CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

New to Your Collection #1417728

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm



Big book for the collection - Underappreciated book with classic cover art.
gorgeous book, but I for one don't understand why they would title a book about a boy without underwear 🤷. Sorry dad joke.
Post 751 • IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 HAH! I can hear the eye-rolls from my kids with that dad joke...gonna have to use it
Post 752 • IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 753 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra
Nice one!
Post 754 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user
Can you say, "Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!"





Post 755 • IP   flag post


Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@figment
Nice!! Those are both very happy and quite joyful!
Post 756 • IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
This will go well with my signed #1


Post 757 • IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Can you say, "Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!"







I find it curious that Concrete hasn't had some kind of a TV show for Netflix or other streaming channel. Given the environmentalists bent of the character, it seems like it would get a lot of support.
Post 758 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I find it curious that Concrete hasn't had some kind of a TV show for Netflix or other streaming channel. Given the environmentalists bent of the character, it seems like it would get a lot of support.

I concur. Concrete was a delightful character and it's a pity nothing is being done with him.
Post 759 • IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
these not new to my collection but was just going my binder showing off to grandson thought u might like seeing

don't if they worth anything
Post 760 • IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee
these not new to my collection but was just going my binder showing off to grandson thought u might like seeing

don't if they worth anything


Amidst the Star Wars a couple of Wacky Packages stickers. Very varied. LOL!

Wacky Packages were hot when I was in middle school. I literally have to resist looking them up on EBay.
Post 761 • IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
I'd been wanting on of these for a while but never pulled the trigger. Finally did right when the show came out before the prices skyrocketed too much more.




More Ace Comics!



Post 762 • IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user



I couldn't resist this spoof of the acetate debacle and grabbed one from NickGQ, this is an artist proof copy 3/50
Post 763 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
Wacky Packages were hot when I was in middle school. I literally have to resist looking them up on EBay.

Oh, yeah, I remember having a complete set of Wacky Packages. That took some time (and some allowance) to get that together!
Post 764 • IP   flag post
Don't tell me what to do! starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Just added to the collection!

Post 765 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@starlord
Such a great cover!
Post 766 • IP   flag post
If you want to bludgeon someone with a comic, PSA should be your first choice. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't even know this existed until recently, and loved the art so much I had to have it.




I overpaid a little bit for this, but I didn't want to pay the 9.x price premium, and it's similar condition to my Captain Britain #1.


Post 767 • IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Thread making me sad. I sold off all my Concrete books (pretty sure I had every appearance) and my Sandman run about 10 years ago. I regret doing that.
Post 768 • IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user




Post 769 • IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't go back in the thread to look, but someone posted a slabbed copy of Gargoyle #1. I found this guy in the wild at a yard sale today...wasn't even looking for it. Lol


Post 770 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Galen130
Nice yard sale find!
Post 771 • IP   flag post
It gets old smelling it everytime I go outside my door. Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra







That DD run is getting closer to being complete eh?
Post 772 • IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 haha. Slowly but surely.
Post 773 • IP   flag post
I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't bought anything for a few months and got this off Ebay a couple days ago.


Post 774 • IP   flag post
We should have the forum rate our packages. HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user











































Post 775 • IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user





Limited to 150

Post 776 • IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up a lot of Gold Key 'Whitman' variants too.




Post 777 • IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Galen130 Nice books. Love that "Funky Phantom." From a time when Saturday mornings meant something. 🙂
Post 778 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad
Those Creepy's are awesome.
Post 779 • IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@Galen130 Nice books. Love that "Funky Phantom." From a time when Saturday mornings meant something. 🙂


I had forgotten about that cartoon until now. I was old enough to watch the reruns, too young to watch it when it aired. Not by much though. 🤣🤣🤣
Post 780 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30