Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Oh and, thanks for dealing with the pic for the last couple days. I was hoping to prove a point that fell upon deaf ears. It's back to the fake one and may suddenly appear more assign that it was a jab in the first place.

If the point was for my benefit, I admittedly missed it. I was a cheeky ass about it a while back. I shouldn't have been, apologies.
Post 876 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
There's my buddy. No benefit to you at all. I was being cheeky right back. I didn't think you liked me anymore,
Post 877 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I got the first two books as gifts from @EbayMafia. You’re not seeing double, they are two copies of the same book. thanks sir.
The Batman book is a gift from another friend.

Post 878 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort
Nice! And they all look like they're in great shape, too!
Post 879 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Dollar bins are still great! Picked up X-Force #7-8 newsstands I only took a pic of 8 looks like a 9.2 possibly 9.4 with a press and some pics of a Zorro mini Preview featuring an early Mike Mayhew cover as well as Interior art by Mayhew!

I also picked up 40 Valiant books in said dollar bins ranging from FN to VF/NM

Post 880 IP   flag post

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I forgot! Apparently the Zorro Mantanzas Preview was published in 1999 by Image and the 4 issue series wasn’t published until 2010 by Dynamite! Weird!
Post 881 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@sportshort
Nice! And they all look like they're in great shape, too!

Thanks! When @EbayMafia gave them to me, he "promised" they'd be worth 100 bucks each by the end of the year. Or maybe he said "he hoped", don't really recall. I think he said that due to the fact that he owned about 100 more copies. The picture does not do them justice, they are in great condition. He always brings gifts when we meet for lunch, which is way too rare, great guy.
Post 882 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash
Looks like I need to check out more dollar bins! Nice haul!
Post 883 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 884 IP   flag post
Collector PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this one in from Heritage and just noticed it has a date stamp by the price. I like those on older comics.
Post 885 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Dollar bins are still great! Picked up X-Force #7-8 newsstands I only took a pic of 8 looks like a 9.2 possibly 9.4 with a press and some pics of a Zorro mini Preview featuring an early Mike Mayhew cover as well as Interior art by Mayhew!

I also picked up 40 Valiant books in said dollar bins ranging from FN to VF/NM

I lost count at 34 pouches.

Nice to see another Valiant fan. I'm actually purging half my collection
Post 886 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes

Nice to see another Valiant fan. I'm actually purging half my collection

I end with doubles and triples for the cards. Seems like no one bothered with the cards.
Post 887 IP   flag post
Quote:

I got up to 36 and said 'Eff it.' Life is too short.

Is it my imagination, or are those pouches colour-coded? I see white, purple, brown, purple w/orange tongue and light brown w/dark brown tongue, and no one is wearing anyone else's pouches. Do they think there aren't enough to go around? That's really Really hard to believe.
Post 888 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Is it my imagination, or are those pouches colour-coded? I see white, purple, brown, purple w/orange tongue and light brown w/dark brown tongue, and no one is wearing anyone else's pouches. Do they think there aren't enough to go around? That's really Really hard to believe.
it Liefeld it will never make sense its like the chicklet teeth he draws; I’m mean not all teeth look like bicuspids.
Post 889 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I counted 49. I have no life. LOL

Post 890 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

it Liefeld it will never make sense its like the chicklet teeth he draws; I’m mean not all teeth look like bicuspids.

You forgot that all feet are a size 3 and all cheekbones are capable of spearing grapefruit.
Post 891 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

And yet your stick-to-it-iveness will go down in history.
Post 892 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

And yet your stick-to-it-iveness will go down in history.

LOL!! Thanks!!
Post 893 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in an auction, glad to have a copy of Harley Quinn back in the PC, and the Hobbit books are just fun to have.

Post 894 IP   flag post
@lawguy1977
Those are great!! Congrats on winning the auction!
Post 895 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd thanks!
Post 896 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 897 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Happened upon this book in an antique store for $45. Figured it was missing a page or something, but I did not care, nope, it has beautiful pages. Look forward to the read. Never owned one.

Post 898 IP   flag post
@doog
DAYUM, dude, that's a nice book to have!
Post 899 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
@doog

I'd call that one a classic bondage cover...WITH CHAINS EVEN!!!

I'm jealous!! Nice pick up!!
Post 900 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@doog @Byrdibyrd @Galen130 Yeah, now I gotta go find one. She's all chained up....
Post 901 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
So, I have a nice 9.6 copy of Avengers Annual 10 (1st app of Rogue)
And I have a copies of Rom 31 & X-Men 158 (tied for 2nd app of Rogue. Both June 1982)
Now I have a copy of Rom 32 (3rd app of Rogue)

Post 902 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67
That's a really nice copy. Those ROMs can be tough to find in high grade sometimes. Folks paid so little attention to the series that there just aren't that many good copies out there.
Post 903 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
So, I have a nice 9.6 copy of Avengers Annual 10 (1st app of Rogue)
And I have a copies of Rom 31 & X-Men 158 (tied for 2nd app of Rogue. Both June 1982)
Now I have a copy of Rom 32 (3rd app of Rogue)

hell yeah! ROM is great! I may be bit biased since ROM is what started this addiction I mean hobby for me. High grade ROM is always good!
Post 904 IP   flag post
Quote:
hell yeah! ROM is great!

I agree. The series was much better than people gave it credit for. It was like no one wanted to admit that a comic based on a toy was any good.
Post 905 IP   flag post
600481 999 30