Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

Collector ShadowFan private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd Topps put them out when the movie came out in 1994. I didn't know much about them until I saw the box by chance at SDCC this year.
Post 501 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@ShadowFan
Makes sense. Shame the movie wasn't better.
Post 502 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

secured a deal for these two books. Coming from Canada so it takes about a week to get here. I don't think I've ever bought a book with movie hype but I think black Adam is here to stay for a while, cool character. The New York world's fair 1939 (1st app if the sandman and blonde Superman) has tear seals, I might send it in to have them removed, if I do, highly likely it will lose the mt Rainer on the label. Hero restoration will not remove tear seals so it will have to go to cgc.
Post 503 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
7"W x 11"T Walmart exclusive.

Post 504 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome additions!

My personal opinion, keep the amateur conservation in place. It can always be removed in the future…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

secured a deal for these two books. Coming from Canada so it takes about a week to get here. I don't think I've ever bought a book with movie hype but I think black Adam is here to stay for a while, cool character. The New York world's fair 1939 (1st app if the sandman and blonde Superman) has tear seals, I might send it in to have them removed, if I do, highly likely it will lose the mt Rainer on the label. Hero restoration will not remove tear seals so it will have to go to cgc.
Post 505 IP   flag post

Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Some more Bernie goodness. Need to run these through the new lab to clean them up a little for the PC. Nicest Web of Horror I've seen in a minute.

Post 506 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Its Miller Time.

Post 507 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Got Batman 221 and 287 from Doug Sulipa. It was my first time buying from him, and I would definitely buy from him again. Got the two slabs from the MCS Prime auction. Unfortunately, the side corner of the Batman 608 is cracked and the Dark Victory has some sort of residue on the inside of the case (I thought it was on the outside when bidding). So both need reholders. Such is life, I guess.

Post 508 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy1977
Got Batman 221 and 287 from Doug Sulipa. It was my first time buying from him, and I would definitely buy from him again.

Doug Sulipa has always been a stand-up guy the times I've bought from him in the past. His website may be awful but he's a good dealer.
Post 509 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Got my express plus cbcs submission back today. Super happy with this grade and book. Thanks again to @batman66 for the trade and super accurate grading

Post 510 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

mail call, nothing exciting
Post 511 IP   flag post
@Enelson that sure came back fast, super happy for you
Post 512 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Fresh from CGC. These modern books only took 37 business days.

Post 513 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
@El_Dub13 was that just standard grading tat?
Post 514 IP   flag post
Just got this CPV book. Can't complain!

Post 515 IP   flag post
Collector El_Dub13 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
@El_Dub13 was that just standard grading tat?
Yes. Just standard.
Post 516 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 517 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user

Got this in a trade for another slab that I had no attachment to. Given that Shooter is charging like 50 or more for a witnessed sig now, it was well worth it. Will probably be adding 2 sigs to it this fall.
Post 518 IP   flag post
@Sebastsk8
That's a great trade! Consider getting a press for that book and see if you can bump the grade up.
Post 519 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd if CCS wasn't taking so long I'd consider it. May look into what 3rd party shops will be there and see if I can get it witnessed and pressed by them before being sent off for grading.
Post 520 IP   flag post
@Sebastsk8
Very worthy point about CCS. Their TATs are pretty out of line. Hopefully the new and more spacious location will help get things moving better.
Post 521 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing crazy, but a replacement to one I let go. My Godzilla knowledge is jack squat, but I do know I love this cover.

Post 522 IP   flag post
@HeinzDad
Nice book! I Godzilla!!!

My Godzilla & Gamera movie collection:

Post 523 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Hasn't gotten here yet, but I bought this for myself as a birthday present. Probably paid too much, but I wanted it. I have a weak spot for DC war books.

Post 524 IP   flag post
Collector Skcatch private msg quote post Address this user
@El_Dub13 Awesome books, congrats on the grades(all sick covers). I grabbed a couple of them Speechless books is myself, passed on the nude cover but managed to get a lava foil cover.
Post 525 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Just bought this off eBay, paid $90

I’m happy, love the cover.

Post 526 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Dub13
Fresh from CGC.

nice. you definitely have a type!
Post 527 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
These two guys just swung in...

Post 528 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Two Gil Kane pieces
Post 529 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Hunting down original Vampi's slowly. When I see one and it's not a bad deal I'll usually grab it.

Mmmm, Bronze Age Horror

1st SA Two-Face!

Post 530 IP   flag post
600838 999 30