Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan
You never pass on yard sales if comics are being sold. Cut a meal or two out during the week.

I've heard they pay good money for your spare kidney... Just a thought.
Post 401 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Galen130 - Where do you live? Next time, let me know when you see a yard sale with comics and I will take care of it for you.

Much appreciated, but I’m in Colorado. 🤣🤣
Post 402 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Dollar bin winnings.

Post 403 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
@Galen130 unfortunately my issue is I don't have time to go looking at yard sales due to my wife being at work and the 2 little ones to drag around 😐

Sorta in the same boat…we've got 6 critters to take care of and the vet has cost us money the last couple weeks. 😕
Post 404 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan
You never pass on yard sales if comics are being sold. Cut a meal or two out during the week.

I've heard they pay good money for your spare kidney... Just a thought.

Already gave one up…they won’t take the other one. Not sure why…
Post 405 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I made a big exchange of Drek with @Studley_Dudley. Here’s Part 1.

Post 406 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
The guy I bought all those pulps from got back in touch with me. I bought more pulps, I'll show those in a few. But, he also had Spawn 1-3 available. I was missing 2 & 3 for some reason for my run of 1-26. So I got to complete that. And while I have a Spawn #1 slabbed 9.6 from CBCS - this one is signed. He got it signed himself when it first came out. So I had to grab it. I think it's in fantastic condition, at least a 9.4/9.6. Might be a 9.8, but I'm never willing to commit to that cause it seems to be somewhat nebulous and I'm never good at determining those things. Plus it does look like the top left corner is a little rounded. I will be sending this to CBCS in the very near future for sig verification, etc... I have a couple of McFarlane signed Spawn comics. But they're both in the 200's. I really wanted a significant one and I don't think it gets much more significant than this one for McFarlane.

And here's 2 & 3. Sorry for the glare. I forgot to take the pictures before I put them in mylar and I was too lazy to take them back out

Post 407 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Got these in today, first up Shazam 2 with an interesting picture cover. I think I’ve mentioned that Within the last 2 or 3 years I’ve become more interested in a larger variety of comics. The Marvel Family has been one of them. It's the 1st full appearance of Tawny The Talking Tiger, and it has an Infinity cover-Neato.

Post 408 IP   flag post
Superman 229 - thought Suoes looked near in his bat-cape/wings

Post 409 IP   flag post
Shazam 3, iconic cover and it fills a hole in my collection

Post 410 IP   flag post
TMNT Michaelangelo 1, growing my TMNT collection with Mirage Studios comics.

Post 411 IP   flag post
Eternals 2 is a gap filler, I missed it when it came out in ‘76

Post 412 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I bought these the other day. Dazzler is such a babe.

Thank you to @Nearmint67 for the Team-Up 54

I did a big trade with @esaravo as well. Thanks for everything, it was great as always!

Post 413 IP   flag post
Marge’s Little Lulu 81 from 1955. It was just a great deal and amazing (to me) condition for a book that’s 67 years old.

Post 414 IP   flag post
Hot Stuff 99, I got this because of it’s amazing condition and it takes me back to a carefree time.

Post 415 IP   flag post
Star Wars 1 Reprint - got his because I missed it also when it came out and a 1st print Costs more than what I am comfortable spending.

Post 416 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s the rest of my stuff from @Studley_Dudley.

Post 417 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post 418 IP   flag post
Just got this via Fed-Ex

What's in the box...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHpHxLZReiI

What's in the box

What's in the box???

Post 419 IP   flag post
1st bundle

I usually mix some new with some bronze and copper in my submissions

And a 2nd copy of;

2nd bundle soon...
Post 420 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 Those are such nice books!
Post 421 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd
Yeah, a few are going in the PC. Most will be for sale soon.
Post 422 IP   flag post
2nd bundle has more than 1 copy of some.

Post 423 IP   flag post
Another haul from my "guy". Still sorting through the regular pulps, but this was some extra stuff he threw in:

Some older treasury sized pulps:

And he dropped in some old 50's and 60's Sci-Fi magazines:

Some 50's digests. One of these has a Conan story written by Robert E. Howard an L. Sprague DeCamp. I'm a bit intrigued.

Post 424 IP   flag post
And here's the pulps. Another pretty good haul, prolly 40-50 pulps or so. These are ones I'm definitely selling, along with the magazines from above.

These I'm not sure about yet:

And these I'm definitely keeping unless I have dupes:

Post 425 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Death and return of Superman omnibus is huge.
Post 426 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
I got a upgrade from my 4.5 graded copy.
Post 427 IP   flag post
I really like delivery people... They always bring me things lol...
They brought me these on Friday.

9.6//9.8

Post 428 IP   flag post
Just got these in, I love me some cool Bronze Age horror covers. The Sports Illustrated is kinda cool, though I should have paid more attention and seen the size of it, I was not expecting that

And, low grade or not, happy to have that SS cover in my PC.

Post 429 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@xvipah
Nothing wrong with vintage Sports Illustrated!
Post 430 IP   flag post
601497 999 30