Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67

Here are the grading notes.

I assume the back is fine but I'm too pissed to look right now. I have raw copies that didn't make the cut that are supposed to be returned to me as well. Apparently they split or something. My presser said they were not 9.0 candidates.

Comic Description:
Marville 5 3/03 Marvel Comics

Grader Notes:
light creasing to cover
Post 801 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
I won a biggun in another raffle on IG....

And here's a couple other recent purchases -

Post 802 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson
You won that in a raffle!?! DAYUM!!!
Post 803 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@Enelson
You won that in a raffle!?! DAYUM!!!

Yessir- @mtgcomics has insane raffles. I've been lucky a couple times now... this book cost me $192 worth of spots
Post 804 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Nearmint67

I assume the back is fine but I'm too pissed to look right now. I have raw copies that didn't make the cut that are supposed to be returned to me as well. Apparently they split or something. My presser said they were not 9.0 candidates.

Comic Description:

Grader Notes:
light creasing to cover

I think that's the first time I've ever seen 'light creasing' tank a book all the way down to an 8.0 when the book looks as clean as that one.
Post 805 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd

I didn't look at the book to be honest. One thing that may have occurred is I submitted multiple copies . I have 2 qty 9 6 I didn't post.

Do you think it's possible they mixed the books up? I know that one submission to cgc they screwed every book in the submission. Every label was wrong. And it was super obvious. Dc label on marvel etc....

Problem is how do I find the defective book? If I knew how to grade I wouldn't be paying people to grade the books...

Is it my duty to find tbe defective book before selling any other copies?

Sigh.. I don't need more headaches in my life

Edit

So I looked at all the copies. I don't see creasing in any of the covers of the books. The 8.0 looks better than the 9.6 in my eyes. The 9.6 has something going on on the corner where the 8.0 looks almost as good as the 9.8.
Post 806 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
More Whitman's for you. Check out the Mod Wheels comic, first scan. I never heard of that series, but it only has nineteen issues in it. Lol

Post 807 IP   flag post
@Galen130
On Mod Wheels, the 'Turbo Tower of Power' is trademarked down on the bottom left. Looks like that's what the comic is actually based on. I remember the Turbo Tower of Power from when I was growing up. It was a toy; a plastic ramp with a pump that shot cars and/or stunt cycles across the floor really fast. Parents must have hated them.
Post 808 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Galen130
On Mod Wheels, the 'Turbo Tower of Power' is trademarked down on the bottom left. Looks like that's what the comic is actually based on. I remember the Turbo Tower of Power from when I was growing up. It was a toy; a plastic ramp with a pump that shot cars and/or stunt cycles across the floor really fast. Parents must have hated them.

Yeah, that tower is unfamiliar to me. Probably didn’t have it as a kid. Had a chit load of Hot Wheels though. Wish I had kept those. 🤣😫
Post 809 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Quote:
@Galen130

Yeah, that tower is unfamiliar to me. Probably didn’t have it as a kid. Had a chit load of Hot Wheels though. Wish I had kept those. 🤣😫

True story: In grade school (maybe 2nd grade) I got sent to the principal's office for playing with Hot Wheels. They were only for boys! What the Hell! I didn't wanna play with any dang tea set! Forget that noise! Gimme the Hot Wheels!!!
Post 810 IP   flag post
Now I feel like an ass for sending you a toy car and saying your nephew might enjoy it.... lol
Post 811 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Nearmint67

Comic Description:

Grader Notes:
light creasing to cover

I know my eyes ain't what they once were, but I didn't see any creases on the pic....
Post 812 IP   flag post
Quote:
Now I feel like an ass for sending you a toy car and saying your nephew might enjoy it.... lol

WW and I are gonna have a blast with that car!!!
Post 813 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67

I didn't see squat either. My brother saw some indented spots but nothing like a crease. Dr Watson made a very salient point though. It might be non visible due to the slab or internal holder.
Post 814 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
@Nearmint67

Comic Description:

Grader Notes:
light creasing to cover

I know my eyes ain't what they once were, but I didn't see any creases on the pic....

Yeah, that pic looked very clean. I'd understand if there were a hidden defect inside the book (I've been caught that way before), but the grader's notes don't say anything about that.
Post 815 IP   flag post
Quote:
True story: In grade school (maybe 2nd grade) I got sent to the principal's office for playing with Hot Wheels. They were only for boys! What the Hell! I didn't wanna play with any dang tea set! Forget that noise! Gimme the Hot Wheels!!!

I guess you weren't allowed to wear levi's either. Only mini-skirt and tube tops???
Hot Wheels were the best. Wish I still had all of my late 70's toys. I would still play with them lol....
I do still have a few matchbox Raiders vehichles.

Post 816 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Nearmint67

I didn't see squat either. My brother saw some indented spots but nothing like a crease. Dr Watson made a very salient point though. It might be non visible due to the slab or internal holder.

Or they just screwed up and put the wrong label on it like you mentioned earlier.
It would be worth sending them some pics and say you believe they put the wrong graded label on that copy. They might regrade it for you for free. Nothing to loose there...
Post 817 IP   flag post
Quote:
I guess you weren't allowed to wear levi's either. Only mini-skirt and tube tops???

Until 4th grade when the dress code finally changed and girls were permitted to leave Puritan sensibilities in the rear-view, we were only allowed to wear dresses or skirt/blouse, whatever it was it had to reach below the knees, and we had to have tights (not hose - couldn't be a flesh-tone) and 'dress shoes,' which meant a SHOE and not sneakers or sandals or anything not strictly shoe-like. Boys could wear trousers or shorts, button-up shirt or t-shirt, and shoes or sneakers. I do think the only real restriction the boys had was no blue jeans. Girls were not allowed to be on playground equipment because someone might see up our skirts. We could jump rope or play tetherball. We could also remain in the classroom and play with the stuff I had no interest in like tea sets. Toys were Very gender segregated, which is why I got busted for Hot Wheels.
Post 818 IP   flag post
Chances are they would want me to send all of them back. While others have suggested that cgc knows how to open their own cases without damaging the books, I'm hesitant to own 2 low copies of the book vs just 1. In the grand scheme if things if I pay another 20 bux and the book comes back as a 9.4 I can at least sell it. As it stands eith an 8.0 I don't think it's worth even grading costs.
Post 819 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd That's so crazy. What year was that? I guess dodge ball was out of the questions...
Post 820 IP   flag post
Am I the only one that had to look up what tetherball was?
Post 821 IP   flag post
Quote:

Probably...
Post 822 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Byrdibyrd That's so crazy. What year was that? I guess dodge ball was out of the questions...

That was around 1970 ~ 71. Yeah, dodgeball didn't really happen until about 5th grade, and by that time everyone was allowed to play.
Post 823 IP   flag post
Quote:

Yup. 🤣🤣

What a great recess game it was. 👍🤙🖖
Post 824 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

That was around 1970 ~ 71. Yeah, dodgeball didn't really happen until about 5th grade, and by that time everyone was allowed to play.

You must have been something by the time you could sport some bell bottoms...
Post 825 IP   flag post
Quote:

I don't think tetherball is even A Thing anymore. I must say it was one of the only things I liked doing during recess/lunch.
Post 826 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Eric Klaus was at my local shop today and I had him sign some books:

Pick this up also:

Post 827 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Stop the press, who is this?

Post 828 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Here are a few more oddball items I picked up Friday. Like I mentioned earlier...lots of Whitman's. Lol

Melted face icecream... I think I need this!!
Post 829 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You must have been something by the time you could sport some bell bottoms...

Do I ever remember bell bottoms! Platforms came not long after, but there was no way you'd catch me wearing that nonsense. How could I possibly play dodgeball wearing platforms?!
Post 830 IP   flag post
601288 999 30