Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Knocked a few books off the want list. Now if I could just get better at taking pictures…

Post 376 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Nice books! Love those great Detectives.
Post 377 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 I'd take them out of the plastic bag, then take a photo of them during the day in natural light and the photos come out fine.
Post 378 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 I would also recommend going straight over the top from about 2ft away and then cropping the photo.
Post 379 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross @BrianGreensnips Appreciate it! Yeah, I need to start taking pictures before putting them in their new mylar homes.

@Byrdibyrd Thanks! Been looking for a nice copy of 'Tec 395 for awhile. I'd put it at about a 7.0. Got these in an auction, and I was surprised how nice the 'Tec 377 was. That's probably about an 8.0. At some point I'll have them pressed and graded but waiting for TATs to improve.
Post 380 IP   flag post

Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Love that all-too-rare feeling when the LCS has new Golden Age books to sell.

Post 381 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Two books arrived today off Figment.

Post 382 IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user

Checked a biggie off the wantblist thanks to a trade with @batman66
Thanks a ton Gary!
Post 383 IP   flag post
And a couple other recent books I shared other places but not here... the tank girl i had been trying to get for YEARS!!!

Post 384 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson GREAT job on getting that Deadline!!!! That's awesome!!
Post 385 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Thanks- I kept searching for one and I finally took a gamble on an ebay auction from a UK seller. It's not mint by any stretch, bit it's a side mid grade copy
Post 386 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Thanks- I kept searching for one and I finally took a gamble on an ebay auction from a UK seller. It's not mint by any stretch, bit it's a side mid grade copy

From what I've seen, that's about the only way to get one.
Post 387 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Some Lady Death that I got in today:

Post 388 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

got this in the mail yesterday from @Enelson. Trade worked out great, thanks Ed
Post 389 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm kinda liking these team up issues, good thing my lcs has a ton left still in their dollar bins..

Post 390 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Actually just the GSX1 but the only pic I have taken is of the two together.

Post 391 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Some recent acquisitions from @Darkseid_of_town.

Post 392 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user

Post 393 IP   flag post

Post 394 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
been playing catch up. bought a lot of in between recent issues (like if I needed 20-30 on. got 24, 27, 28 I needed at convention. so filled in gaps) most recent was amazing spider-man #93 (1st appearance of Ben Reilly as Chasm)
Post 395 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
I’m seeing a lot of great stuff here lately…reminds me that I can’t afford to do yard sales right now because of the higher cost of EVERYTHING!! 🤬

I had to pass on two local yard sales where comics were being sold…😫😫😫

Post 396 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
You never pass on yard sales if comics are being sold. Cut a meal or two out during the week.
Post 397 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
I’m already cutting one or two meals a day…not making things better. 🤣🤣🤣
Post 398 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Galen130 - Where do you live? Next time, let me know when you see a yard sale with comics and I will take care of it for you.
Post 399 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
@Galen130 unfortunately my issue is I don't have time to go looking at yard sales due to my wife being at work and the 2 little ones to drag around 😐
Post 400 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan
You never pass on yard sales if comics are being sold. Cut a meal or two out during the week.

I've heard they pay good money for your spare kidney... Just a thought.
Post 401 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Galen130 - Where do you live? Next time, let me know when you see a yard sale with comics and I will take care of it for you.

Much appreciated, but I’m in Colorado. 🤣🤣
Post 402 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Dollar bin winnings.

Post 403 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
@Galen130 unfortunately my issue is I don't have time to go looking at yard sales due to my wife being at work and the 2 little ones to drag around 😐

Sorta in the same boat…we've got 6 critters to take care of and the vet has cost us money the last couple weeks. 😕
Post 404 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan

I've heard they pay good money for your spare kidney... Just a thought.

Already gave one up…they won’t take the other one. Not sure why…
Post 405 IP   flag post
600788 999 30