Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 451 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 452 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
So, I bought my first PGX book. Not something I ever look for, as my pal @SteveBorock always warns people not to do. But the book looks at least a 9.4. There's a tiny 1'16" spine tick that breaks color at the top left corner and two tiny non color breaking spine ticks at the top staple.
And for 22.11 tax & shipping out the door for a beautiful black cover swampy, was a no brainer.
Some day I will crack it out, press it and have CBCS slab it up. So how did I do?

Post 453 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
So, I bought my first PGX book. Not something I ever look for, as my pal @SteveBorock always warns people not to do. But the book looks at least a 9.4. There's a tiny 1'16" spine tick that breaks color at the top left corner and two tiny non color breaking spine ticks at the top staple.
And for 22.11 tax & shipping out the door for a beautiful black cover swampy, was a no brainer.
Some day I will crack it out, press it and have CBCS slab it up. So how did I do?

Fan-stinking-tastic!
Post 454 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I'll tell you all right now, this is one of the best things I've ever received and I am not worthy.....

Post 455 IP   flag post

Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I'll tell you all right now, this is one of the best things I've ever received and I am not worthy.....

Was this done by THE Flanders? Our Flanders???
Post 456 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad
That is beautiful!! LOL!!!
Post 457 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
Quote:

Are they not one and the same? 🍻
Post 458 IP   flag post
Hit 3 shops today. Lots of DD picked up.

Post 459 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

The one and only...
Post 460 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Very very cool indeed!! @Flanders heart of gold brother!! 🍻
Post 461 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

The one and only...

Well then sir…. That is an EXCEPTIONAL piece of art. I think it tops the famed Venom cover.
Post 462 IP   flag post
Don't forget, Thats Heinz's first appearance....
Post 463 IP   flag post
Quote:
Don't forget, Thats Heinz's first appearance....

First cover appearance to be sure, but is this a 1st cameo or 1st full? Or is it just 1st cover? Enquiring minds want to know.
Post 464 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
The Heinz variant is friggin awesome!!
Post 465 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Spider Woman books seem to be a theme, so I'll share this newsie I picked up. 1st app of Siryn. Daughter of Banshee former love interest of Deadpool.

Putting together a collection of Deadpool supporting cast/rogues gallery.

Post 466 IP   flag post
@Hcanes
WOW, nice copy, and a newsstand edition, too! Puts mine to shame.
Post 467 IP   flag post
Another forum inspired purchase:

Post 468 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd thanks!!!

It was a pain to find on Doug's website. The only website to make Mile High's look modern
Post 469 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia my wallet hates when that happens. @Flanders Toddfather spidey stamped Spiderman 1 caused me to go out on a hunt until I found a copy.

This one has been on my list...but...must show restraint.
Post 470 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
The only website to make Mile High's look modern

OUCH! Especially in light of how Mile High is very much NOT known for being updated and user-friendly.
Post 471 IP   flag post
@Hcanes I'm coming up on my 3 year anniversary of joining this forum. I do question what my collection would look like if I had not joined the forum 3 years ago. I would say that 75% of my purchases were inspired by some conversation or picture that I saw here. Even the other 25% were probably some derivative of that inspiration.
Post 472 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:

OUCH! Especially in light of how Mile High is very much NOT known for being updated and user-friendly.

lol!! Doug's website is brutal. You have to search using CTRL-H...he does have an eBay store though.
Post 473 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:

lol!! Doug's website is brutal. You have to search using CTRL-H...he does have an eBay store though.

Post 474 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@Hcanes I'm coming up on my 3 year anniversary of joining this forum. I do question what my collection would look like if I had not joined the forum 3 years ago. I would say that 75% of my purchases were inspired by some conversation or picture that I saw here. Even the other 25% were probably some derivative of that inspiration.

I agree. That's also the fun part, discovering something new in a hobby we all enjoy.

On the topic of creators' first published work. Frank Miller's Twilight Zone Gold Key book is a fun one to look out for. I've only held beat copies in person.
Post 475 IP   flag post
Quote:
On the topic of creators' first published work. Frank Miller's Twilight Zone Gold Key book is a fun one to look out for. I've only held beat copies in person.

I remember turning down a coverless rag of that book a while back and I've kicked myself ever since.
Post 476 IP   flag post
Visited a "mom and pop" shop about 40 miles away I found online. My god what a find. So many silver and bronze books and fillers. Will be going back. Picked up some more for my DD run with some minor / mid keys and fillers.

Post 477 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier2Xterra
Hit 3 shops today. Lots of DD picked up.

I was a tweenie when I bought #127 off the shelf, so naturally I had to search around for #126. Back then, you needed to do a lot of searching. But it was so much fun. Whenever I found what I was looking for, I felt like James Cagney ... "Top of world, Ma!"

Post 478 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Just came today. Still has the shrink wrap on it.
I always get the Limited Edition Hero Initiative Hardcover.
Gotta help the artists and writers who need it.

Post 479 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Latest addition to my ASM collection thanks to @starlord.

Post 480 IP   flag post
601524 999 30