CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

New to Your Collection #1417728

How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Knocked a few books off the want list. Now if I could just get better at taking pictures…











Post 376 • IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Nice books! Love those great Detectives.
Post 377 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 I'd take them out of the plastic bag, then take a photo of them during the day in natural light and the photos come out fine.
Post 378 • IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 I would also recommend going straight over the top from about 2ft away and then cropping the photo.
Post 379 • IP   flag post
How do I know this? Because I've done it myself. lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross @BrianGreensnips Appreciate it! Yeah, I need to start taking pictures before putting them in their new mylar homes.

@Byrdibyrd Thanks! Been looking for a nice copy of 'Tec 395 for awhile. I'd put it at about a 7.0. Got these in an auction, and I was surprised how nice the 'Tec 377 was. That's probably about an 8.0. At some point I'll have them pressed and graded but waiting for TATs to improve.
Post 380 • IP   flag post


Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Love that all-too-rare feeling when the LCS has new Golden Age books to sell.


Post 381 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Two books arrived today off Figment.




Post 382 • IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user



Checked a biggie off the wantblist thanks to a trade with @batman66
Thanks a ton Gary!
Post 383 • IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
And a couple other recent books I shared other places but not here... the tank girl i had been trying to get for YEARS!!!


Post 384 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Enelson GREAT job on getting that Deadline!!!! That's awesome!!
Post 385 • IP   flag post
Collector Enelson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Enelson GREAT job on getting that Deadline!!!! That's awesome!!

Thanks- I kept searching for one and I finally took a gamble on an ebay auction from a UK seller. It's not mint by any stretch, bit it's a side mid grade copy
Post 386 • IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@Enelson GREAT job on getting that Deadline!!!! That's awesome!!

Thanks- I kept searching for one and I finally took a gamble on an ebay auction from a UK seller. It's not mint by any stretch, bit it's a side mid grade copy


From what I've seen, that's about the only way to get one.
Post 387 • IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Some Lady Death that I got in today:


Post 388 • IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

got this in the mail yesterday from @Enelson. Trade worked out great, thanks Ed
Post 389 • IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm kinda liking these team up issues, good thing my lcs has a ton left still in their dollar bins..

Post 390 • IP   flag post
I'm sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Actually just the GSX1 but the only pic I have taken is of the two together.

Post 391 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Some recent acquisitions from @Darkseid_of_town.








Post 392 • IP   flag post
Don't tell me what to do! starlord private msg quote post Address this user



Post 393 • IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user








Post 394 • IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
been playing catch up. bought a lot of in between recent issues (like if I needed 20-30 on. got 24, 27, 28 I needed at convention. so filled in gaps) most recent was amazing spider-man #93 (1st appearance of Ben Reilly as Chasm)
Post 395 • IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
I’m seeing a lot of great stuff here lately…reminds me that I can’t afford to do yard sales right now because of the higher cost of EVERYTHING!! 🤬

I had to pass on two local yard sales where comics were being sold…😫😫😫


Post 396 • IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
You never pass on yard sales if comics are being sold. Cut a meal or two out during the week.
Post 397 • IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
I’m already cutting one or two meals a day…not making things better. 🤣🤣🤣
Post 398 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Galen130 - Where do you live? Next time, let me know when you see a yard sale with comics and I will take care of it for you.
Post 399 • IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
@Galen130 unfortunately my issue is I don't have time to go looking at yard sales due to my wife being at work and the 2 little ones to drag around 😐
Post 400 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan
You never pass on yard sales if comics are being sold. Cut a meal or two out during the week.


I've heard they pay good money for your spare kidney... Just a thought.
Post 401 • IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Galen130 - Where do you live? Next time, let me know when you see a yard sale with comics and I will take care of it for you.


Much appreciated, but I’m in Colorado. 🤣🤣
Post 402 • IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Dollar bin winnings.

















Post 403 • IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastsk8
@Galen130 unfortunately my issue is I don't have time to go looking at yard sales due to my wife being at work and the 2 little ones to drag around 😐


Sorta in the same boat…we've got 6 critters to take care of and the vet has cost us money the last couple weeks. 😕
Post 404 • IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan
You never pass on yard sales if comics are being sold. Cut a meal or two out during the week.


I've heard they pay good money for your spare kidney... Just a thought.


Already gave one up…they won’t take the other one. Not sure why…
Post 405 • IP   flag post
657131 999 30