Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Box o X-Men stuff....

Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
2nd gambit and first white queen , Nice!
Post 327 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Well my peeps....this is it...the last box...all of the stuff my wife claimed.
A whole box of Wonder Women stuff
If you saw anything in my others pics that caught your eye drop me a PM. I might be willing to let some stuff go for the right price

Post 328 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user

Post 329 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
I've always preferred a purple suit but black might be something...
Post 330 IP   flag post

Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
Box o X-Men stuff....

My favorite box so far
Post 331 IP   flag post
Ok so I definitely have a problem 😅
I just finished going through the last collection I picked up.
Just got home with this.....
The guy was super cool and had an awesome setup in his garage. Also it was a good deal 👌

Post 332 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@MutantMania I don't see any problem. 😁
Post 333 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
At this point, I’m sure @MutantMania owns numerous storage lockers!
Post 334 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@MutantMania
To what problem are you referring? That I'm really Really jealous because I don't find such niftiness? I think that's my problem, not yours.
Post 335 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O thank you for the support 🙏

@HeinzDad actually only one... a 10' x 10' climate controlled unit. About half is stacked almost to the ceiling though 😉

@Byrdibyrd it is like a drug 🤪🤪
I got nothing for almost two years and now two within a month of each other.
Post 336 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 337 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 338 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
These two just walked in the door.
Got a few more to open yet.

Post 339 IP   flag post
A few more flew in.

Post 340 IP   flag post

Post 341 IP   flag post
@WMorse always loved that cover.
Post 342 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 343 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I’m home, sick with a particularly nasty flu (not COVID according to 2 doctors & 5 negative tests, but ya could have fooled me).

I’m now on four prescriptions, and we had to come home after one day of a vacation we’ve had on the books for 6 months. But this ain’t no pity party.

To help myself feel better, I pulled the trigger on another one of these.

The first prints are getting harder & harder to find. And if not for the small tear on the right side, this one would grade high.

Post 344 IP   flag post

Post 345 IP   flag post
#notasuit
Post 346 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Some cool stuff I won from MCS auction last week, and some stuff I just bought:

Another Ace Comics, I keep finding them 1 by 1:

Frankenstein Monster #1:

Also got 3 slabs, all old CGC labels/cases and different pedigrees. CBCS recognizes CGC pedigrees right, if I wanted to send them in to be regraded, possibly pressed?

Metal Men #16 - Twin Cities:

Legion of Super Heroes #262 - Mile High II:

Dynamo #2 - Western Penn:

Post 347 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@xvipah - CBCS does recognize CGC pedigreed slabs. However, neither company recognizes the Mile High II collection as a pedigree. From my recollection, it was a warehouse stash of around 1.5 million books that were reportedly supposed to have been destroyed. So I don’t think CBCS would put it on the label.

PS - Nice books!
Post 348 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@xvipah - CBCS does recognize CGC pedigreed slabs. However, neither company recognizes the Mile High II collection as a pedigree. From my recollection, it was a warehouse stash of around 1.5 million books that were reportedly supposed to have been destroyed. So I don’t think CBCS would put it on the label.

PS - Nice books!

I can confirm.
I sent in a Mile High II copy to CBCS last year. DC Comics Presents # 1 with the COA.
It came back blue label with no mention of the Mile High II Pedigree.
So I called my Pal Borock and asked why. He told me the same thing. So all of the CGC books you might see out there that say Mile High II on the label. Just means it came from that warehouse stash. Not a true Pedigree. So I don't buy those for the Pedigree status anymore. Only buy for condition and price.
Post 349 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Got it, good to know, thanks for the clarification on that. I was wondering why it was so cheap

I'll prolly keep that one in its current slab then, since it does say Mile High II on it. And it has a COA with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

PS - Nice books!

I can confirm.
I sent in a Mile High II copy to CBCS last year. DC Comics Presents # 1 with the COA.
It came back blue label with no mention of the Mile High II Pedigree.
So I called my Pal Borock and asked why. He told me the same thing. So all of the CGC books you might see out there that say Mile High II on the label. Just means it came from that warehouse stash. Not a true Pedigree. So I don't buy those for the Pedigree status anymore. Only buy for condition and price.
Post 350 IP   flag post

Post 351 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra Chew was such a fun read.
Post 352 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Purchased for cover price 1988.
34 years later, a press, a grade; and I'd say it was a smart purchase on that day in '88.

Post 353 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
34 years later, a press, a grade; and I'd say it was a smart purchase on that day in '88.

Tough to find in 9.8. It’s worth a pretty penny in that condition. Congratulations!
Post 354 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

Killer book and very cool that it was kept in such high grade for all these years! 🍻
Post 355 IP   flag post
597868 999 30