Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Margie doesn't need any guns.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Thought this was lost, but finally arrived after delivery hell. Thankful for honest people.

Picked up this beauty right before the Black Adam trailer dropped.

Reprints the 1st appearance of Black Adam and a clean copy of a DC 100 page giant.

Post 252 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Hcanes Gorgeous copy! Tough to find that nice with such a dark cover.
Post 253 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
@Hcanes how did you know?

Post 254 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
@Hcanes how did you know?

😂

Better to be lucky than smart. After Shazam I started looking figuring it would only be a matter of time. I was looking at a copy and then when it was rumored the Rock would do a Black Adam film prices went up, I then patiently waited for prices to cool. Finally found a copy and then a week or so later the trailer dropped.
Post 255 IP   flag post

Well played @Hcanes!
Post 256 IP   flag post
@WMorse
The fun part? He's not alone.

Post 257 IP   flag post
Now I'm really smiling @Byrdibyrd.
Post 258 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@WMorse

I would hope not. It's not like the movie has been a secret. Although this book is a bit of a stretch for speculation, I bought 3 copies about 8 months ago.
Post 259 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I bought 3 copies about 8 months ago.

And we have a winner!
Post 260 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@WMorse

I bought that off the spinner rack when I was a kid
Post 261 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Another Superman box....

Post 262 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
Another Superman box....

Geez, I should let you have a go at my Modern collection that I'm trying to sell off. LMAO
Post 263 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user

Got this in an auction last week. Too good of a price to pass up.
Post 264 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
@WMorse

I would hope not. It's not like the movie has been a secret. Although this book is a bit of a stretch for speculation, I bought 3 copies about 8 months ago.

This book is even more of a stretch. Fortunately, I bought a couple copies around the time Shazam was announced and Black Adam was rumored to be in the movies. The book is a fanzine and there are only two pictures of Black Adam in the entire book but it seems to have really shot up in price.

If you're looking for early Black Adam appearances, don't forget the World's Finest issues. There are 3 appearance in the 250-260s.
Post 265 IP   flag post
I was going though an unsorted box and found a couple books I didn't know I had.

Post 266 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@50AE_DE - Sweet!
Post 267 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 268 IP   flag post

Post 269 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
More Superman...this guy really liked his Supes...that's issue #54 in the top left of the first pic. It's missing some of the front cover but still cool

Post 270 IP   flag post
@MutantMania
You've got some really great Supermans there! WOW!!

Those three copies of #82 with the chromium cover - is the one in the middle the error variant with the gold chromium instead of silver?
Post 271 IP   flag post
Quote:
@MutantMania

Those three copies of #82 with the chromium cover - is the one in the middle the error variant with the gold chromium instead of silver?

Thanks
I didn't know that was an error on issue 82 but unfortunately mine look like they are all the silver version.

Another reason I like posting the pics is you guys help spot stuff I may have missed
Post 272 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
Quote:
@MutantMania

Thanks
I didn't know that was an error on issue 82 but unfortunately mine look like they are all the silver version.

Another reason I like posting the pics is you guys help spot stuff I may have missed

My pleasure! I didn't know there was an error variant until I realised I had one. I don't even have the regular silver chromium cover at all.

Post 273 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Just in from a purchase off of Reddit.

I prefer the Marvel Knights Punisher era from Ennis, but these are nice to have in the library.

Post 274 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
been buying online newish issues. got a lot of them at the convention last week in bargain bins but had to skip over several issues to get those. so just been filling in the gaps. got all but a couple which are amazing spider-man 93 (have 92.bey and 1) and fantastic four 40 (have 39 and 41)
Post 275 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
YES! Got these today

Post 276 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I’m not a fan of the movie, but Jon Heder is going to be attending our local Con in September, and I wanted something for him to sign.

Post 277 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 278 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing crazy, but I picked up a bunch of low to mid grade war books on Friday. Here’s the first…

Post 279 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to reread the story but had no desire to look thru a million boxes. Just bought a cheap TPB.

Post 280 IP   flag post
598012 999 30