Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
On the topic of creators' first published work. Frank Miller's Twilight Zone Gold Key book is a fun one to look out for. I've only held beat copies in person.

I remember turning down a coverless rag of that book a while back and I've kicked myself ever since.
Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Visited a "mom and pop" shop about 40 miles away I found online. My god what a find. So many silver and bronze books and fillers. Will be going back. Picked up some more for my DD run with some minor / mid keys and fillers.

Post 477 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Hit 3 shops today. Lots of DD picked up.

I was a tweenie when I bought #127 off the shelf, so naturally I had to search around for #126. Back then, you needed to do a lot of searching. But it was so much fun. Whenever I found what I was looking for, I felt like James Cagney ... "Top of world, Ma!"

Post 478 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Just came today. Still has the shrink wrap on it.
I always get the Limited Edition Hero Initiative Hardcover.
Gotta help the artists and writers who need it.

Post 479 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Latest addition to my ASM collection thanks to @starlord.

Post 480 IP   flag post

being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 481 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up some Drek today.

Used to have the Evolutionary war.
Read it when it came out and I'll read it again.

Picked up these issue 1s after reading the lost universes in the Overstreet.

Post 482 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Low risk high reward. Paid a little over grading fees

Post 483 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Not exactly mint, but the price was right. And I think a press and clean will do it a world of good.

Interesting printing error - the bottom staple missed the first couple of folds.

Post 484 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

I hit another Instagram Raffle...not a book that was even on my list....but I ain't mad at it
Post 485 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson On behalf of all those who’ve entered contests and raffles and never won a single book - you suck.

But seriously, congratulations. Nice get!
Post 486 IP   flag post
@CatCovers @Enelson
Yeah, I gotta agree on both counts.
Post 487 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
The what if is just for my black suit collection, the asm 93 I like the cover and it was basically the same price as just paying for grading fees - we'll see if chasms first appearance means anything sooner or later.

Post 488 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
Not exactly mint, but the price was right. And I think a press and clean will do it a world of good.

Interesting printing error - the bottom staple missed the first couple of folds.

I remember buying a copy from my LCS way back in 01' for 450.00 (that was full overtsreet NM price at the time).
It had 4 signatures on the splash page, one was Stan Lee. I got it graded at CGC and Borock gave it a 9.4. Had Blue label. I sold it for something like 1,000.00 at comiclink in 04'. Really wish I had it back lol....
Post 489 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user

Post 490 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user

Post 491 IP   flag post

Post 492 IP   flag post

Post 493 IP   flag post

Post 494 IP   flag post

Post 495 IP   flag post
I got this one because I used to buy Tomb Raider comics for my daughter and they got destroyed along with the rest of a long box. If any one remembers Tower Records, you will note an add for them on the lower right corner of this comic.

Post 496 IP   flag post
Collector ShadowFan private msg quote post Address this user
Just the most recent pickups. Debating leaving the box of cards sealed or opening them. Cards aren't usually my thing but couldn't resist this pickup.

Post 497 IP   flag post
@ShadowFan
Those are so nice! That G.A. Shadow is fantastic!

PS: I'd leave the cards unopened. They're not my thing either, and the only reason I would have them would be to sell them one day. You can probably find a website or something that would have the art for you to check out.
Post 498 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd Thanks! I'm trying build a complete run of the GA Shadow comics. Have a while to go to complete it tho.

I did some digging around and found out I can get packs of the cards on Ebay for relatively cheap. Might just get those and open them to build a set while leaving this box sealed.
Post 499 IP   flag post
@ShadowFan
The Shadow has such a great history. You should post some of your G.A. Shadow - I'm sure they look amazing.

Good idea about the cards, too. Cards aren't my thing, so I didn't even know that Topps had a set of Shadow cards.
Post 500 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd Topps put them out when the movie came out in 1994. I didn't know much about them until I saw the box by chance at SDCC this year.
Post 501 IP   flag post
@ShadowFan
Makes sense. Shame the movie wasn't better.
Post 502 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

secured a deal for these two books. Coming from Canada so it takes about a week to get here. I don't think I've ever bought a book with movie hype but I think black Adam is here to stay for a while, cool character. The New York world's fair 1939 (1st app if the sandman and blonde Superman) has tear seals, I might send it in to have them removed, if I do, highly likely it will lose the mt Rainer on the label. Hero restoration will not remove tear seals so it will have to go to cgc.
Post 503 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
7"W x 11"T Walmart exclusive.

Post 504 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome additions!

My personal opinion, keep the amateur conservation in place. It can always be removed in the future…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

secured a deal for these two books. Coming from Canada so it takes about a week to get here. I don't think I've ever bought a book with movie hype but I think black Adam is here to stay for a while, cool character. The New York world's fair 1939 (1st app if the sandman and blonde Superman) has tear seals, I might send it in to have them removed, if I do, highly likely it will lose the mt Rainer on the label. Hero restoration will not remove tear seals so it will have to go to cgc.
Post 505 IP   flag post
600893 999 30