Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@doog @Byrdibyrd @Galen130 Yeah, now I gotta go find one. She's all chained up....
Post 901 IP   flag post
So, I have a nice 9.6 copy of Avengers Annual 10 (1st app of Rogue)
And I have a copies of Rom 31 & X-Men 158 (tied for 2nd app of Rogue. Both June 1982)
Now I have a copy of Rom 32 (3rd app of Rogue)

Post 902 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67
That's a really nice copy. Those ROMs can be tough to find in high grade sometimes. Folks paid so little attention to the series that there just aren't that many good copies out there.
Post 903 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
So, I have a nice 9.6 copy of Avengers Annual 10 (1st app of Rogue)
And I have a copies of Rom 31 & X-Men 158 (tied for 2nd app of Rogue. Both June 1982)
Now I have a copy of Rom 32 (3rd app of Rogue)

hell yeah! ROM is great! I may be bit biased since ROM is what started this addiction I mean hobby for me. High grade ROM is always good!
Post 904 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
hell yeah! ROM is great!

I agree. The series was much better than people gave it credit for. It was like no one wanted to admit that a comic based on a toy was any good.
Post 905 IP   flag post

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
hell yeah! ROM is great!

I agree. The series was much better than people gave it credit for. It was like no one wanted to admit that a comic based on a toy was any good.
far underrated for sure. The origin of ROM is tragic. ROM is forever a “cyborg” of sorts unable to feel and eternally a protector against the Wraiths for us puny earthlings. ROM has Jon Favreau MCU written all over it in Stanger Things 80s style.
Post 906 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
hell yeah! ROM is great!

far underrated for sure. The origin of ROM is tragic. ROM is forever a “cyborg” of sorts unable to feel and eternally a protector against the Wraiths for us puny earthlings. ROM has Jon Favreau MCU written all over it in Stanger Things 80s style.

Exactly. The pathos in the series was palpable and effective. Other comics tried for that, but it usually just wound up being far too melodramatic to be taken seriously.
Post 907 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Nearmint67
That's a really nice copy. Those ROMs can be tough to find in high grade sometimes. Folks paid so little attention to the series that there just aren't that many good copies out there.

Yeah, and for a total cost of 5.52 (I grade it as a 9.6) gotta press it and then get Al to sign it for me. It was almost like steeling, but I did pay
Post 908 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
@Nearmint67

Yeah, and for a total cost of 5.52 (I grade it as a 9.6) gotta press it and then get Al to sign it for me. It was almost like steeling, but I did pay

Dang, that was a steal! I'd definitely consider getting that signed.
Post 909 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash Right... And the art work is great throughout this book. Just got caught up reading it.
Rogue had to save Raven (aka Mystique) from the bad guy, that eventually became an ally.
It was funny when Rogue kisses Rom (on the helmet?!?)
Post 910 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@Nearmint67

Dang, that was a steal! I'd definitely consider getting that signed.

A have a friend in NY that lives about an hour from Al. He got my Spectacular Spidey # 98, 99 & 100 signed for me last year.
Hoping to get another batch signed before end of the year...
Post 911 IP   flag post
Quote:
@HulkSmash Right... And the art work is great throughout this book. Just got caught up reading it.
Rogue had to save Raven (aka Mystique) from the bad guy, that eventually became an ally.
It was funny when Rogue kisses Rom (on the helmet?!?)

There were some exceptionally pretty covers, too, including some really nice ones by Michael Golden on early issues.

I thought Rogue kissing ROM... on his metal head... in the freezing cold... was funny. Ouch!
Post 912 IP   flag post
There are definitely ROM fans out there. I had two copies of both these books and they sold for some COIN.

Post 913 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Picked up second copies of these two collections to start a new custom binding project, similar to my Amalgam set.

For the book I’m going to collect the four Crossover Classes trades and the four-part JLA/Avengers crossover, which unfortunately isn’t cheap, especially that last issue
Post 914 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
One more Norman Saunders 50's sci-fi cover for the Thread
Post 915 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Odds and ends that I picked up cheap:

Signed by Frank Forte

Post 916 IP   flag post
Collector PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
Love these old Flash covers

Post 917 IP   flag post
That's my migraine! He still needs to shove an icepick into one of his eyes, but that's my migraine!!

That outrageous puppet-Flash cover is a fave, but I don't happen to have one...
Post 918 IP   flag post
Collector PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
I have a lower grade Flash 139 (1st Reverse Flash) submitted to CBCS that I dropped off at Comicpalooza in Houston in June. First time I've ever submitted to them and it includes pressing. I have a birthday coming up in about 6 weeks so I'm guessing I may see 2 birthdays before I get it back! I have mentally prepared myself.
Post 919 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilCoulson
I have mentally prepared myself.

You are wise to have done so!
Post 920 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Love these old Flash covers

Like most Silver Age DC, Flash is a really affordable collectable relative to Marvels of the same age.
Flash 105 pre-dates ASM 1 and FF 1 and a decent looking copy can be had for the $2,000 range. Early non-keys can often be found for under $100. That's unheard of.
Post 921 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I have a lower grade Flash 139 (1st Reverse Flash) submitted to CBCS that I dropped off at Comicpalooza in Houston in June. First time I've ever submitted to them and it includes pressing. I have a birthday coming up in about 6 weeks so I'm guessing I may see 2 birthdays before I get it back! I have mentally prepared myself.

This is good! It means that you won't be starting a thread about how you've sent 27 emails and made 32 unreturned calls to CBCS to find out what stage your books are at in the process!
Post 922 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
One upgrade and two additions to my Silver Surfer Vol 3 run.

Post 923 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Here's an oddball I found in the last load of drek I picked up. Never even heard of this title, but apparently it was only five issues...

Post 924 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Here's an oddball I found in the last load of drek I picked up. Never even heard of this title, but apparently it was only five issues...

He was probably washed out by Ajax Man.
Post 925 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
He was probably washed out by Ajax Man.

Post 926 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 927 IP   flag post
@WMorse
That's a really nice copy!
Post 928 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@WMorse

There's something about games @Byrdibyrd...
Post 929 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
Quote:
@WMorse

There's something about games @Byrdibyrd...

Are you cooking up a new WCC theme...?
Post 930 IP   flag post
600892 999 30