CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
I have a few Mark Jewelers, and those and price variants are some of my favourites. I wish I could find some that aren't thrashed! I can't think of any of my Mark Jewelers that aren't pretty beat up.

Or if you are me, you wish you never removed the ads from your comic as a kid. My MJV are in high grade minus my careful extraction of the ad. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Ouch! The folly of youth...
Post 51 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

@Davethebrave If your interested in this copy for 10,800. It's available until tomorrow, if not it's getting shipped out tomorrow afternoon
Post 52 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 53 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
waiting for a small box from cgc

Star Wars #1 CGC 5.0

i purchased a small but nice collection of comics from the 1970's and had a run of star wars comics

only paid about $70 for the batch of about 100 comics
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
I learned a lesson on the vagaries of bound volumes recently. I almost passed on this bound Looney Tunes collection covering the year 1960. It is volume 19, covering issues 219-230. I already have in my collection a volume 19, but the issue numbers are 217-228. The new volume has a rounded spine, while the other volume has what is called a “floating spine”, a different binding type used for volumes that would receive heavier usage. When I looked into the reason for the discrepancy in issue numbers I found that back around 1959 Dell decided to change their binding schedule to go by calendar year. Previous LT sets were bound Nov-Oct, not Jan-Dec. However, Western Publishing was a massive enterprise, with many physical locations across the country. The policy wasn’t universally implemented in an expedient fashion throughout the company, meaning that there were 2 variations on the 1959 sets. The rounded spine (editorial) sets for 1959 contain all the 1959 issues plus Nov and Dec 1958. The floaters for that year contained only Nov-Oct 1958/ 1959, same with the 1959/60 sets. The biggest problem is that by 1961 everyone was compliant with the updated policy, so ALL of the Vol. 20s (the final volume of the run) contain issues 231-242. In other words, if I didn’t pick up this rounded spine set, my bound collection would be forever missing issues 229 and 230. Sorry if that explanation was a bit long. On to the good stuff!

Post 55 IP   flag post

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
This was an anniversary gift from my wife. I remember this storyline from 1988 and thinking, that this was pretty a intense storyline. I was not collecting comics at the time but some storylines were worth paying attention to. I would consider this storyline a milestone in the comics world. Jim Starlin at his best.
Post 56 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I've had my eye on this one, finally found it at a great price. Classic Jim Lee cover.

This one was just an awesome book from 1964.

Post 57 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Freshly BACK in my collection. I'm a little surprised the other guy didn't change mag slabs and labels over time like the rest of their books but hey, where else was I going to send it?

Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad that’s a nice third print right there Bubba.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
@HeinzDad that’s a nice third print right there Bubba.
Thank you. I got it from my LCS which is pretty cool. He called me on a Saturday night at 9 and after a sleepless night I locked it in the next day at noon.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Freshly BACK in my collection. I'm a little surprised the other guy didn't change mag slabs and labels over time like the rest of their books but hey, where else was I going to send it?

One of my last grails. If you ever decide to part with it please let me know
Post 61 IP   flag post
@cesidio, I take that as a compliment to the highest regard. It’s a book I never thought I’d own and I really only have one other of its caliber, so selling isn’t likely. If ever need bail money though I’ll keep you in mind!
Post 62 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

my book arrived safely yesterday. Definitely one of my favorite books to date. Got to take a picture of the 2 copies before I shipped out the 4.0
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

my book arrived safely yesterday. Definitely be of my favorite books to date. Got to take a picture of the 2 copies before I shipped out the 4.0

your collection is simply the greatest I've ever seen! Every time you post I look forward to seeing what you have and it is totally jaw-dropping.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user
Excited to add this one!

Post 65 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this Drek up today

Post 66 IP   flag post
@southerncross I wish I had your drek.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:

You and me both sister.
(no offense meant)
Post 68 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Pulled that book out of a collection today at work.

Here is the other stuff, not mine the stores.

And there us a bunch of other stuff as well
Post 69 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:

You and me both sister.
(no offense meant)

None taken whatsoever.
Post 70 IP   flag post
@southerncross That's a heckuva haul!
Post 71 IP   flag post
@starlord I appreciate the kind words, I've been very blessed with a supportive wife and fortunate with opportunities to be able to hustle books to afford or feed the addiction. I saw this showcase earlier this year and and was thinking that it would be incredible to have it in the collection. But no way i could afford it. When the sale fell through and I've done business with the owner before. I reached out, we negotiated a little and to my surprise, we made it happen. 👏👏🙏🙏. As far as my collection, we're all in different stages, different circumstances. Some of the collectors I rub elbows with have insane collections. Some have 1 or 2 books worth more than my entire collection. They inspire me to get creative in ways of building the collection. Just making new friends and having a blast doing it.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Just making new friends and having a blast doing it.

Best thing ever.
Post 73 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You and me both sister.
(no offense meant)

None taken whatsoever.

lol I call all comics Drek except blue chips like Action 1 and Amazing Fantasy 15.
And all Drek belongs in my collection đź‘Ť

I picked up the HOS 92 for $400
My big buy in the last couple of months.
Thought it was a nice price for a book to go into my personal collection.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You and me both sister.
(no offense meant)

None taken whatsoever.

lol I call all comics Drek except blue chips like Action 1 and Amazing Fantasy 15.
And all Drek belongs in my collection đź‘Ť

I picked up the HOS 92 for $400
My big buy in the last couple of months.
Thought it was a nice price for a book to go into my personal collection.

$400 for HoS #92 is not a bad price at all. I'd jump on it, too! Add it to my drek!
Post 75 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
Not a comic book but still pretty damn cool. Antique Mall find

Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user

Other than an insane amount of modern Independent common issues in multiples, these are some of the books that were squirreled away in a hoarders house that I am helping to unload some of his stuff. The golden age just mixed in, no bags mostly, or boards. Randomly placed. Precious few cool books so far, seems he mainly hoarded the stuff others did not like, and what keys he had, were mostly gone long ago, by his more savvy friends.
You never know though, still 499,000 books yet to go! If he lets me look, that is.
The Marvels were under some boxes,loose, no boards, but did have bags. Survived being yanked out, one by one. Thought I was gonna have a heart attack, when I saw what they were, and how they were handled. Were mixed with some Disney books in the same stack of 15 or so. Had to be a story there, but oddly, he cares nothing about the more valuable ones. These few books have given me hints there may be worthwhile sellable things, buried. It is a slow process, however. A weird disease.

Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
My second CBCS submission, on it's way back to me.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Just got in touch with a guy in the area who sold me these stacks/boxes of old pulps and digests.

I still have to go through them, some are in really bad condition, but he's the original owner of a lot of these, bought them when he was a teen. The ones in stacks are the worse condition ones, the ones in the box are better, just haven't pulled them out yet.

Post 79 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@xvipah that looks like an awesome find!!! Congrats!!
Post 80 IP   flag post
600893 999 30