Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
@Byrdibyrd yeah it's a solid mid grade book sold for that low. I couldn't believe the price this guy was asking for all three books.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
Just came today(the raw books in front), just finalized another pickup of asm 316 that looks extremely clean and should have my 2 copies of wolverine 2 tomorrow.

Post 27 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Nice! Why did it get “qualified”? Is the stamp not verifiable? Would cbcs hit the grade for the stamp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I received this today after only seeing the front cover. The spider stamp is there!

Post 28 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Signature on his right leg under the comic book price
Post 29 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Signature on his right leg under the comic book price
oh yes. I forgot they were signed👍🏻
Post 30 IP   flag post

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
This came today.

Post 31 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
My first Mark Jewelers. Just picked up an old Spidey in decent shape from a non-comic store and was surprised when I got home.

And grabbed the best $2 copy of X-Men 1 they had.

Post 32 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjagnew
My first Mark Jewelers. Just picked up an old Spidey in decent shape from a non-comic store and was surprised when I got home.

Mark Jeweler is my favorite variant. I had kind of a visceral reaction when I read the details of the ad and saw the payment plan was twice monthly (presumably payday). So tangibly symbolic of these 18 year old soldiers away from home for the first time, making their first big purchase on payment plans. I'm sure the jewelry was a rip-off but it's still a great part of comic book history. I wonder if there was ever a more successful advertising campaign in comic books.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few Mark Jewelers, and those and price variants are some of my favourites. I wish I could find some that aren't thrashed! I can't think of any of my Mark Jewelers that aren't pretty beat up.
Post 34 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
This arrived today.

Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Been working on replacing some Batman keys I sold a couple years ago. Nothing too high grade but present pretty nice, IMO. First four books will be on their way to CBCS for grading later this year.

Post 36 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977
Great stuff. The Riddler book is the only one I’ve ever owned but I would enjoy owning any of those.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector obrie2tm private msg quote post Address this user

Placed my pre-order for the new Zatanna statue out next year.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
NF Comicon pickup!!

Huntress by Joe Staton

And a few random Star Wars books...only 7 more and I'm done the full run!!!
Post 39 IP   flag post
@KatKomics What a fantastic haul! That Huntress sketch is cool.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@KatKomics What a fantastic haul! That Huntress sketch is cool.

My coffers are bare but I can scrape some coin together for olde timey creators!!

Now to save for an August convention...
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
My coffers are bare but I can scrape some coin together for olde timey creators!!

WORD!!
Post 42 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

well the stars aligned up for this to happen. I was eyeing this book from the owner earlier this year, he sold it on heritage but the buyer didn't pay. I sold a lot of books on that last collection. Struck a deal for this dual signed copy by two major legends infantino and kubert. Just wow, so stoked to get this book. I'll have it in hand hopefully Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. How awesome is that. Question is, do I send it in to get the yellow label verified signature label or leave as is.
Post 43 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

the sc4 will pair nicely with my infantino sketch
Post 44 IP   flag post
@Batman66 WOW!!!
Post 45 IP   flag post
@Batman66 incredible on the sketch and the SC4!!!

If you're confident those signatures will pass verification then I would go for the yellow/verified label. 🍻
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@Batman66 incredible on the sketch and the SC4!!!

If you're confident those signatures will pass verification then I would go for the yellow/verified label. 🍻

Totally agree. If you have questions about the signatures, send it to Beckett for authentication to make sure.
Post 47 IP   flag post
@GAC @Byrdibyrd thanks guys, not worried about signatures being legit, typically if cgc agrees the sigs are authentic they will say "infantino written on cover" or whoever/whatever. If they don't think it's authentic will say "name written on cover" I've seen enough of them, they look legit to me. My biggest concern is the coupon cut out, would it come back a .5, incomplete? That's why I hesitate.
Post 48 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I am pretty sure I bid on and nearly won that book to add a second SC4…

Awesome pickup and if you ever feel like letting it go, let me know ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

well the stars aligned up for this to happen. I was eyeing this book from the owner earlier this year, he sold it on heritage but the buyer didn't pay. I sold a lot of books on that last collection. Struck a deal for this dual signed copy by two major legends infantino and kubert. Just wow, so stoked to get this book. I'll have it in hand hopefully Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. How awesome is that. Question is, do I send it in to get the yellow label verified signature label or leave as is.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I have a few Mark Jewelers, and those and price variants are some of my favourites. I wish I could find some that aren't thrashed! I can't think of any of my Mark Jewelers that aren't pretty beat up.

Or if you are me, you wish you never removed the ads from your comic as a kid. My MJV are in high grade minus my careful extraction of the ad. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Quote:

Or if you are me, you wish you never removed the ads from your comic as a kid. My MJV are in high grade minus my careful extraction of the ad. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Ouch! The folly of youth...
Post 51 IP   flag post

@Davethebrave If your interested in this copy for 10,800. It's available until tomorrow, if not it's getting shipped out tomorrow afternoon
Post 52 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 53 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
waiting for a small box from cgc

Star Wars #1 CGC 5.0

i purchased a small but nice collection of comics from the 1970's and had a run of star wars comics

only paid about $70 for the batch of about 100 comics
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
I learned a lesson on the vagaries of bound volumes recently. I almost passed on this bound Looney Tunes collection covering the year 1960. It is volume 19, covering issues 219-230. I already have in my collection a volume 19, but the issue numbers are 217-228. The new volume has a rounded spine, while the other volume has what is called a “floating spine”, a different binding type used for volumes that would receive heavier usage. When I looked into the reason for the discrepancy in issue numbers I found that back around 1959 Dell decided to change their binding schedule to go by calendar year. Previous LT sets were bound Nov-Oct, not Jan-Dec. However, Western Publishing was a massive enterprise, with many physical locations across the country. The policy wasn’t universally implemented in an expedient fashion throughout the company, meaning that there were 2 variations on the 1959 sets. The rounded spine (editorial) sets for 1959 contain all the 1959 issues plus Nov and Dec 1958. The floaters for that year contained only Nov-Oct 1958/ 1959, same with the 1959/60 sets. The biggest problem is that by 1961 everyone was compliant with the updated policy, so ALL of the Vol. 20s (the final volume of the run) contain issues 231-242. In other words, if I didn’t pick up this rounded spine set, my bound collection would be forever missing issues 229 and 230. Sorry if that explanation was a bit long. On to the good stuff!

Post 55 IP   flag post
601196 999 30