Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@ticktocktyler
You're not wrong! Adams Batman books are increasing in price as far as I've seen. Some of the price increases seem to be driven by subject matter in the cover art as much as some key feature in the book itself. I've considered looking for a nicer Batman #222 (mine is maybe a 3.0), but that won't happen 'til I've saved up a little more cashola!
Post 576 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@ticktocktyler
You're not wrong! Adams Batman books are increasing in price as far as I've seen. Some of the price increases seem to be driven by subject matter in the cover art as much as some key feature in the book itself. I've considered looking for a nicer Batman #222 (mine is maybe a 3.0), but that won't happen 'til I've saved up a little more cashola!


They (whoever "they are" seem to be pulling rabbits out of hats, now. I see Batman #255 is now a "key". The 1st app of Anthony Lupus. Werewolf. Lupus? Little on the nose, ennit? Haha!

Those #222's are a bit aggravating. It looks like many of them didn't staple correctly on the bottom so the covers can be unattached. There are lower mid grades available then we see a few 9.4's for thousands and then nothing.

Another REALLY aggravating book is #235. An unremarkable Adams cover but the 2nd app of Ra's Al Ghul. Trying finding a nicely centered one that isn't beat to death.
Post 577 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a small collection, mostly modern stuff, but cool non the less. I'm going to break it down in a bit and post some pictures of books to see you later things of interest anybody.





Post 578 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@ticktocktyler
'They' like calling just about anything 'key,' right? Anthony Lupus...? Who!? Am I supposed to know/care about this guy? My bad, I guess. Just wait until 'they' finally pinpoint the first issue wherein Robin is shown barefoot! WOOT!

I see so many crunchy #222's that look a lot like mine. It'd be nice to upgrade, but it's like there's hardly anything in mid-grade. I already know I won't be affording one of those sweet copies, but come on!
I should count myself lucky that mine has the cover attached.

There are A Lot of miswraps on covers in DC books from that time! It really shows on the Batman books because so many covers are dark and the back cover is often white. It's not the nicest look!
Post 579 IP   flag post
Collector Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
The only comic in the series that has a blue heart in the logo.

Post 580 IP   flag post


Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
One of todays pick ups and tonight's read.


Post 581 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Cool! You can't go wrong with art inspired by Berni Wrightson.
Post 582 IP   flag post
Collector Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

just received this today, sent a few books for the Perez signing, when it canceled they gave the option to send the books to the wolfman signing. Had 2 copies of dc presents, this was a raw copy I purchased a while back, the other is a 9.6 and opted to have the Perez label. Wish I sent them both in now.
Post 583 IP   flag post
Collector ComicHoarder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66


secured a deal for these two books. Coming from Canada so it takes about a week to get here. I don't think I've ever bought a book with movie hype but I think black Adam is here to stay for a while, cool character. The New York world's fair 1939 (1st app if the sandman and blonde Superman) has tear seals, I might send it in to have them removed, if I do, highly likely it will lose the mt Rainer on the label. Hero restoration will not remove tear seals so it will have to go to cgc.




Congrads on the buys, those are heavy hitters.



My free and unsolicuted take/advice:

If the latter book was cracked open by CCS, resto removed by CCS and graded by CGC, why do you think you'd probably lose the pedigree?

Unless CGC doesn't recognize Mt Rainer as a pedigree.

I'm assuming the top right and bottom right corners are the tear seals on the front cover. May be more on the back cover or elsewhere on the FV and spine, of course but the label denotes amatuer work so my guess is probably correct.

Both those corner seals look like they were probably totally (or close to wholly torn off) torn off and sealed by an amatuer.

If the tear seals are removed, odds are you'll have borg corners detached, knpocking it down to 3.0 ish blue.

If you have the tear sealed removed, best route for highest uni versal grade would be re-attached both corners with plain old Scotch acid-free tape. Not archival tape.

@tonystarks had a good post on that topic on here recently, have a look.
Post 584 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@ticktocktyler your copy of 222 is fantastic! And yeah, I agree, the Adams books are getting out of control. Speaking of Batman 235, I agree the value is getting ridiculous for a second appearance. That being said, Ras Al Ghul has always been my favorite Batman villain. Picked this up a few years ago and had it slabbed last year:

Post 585 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@ticktocktyler
'They' like calling just about anything 'key,' right? Anthony Lupus...? Who!? Am I supposed to know/care about this guy? My bad, I guess. Just wait until 'they' finally pinpoint the first issue wherein Robin is shown barefoot! WOOT!

I see so many crunchy #222's that look a lot like mine. It'd be nice to upgrade, but it's like there's hardly anything in mid-grade. I already know I won't be affording one of those sweet copies, but come on!
I should count myself lucky that mine has the cover attached.

There are A Lot of miswraps on covers in DC books from that time! It really shows on the Batman books because so many covers are dark and the back cover is often white. It's not the nicest look!


Yes!

"1st app. Vera Wang cutlery on Bruce Wayne's kitchen table".
"1st app. Bathound poop on Bruce Wayne's lawn."
"1st time Dick Grayson declines to ask a fellow Hudson University student to 'rap'.
"1st app. Super pocket in Superman's cape"
"1st time a guy named 'Jim' wearing a Lone Ranger mask tugs on Superman's cape while spitting in the wind".

Agreed with the DC mis-wrap mishaps. This book is hard to find because of the black cover and this mis-wrap is a good example of what you were referring to about black covers:
Post 586 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy1977
@ticktocktyler your copy of 222 is fantastic! And yeah, I agree, the Adams books are getting out of control. Speaking of Batman 235, I agree the value is getting ridiculous for a second appearance. That being said, Ras Al Ghul has always been my favorite Batman villain. Picked this up a few years ago and had it slabbed last year:



So nice! It includes all of the lettering on the right edge w/o cutting any off! Look at that centering! Congratulations! I just bought a perhaps 6.5 raw just to be able to say I have a copy. @ $30 I figured I couldn't go wrong. But it will not remain my only copy. At some point it can be replaced by a higher grade copy. There's a NICE 9.8 on CLINK. Out of my hands at the moment.

The cover (to my taste) is unremarkable and so I ignored it for several years and I admit to not knowing it was Al Ghul's 2nd app. Since we are receding, I hope prices will soften enough so I may purchase a copy like yours. Good for you! You picture made me sob. I will post an image hopefully today of my Tec 405 so you may sob as well. LOL!

I always thought the League Of Assassins 1st app. was in the Adams "Strange Adventures" Deadman run. They seem to be the same outfit.
Post 587 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
"1st time a guy named 'Jim' tugs on Superman's cape while spitting in the wind".

LOLLL!!! Here's a KEY I would pay some money for!
Post 588 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

just received this today, sent a few books for the Perez signing, when it canceled they gave the option to send the books to the wolfman signing. Had 2 copies of dc presents, this was a raw copy I purchased a while back, the other is a 9.6 and opted to have the Perez label. Wish I sent them both in now.


I have never seen Wolfman's sig like that. Sweet book.
Post 589 IP   flag post
Collector Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

just received this today, sent a few books for the Perez signing, when it canceled they gave the option to send the books to the wolfman signing. Had 2 copies of dc presents, this was a raw copy I purchased a while back, the other is a 9.6 and opted to have the Perez label. Wish I sent them both in now.


I have never seen Wolfman's sig like that. Sweet book.

i was showing my wife the same thing when I got the book back, I've never seen his sig in this fashion. If it wasn't witnessed I don't know if it would get verified by cbcs. Here's my tod10 (mark jewelers to boot) with his typical sig.
Post 590 IP   flag post
Collector Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66


secured a deal for these two books. Coming from Canada so it takes about a week to get here. I don't think I've ever bought a book with movie hype but I think black Adam is here to stay for a while, cool character. The New York world's fair 1939 (1st app if the sandman and blonde Superman) has tear seals, I might send it in to have them removed, if I do, highly likely it will lose the mt Rainer on the label. Hero restoration will not remove tear seals so it will have to go to cgc.




Congrads on the buys, those are heavy hitters.



My free and unsolicuted take/advice:

If the latter book was cracked open by CCS, resto removed by CCS and graded by CGC, why do you think you'd probably lose the pedigree?

Unless CGC doesn't recognize Mt Rainer as a pedigree.

I'm assuming the top right and bottom right corners are the tear seals on the front cover. May be more on the back cover or elsewhere on the FV and spine, of course but the label denotes amatuer work so my guess is probably correct.

Both those corner seals look like they were probably totally (or close to wholly torn off) torn off and sealed by an amatuer.

If the tear seals are removed, odds are you'll have borg corners detached, knpocking it down to 3.0 ish blue.

If you have the tear sealed removed, best route for highest uni versal grade would be re-attached both corners with plain old Scotch acid-free tape. Not archival tape.

@tonystarks had a good post on that topic on here recently, have a look.
I did call cgc and was told they wouldn't recognize it as a mt Rainer collection, hero restoration works with cbcs bit they refuse to remove tear seals. I just had my asm 1 that had tears seals removed, it's in transit back from cgc now, it was in cbcs case and I checked with hero on that one as well
Post 591 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
I've done a lot of selling and almost no buying this year. So something had to change and it turned out to be a good weekend. Started off by receiving this FF16 from fellow board member @Siggy



I then went to small local Toy & Comic show and picked up these up.






Post 592 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
A few more purchases from the Toy & Comic show.



I love this cover!






Lastly, under the category of "Buy it when you see it", I bought this because it was just so unique. Not something you see everyday.

Post 593 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

just received this today, sent a few books for the Perez signing, when it canceled they gave the option to send the books to the wolfman signing. Had 2 copies of dc presents, this was a raw copy I purchased a while back, the other is a 9.6 and opted to have the Perez label. Wish I sent them both in now.


I have never seen Wolfman's sig like that. Sweet book.

i was showing my wife the same thing when I got the book back, I've never seen his sig in this fashion. If it wasn't witnessed I don't know if it would get verified by cbcs. Here's my tod10 (mark jewelers to boot) with his typical sig.


See, the sig on the TOD book is what I have on a few books and have always seen. Maybe the DCCP26 book was window bagged and he didn't have room? Looks nothing like his sig at all.
Post 594 IP   flag post
Collector Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
I went to a vintage sale yesterday. There were a few vendors who had a couple of short boxes each. What I’m about to show you is why you always have to flip through each comic at a sale like this. The $2.00 price sticker on the bag is exactly what I paid.
I’m going to have a clean and press done and send this in. It’s nice and clean and I feel could get an 8.5 or 9.0.
I literally was looking around for the hidden camera thinking I was being punked.


Post 595 IP   flag post
Collector Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@ticktocktyler yup, window bag originally for George Perez
Post 596 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@ticktocktyler yup, window bag originally for George Perez


Wow. That would be constraining for a Perez sig as well. Are you happy with the Marv sig?
Post 597 IP   flag post
Collector Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@ticktocktyler I would rather have the sig and the placement than scribbled on the logo. So yeah I'm good with it. Chris Claremont has a horrible sig as well. Had him sign a bunch of X-men books all on the first page where it belongs
Post 598 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I should have some Wolfman sigs in my possession tomorrow. We can take a further look.
Post 599 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I'm hoping to have some Wolfman sigs soon, too. Probably next week.
Post 600 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Visited a "mom and pop" shop about 40 miles away I found online. My god what a find. So many silver and bronze books and fillers. Will be going back. Picked up some more for my DD run with some minor / mid keys and fillers.

Comics world in Winber, PA.



















Spill the beans, what's the name of the shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Just came today. Still has the shrink wrap on it.
I always get the Limited Edition Hero Initiative Hardcover.
Gotta help the artists and writers who need it.




Cheers.

That said, may I suggest buying a paperback copy off eBay next year & donating the difference directly to Hero Initiative?

You can get softbaxk Overstreets at upwards of 50% off cover.

That'd save you at least $20....and that $20 donated right to HI would net HI a bigger donation than paying full cover price for the hardback.


Comic world in Winder, PA.
Post 601 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
We attended our local Con this weekend. Day one was so packed, I got one autograph browsed the floor & left.

Jon Heder from Napoleon Dynamite.




Day two was far less hectic. I met Ming from “Comic Book Men” again and got an unsigned copy of the season one press kit. Now I have one to read.




I was super stoked to meet James O’Barr. I searched the Artist Alley for a long time before finding him. Turns out, He didn’t bring his banner because every time He has in they past, they already had one for him. Not this year. I think He would have got A LOT more attention if He had a banner.

He signed my ‘The Crow’ hardcover for free, I felt like I had to buy a print. He was super nice.





There was a severe lack of vintage Spidey of key TOS issues. I ended up trading a couple books for this. I’ll turn this into something I really want later. I’m considering a CPR.




I grabbed this too. Just a cool book.




And there was a lack of vintage Wonder Woman, too. But I was able to find one the wife was missing.




And not that she needed one, but I got her another mini backpack for her collection.


Post 602 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

















Post 603 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
DC making things hard for collecting Catwoman’s cover appearances. Batman 126 is a 1:100 incentive. Catwoman 43 cover limited to 300 copies. Sigh.


Post 604 IP   flag post
Collector Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Man, I am loving that signed Spider-Woman #1. Nice grab!!! 🤣👍🤙🙂
@HeinzDad
Post 605 IP   flag post
521129 999 30