Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrie2tm

Big book for the collection - Underappreciated book with classic cover art.
gorgeous book, but I for one don't understand why they would title a book about a boy without underwear 🤷. Sorry dad joke.
Post 751 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 HAH! I can hear the eye-rolls from my kids with that dad joke...gonna have to use it
Post 752 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 753 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra
Nice one!
Post 754 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Can you say, "Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!"

Post 755 IP   flag post

@figment
Nice!! Those are both very happy and quite joyful!
Post 756 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
This will go well with my signed #1

Post 757 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Can you say, "Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!"

I find it curious that Concrete hasn't had some kind of a TV show for Netflix or other streaming channel. Given the environmentalists bent of the character, it seems like it would get a lot of support.
Post 758 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I find it curious that Concrete hasn't had some kind of a TV show for Netflix or other streaming channel. Given the environmentalists bent of the character, it seems like it would get a lot of support.

I concur. Concrete was a delightful character and it's a pity nothing is being done with him.
Post 759 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
these not new to my collection but was just going my binder showing off to grandson thought u might like seeing

don't if they worth anything
Post 760 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee
these not new to my collection but was just going my binder showing off to grandson thought u might like seeing

don't if they worth anything

Amidst the Star Wars a couple of Wacky Packages stickers. Very varied. LOL!

Wacky Packages were hot when I was in middle school. I literally have to resist looking them up on EBay.
Post 761 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
I'd been wanting on of these for a while but never pulled the trigger. Finally did right when the show came out before the prices skyrocketed too much more.

More Ace Comics!

Post 762 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user

I couldn't resist this spoof of the acetate debacle and grabbed one from NickGQ, this is an artist proof copy 3/50
Post 763 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
Wacky Packages were hot when I was in middle school. I literally have to resist looking them up on EBay.

Oh, yeah, I remember having a complete set of Wacky Packages. That took some time (and some allowance) to get that together!
Post 764 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Just added to the collection!

Post 765 IP   flag post
@starlord
Such a great cover!
Post 766 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't even know this existed until recently, and loved the art so much I had to have it.

I overpaid a little bit for this, but I didn't want to pay the 9.x price premium, and it's similar condition to my Captain Britain #1.

Post 767 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Thread making me sad. I sold off all my Concrete books (pretty sure I had every appearance) and my Sandman run about 10 years ago. I regret doing that.
Post 768 IP   flag post

Post 769 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't go back in the thread to look, but someone posted a slabbed copy of Gargoyle #1. I found this guy in the wild at a yard sale today...wasn't even looking for it. Lol

Post 770 IP   flag post
@Galen130
Nice yard sale find!
Post 771 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra

That DD run is getting closer to being complete eh?
Post 772 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 haha. Slowly but surely.
Post 773 IP   flag post
I'm not a plagiarist. I'm also not illiterate. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Haven't bought anything for a few months and got this off Ebay a couple days ago.

Post 774 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 775 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Limited to 150

Post 776 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up a lot of Gold Key 'Whitman' variants too.

Post 777 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@Galen130 Nice books. Love that "Funky Phantom." From a time when Saturday mornings meant something. 🙂
Post 778 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad
Those Creepy's are awesome.
Post 779 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@Galen130 Nice books. Love that "Funky Phantom." From a time when Saturday mornings meant something. 🙂

I had forgotten about that cartoon until now. I was old enough to watch the reruns, too young to watch it when it aired. Not by much though. 🤣🤣🤣
Post 780 IP   flag post
602865 999 30