Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Just bought this off eBay, paid $90

I’m happy, love the cover.

Post 526 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Dub13
Fresh from CGC.

nice. you definitely have a type!
Post 527 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
These two guys just swung in...

Post 528 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Two Gil Kane pieces
Post 529 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Hunting down original Vampi's slowly. When I see one and it's not a bad deal I'll usually grab it.

Mmmm, Bronze Age Horror

1st SA Two-Face!

Post 530 IP   flag post

Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Would be easier to stop buying if I’d stop finding deals I didn’t think I should pass up.

Post 531 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

mail call from @silveragecomicsuk ( I know it's silver age comics uk but I read it silver age comic suk) I used to have this book years ago, glad to add it back to the pc. Return of cap, Bucky, sub mariner, human torch and toro, origin of captain America
Post 532 IP   flag post
Just got all these back in from CBCS. I'm pretty pleased with all the grades and such.

2 fascimiles signed by Neal Adams. I have the GL original (though in nowhere near as good of a shape) but not the Batman.

I had sent this in to see if the grade couple be improved. It's a Harvey file copy. It got rejected from the press screen, so I just got it back in its CGC case.

Post 533 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers "...Would be easier to stop buying if I’d stop finding deals I didn’t think I should pass up"

THIS!!! x 10 - Stupid great deals!
Post 534 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

This one called to me at C2E2.
Post 535 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Joosh
WOW, that book is nice! Love the colour sketch by Sam DeLaRosa. I have a couple sketches from him and I think he does a great job.
Post 536 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@Joosh
WOW, that book is nice! Love the colour sketch by Sam DeLaRosa. I have a couple sketches from him and I think he does a great job.

I thought the same. It was a creative way of making a gimmick cover into original art. Awesome book man!
Post 537 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@Joosh

I thought the same. It was a creative way of making a gimmick cover into original art. Awesome book man!

Exactly this. The holo covers are nifty, but after you've seen a couple it's nothing more than a gimmick. As a surface for a cool sketch, though, I think they're amazing.
Post 538 IP   flag post
This came in today also. I love The Spectre, but I figure it will be a while (if ever) until I can grab his GA first appearance in More Fun Comics. But this was a pretty nice deal for his first SA appearance:

Post 539 IP   flag post
@xvipah
Key Showcase can be tough to find! Great buy!
Post 540 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

Black Adam trinity complete. I will send the marvel family 1 in, going to crack, clean, press and regrade. It's way to beautiful for a 1.8
Post 541 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
I will send the marvel family 1 in, going to crack, clean, press and regrade. It's way to beautiful for a 1.8

Yeah, it is! It doesn't present at all like such a low grade.
Post 542 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd
it's definitely worth a shot
Post 543 IP   flag post
@Batman66
I'd go for it.
Post 544 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Amazing World Of DC Comics:

These were mildly interesting as a kid to me but never bought any. This one is signed (obviously) and has a couple pages of an Adam's Superman story as well.

Aurora Comic Scenes:

I remember having the Batman-Glued-To-A-Tree model and the Incredible Hulk model with the plastic smoke puffs. Never gave much thought to keeping the booklets, though. I liked the Kubert Tarzan a lot but never had the model. Haven't seen a ton of these signed by Adams so figured I should get this one when I saw it.

I'm still bumming he died so unexpectedly. One of those guys you figured would be around forever.

Post 545 IP   flag post
Plugging along with collecting Phantom Stranger Adams covers as well. Adams covers and Aparo innards go well together.

Also have been practicing making the faces featured on the cover in the mirror and at my wife when she tells me how the the lady at the post office or a bank teller snubbed her.

Post 546 IP   flag post
I set out to collect a set of COIE 1-12 signed and somehow ended up with two complete sets. This one was exceedingly difficult to find the second time. Not paying $300 for any copy, graded or raw. Changed my search parameter from "signed" to "autograph" one day and this sole listing popped up for an astounding price. Nab!

Post 547 IP   flag post
Another Phantom Stranger Adam's cover. It's a beauty with one glaring flaw. Can you spot it?

Post 548 IP   flag post
No Adams Green Lantern Green Arrow collection can be complete without these three Flash issues + #226. Only the latter to go. Exceedingly inexpensive in higher grades and plentiful.
Post 549 IP   flag post
I like the latter day Earth-2 Batman stuff when he was a Commissioner and a ghost. I always felt he got the short end being dusted by a common punk but I suppose it was poetic. Got all these for $5. Thought that was money well spent and I haven't read the story yet.

Someone muffed the Spectre's command on the cover of issue 2, I see.

Post 550 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
Another Phantom Stranger Adam's cover. It's a beauty with one glaring flaw. Can you spot it?

four fingers per hand on the central figure
Post 551 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler

four fingers per hand on the central figure

Yeah, that's one of them that wasn't quite as glaring to me. The HooDoo Man has hands like a clawfoot bathtub for sure. There is another......
Post 552 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
This one to replace a well loved copy I bought as a kid

This one to fill a hole in my inferno story line (somehow missed getting it back in the 80s)

Post 553 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@ticktocktyler Love this Phantom Strangers. Really nice.
Post 554 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

This is my 5th copy, it was too cheap to pass up and I've got a problem with this book it seems.

Post 555 IP   flag post
601333 999 30