Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
Another Phantom Stranger Adam's cover. It's a beauty with one glaring flaw. Can you spot it?

four fingers per hand on the central figure
Post 551 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
Another Phantom Stranger Adam's cover. It's a beauty with one glaring flaw. Can you spot it?

four fingers per hand on the central figure

Yeah, that's one of them that wasn't quite as glaring to me. The HooDoo Man has hands like a clawfoot bathtub for sure. There is another......
Post 552 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
This one to replace a well loved copy I bought as a kid

This one to fill a hole in my inferno story line (somehow missed getting it back in the 80s)

Post 553 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@ticktocktyler Love this Phantom Strangers. Really nice.
Post 554 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

This is my 5th copy, it was too cheap to pass up and I've got a problem with this book it seems.

Post 555 IP   flag post

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, they are CGC, but these are my last purchases for awhile. I’ll be looking for PCH and PCB covers in CBCS in the future. 👍🤙🖖

Post 556 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Yes, they are CGC, but these are my last purchases for awhile. I’ll be looking for PCH and PCB covers in CBCS in the future. 👍🤙🖖

last book there is a great cover!!
Post 557 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
last book there is a great cover!!

I agree, and thanks. I snatched that one up as soon as it was listed. I know what I like!! 🤣🤣
Post 558 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I purchased this book from @Darkseid_of_Town last month (thanks Mike).

And I won this one in an auction last weekend (such a tough black cover).

So I have pretty much spent my comic budget for the year. I am always open to making trades, especially to get some more ASM's for my run, or for SA Adventure Comics that I need to own or upgrade.
Post 559 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Some weekend reading material

Post 560 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Congratulations!

2 awesome scores
Post 561 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
I do love Neal's Strange Adventures/Deadman covers:

A couple of old GA War books:

Marvel Preview #8 with the Legion of Monsters:

Post 562 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Slowly ticking off the Batman keys I’ve been wanting in the Batman 200s and Detective 400s. Just want a decent Batman 222, but probably need to pump the brakes for the rest of the year. Really thrilled about picking up this copy of ‘Tec 405.

Post 563 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977
That's a nice copy! I lucked out and got one earlier this year. Are you planning on getting it graded?

Good luck on the #222. My copy not what anyone would describe as 'nice.'
Post 564 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 565 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd thanks! Yes, it’s at the top of my list for my next submission, but I’m not in a hurry to submit as I’d like to see the TATs go down a bit first. Hopefully 🤞🏻
Post 566 IP   flag post
Collector IowaDad81 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 567 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Some slabs that I have gotten in the last couple of months.

Post 568 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Here she is officially:

Post 569 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@WMorse

Very nice
Gratz!
Post 570 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I've been waiting for a while to get some of these. Someone asked in another thread if people were buying now that values and prices are on the downward trend... hell yes!

Post 571 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Visited a "mom and pop" shop about 40 miles away I found online. My god what a find. So many silver and bronze books and fillers. Will be going back. Picked up some more for my DD run with some minor / mid keys and fillers.

Spill the beans, what's the name of the shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Just came today. Still has the shrink wrap on it.
I always get the Limited Edition Hero Initiative Hardcover.
Gotta help the artists and writers who need it.

Cheers.

That said, may I suggest buying a paperback copy off eBay next year & donating the difference directly to Hero Initiative?

You can get softbaxk Overstreets at upwards of 50% off cover.

That'd save you at least $20....and that $20 donated right to HI would net HI a bigger donation than paying full cover price for the hardback.
Post 572 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user

Post 573 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy1977
Slowly ticking off the Batman keys I’ve been wanting in the Batman 200s and Detective 400s. Just want a decent Batman 222, but probably need to pump the brakes for the rest of the year. Really thrilled about picking up this copy of ‘Tec 405.

You sound like me. The Adams Bat books are getting awkward in price. Some are still very affordable, like Bat #237 and #245 and a few of the large logo Detective issues.

I was happy when I found this last winter (can't exactly recall WHERE, though. Likely MCS) They called it a 7.0. I call it a lot better than a 7.0.

Post 574 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user

Picked up in a trade, and with walt being at baltimore this year, add it to the list of books I'll be getting signed and graded...may even get a remarque since from what I've heard he usually does them for a small donation.
Post 575 IP   flag post
@ticktocktyler
You're not wrong! Adams Batman books are increasing in price as far as I've seen. Some of the price increases seem to be driven by subject matter in the cover art as much as some key feature in the book itself. I've considered looking for a nicer Batman #222 (mine is maybe a 3.0), but that won't happen 'til I've saved up a little more cashola!
Post 576 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@ticktocktyler
You're not wrong! Adams Batman books are increasing in price as far as I've seen. Some of the price increases seem to be driven by subject matter in the cover art as much as some key feature in the book itself. I've considered looking for a nicer Batman #222 (mine is maybe a 3.0), but that won't happen 'til I've saved up a little more cashola!

They (whoever "they are" seem to be pulling rabbits out of hats, now. I see Batman #255 is now a "key". The 1st app of Anthony Lupus. Werewolf. Lupus? Little on the nose, ennit? Haha!

Those #222's are a bit aggravating. It looks like many of them didn't staple correctly on the bottom so the covers can be unattached. There are lower mid grades available then we see a few 9.4's for thousands and then nothing.

Another REALLY aggravating book is #235. An unremarkable Adams cover but the 2nd app of Ra's Al Ghul. Trying finding a nicely centered one that isn't beat to death.
Post 577 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a small collection, mostly modern stuff, but cool non the less. I'm going to break it down in a bit and post some pictures of books to see you later things of interest anybody.

Post 578 IP   flag post
@ticktocktyler
'They' like calling just about anything 'key,' right? Anthony Lupus...? Who!? Am I supposed to know/care about this guy? My bad, I guess. Just wait until 'they' finally pinpoint the first issue wherein Robin is shown barefoot! WOOT!

I see so many crunchy #222's that look a lot like mine. It'd be nice to upgrade, but it's like there's hardly anything in mid-grade. I already know I won't be affording one of those sweet copies, but come on!
I should count myself lucky that mine has the cover attached.

There are A Lot of miswraps on covers in DC books from that time! It really shows on the Batman books because so many covers are dark and the back cover is often white. It's not the nicest look!
Post 579 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
The only comic in the series that has a blue heart in the logo.

Post 580 IP   flag post
601194 999 30