more I just have to look through them.

And the question is definitely answered, it was, indeed, chock full of Amazing Stories. It's obviously the one he liked the best.

Post 104 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@xvipah So, so, SO jealous.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd He has more. I think I put a dent in his pulps. But he had a WHOLE lot of the digests and such from the early 50's as well.

Dude's been collecting since his teens, I think he's in his 80's now. He showed me (or told me about) his digests, old comic runs, his Carl Yastremzki(sp?) rookie card, his 1st edition Dune novel, etc... Crazy stuff, I wish I could just buy him out, but I ain't blessed like that
Post 106 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
I wish I could just buy him out, but I ain't blessed like that

I feel your pain...
Post 107 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
This one finally swam it's way into my collection. I never noticed there were holes cut out for Daredevil's eyes on the cover. I guess that's so you can see he was in fact unconscious at the bottom of the river.

Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector desslocktx private msg quote post Address this user
I finally bought this!

Post 109 IP   flag post
@desslocktx
That one looks great! Not a bad price for such a nice copy, too.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I started a small magazine collection late last year because they are much more affordable than collectible comics. Always had this at the top of the "must have" list:

Post 111 IP   flag post
@DrWatson I'm noticing a pattern in your slab purchases. Looks like both high grade and perfect centering are very important to you. Do you have any slabs below 9.0 in your collection?
Post 112 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I do like nicely centered books. Once graded, there isn't much left to look at besides the cover.

I do have some that are below 9.0. A few 8.5s and one 7.0. The 7.0 was definitely graded without the benefit of a press. The 8.5s, face front, could pass for 9.Xs.

You know, if an 8.5 looks like a 9.X, then why pay more?

For some reason, a reasonably affordable Daredevil 81 with nice eye appeal was hard for me to track down.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Once graded, there isn't much left to look at besides the cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
You know, if an 8.5 looks like a 9.X, then why pay more?

Two very excellent points. That, and your collection should make you happy. If you find a nice cover in better-than-average condition pleasing, don't settle for less!
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector desslocktx private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@desslocktx

And I’m getting it autographed this weekend! 😎
Post 115 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by desslocktx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@desslocktx

And I’m getting it autographed this weekend! 😎

No way! I sent my copy (not quite as nice as yours) to get signed by Michael Golden. Same for you?
Post 116 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
The last several weeks have kept me busy, and not in a good way, but I was able to pick up a few more ASM’s for my run.

I won this a few weeks ago. It has three signatures, including the late Michael Turner.

Post 117 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Some Minor stuff that I just pick up.

Post 118 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
An addition to my small (but growing) Truevision collection.

Post 119 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 That is crazy cool! What an amazing cover!
Post 120 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd Thanks! I love these old Truevision books. And they are as cool on the inside as they are on the outside. The pages are BLACK!!

Here's a sample splash page (not my image)...

Post 121 IP   flag post
That is some amazing art from our guy "Harry Lazarus." Just gorgeous.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

Post 123 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@Byrdibyrd Thanks! I love these old Truevision books. And they are as cool on the inside as they are on the outside. The pages are BLACK!!

Here's a sample splash page (not my image)...

Oh man, I wish you had never introduced me to this. Something new to put on my list. Those are way cool.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Two new ones I got Monday.
Vampirella Strikes #1 Carla Cohen cover, of 500

Invincible Red Sonja #9 1:30 Carla Cohen cover

Post 125 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user

Traded for this one, beautiful copy - tiny little flaws that a clean and press should take out fully. No spine ticks at all. Nicest raw copy I've come across so far.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Latest issue of Copra was delivered. Signed by Michel Fiffe.

He is at HeroesCon. Anyone who is going I'd recommend stopping by his booth. The guy's passion for comics is infectious. Real humble guy as well.

Post 128 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

Picked up Alice Cooper at the flea market today. Surprisingly high grade for 5 bucks.
Most of the others I got at a local show last weekend.
The asm is super low grade...probably a .5 or 1 max,but I got an insane deal on it, so I'm happy

Also, I didn't realize the army of darkness was signed tl I got home!
Post 129 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Nice Alice! I’ve been hanging onto a direct edition to hopefully get signed. I’m not a personalization guy but It’d be cool to have it signed to,” No More Mr Nice Bri”!
Post 130 IP   flag post
600822 999 30