Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection #1417728

Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 976 IP   flag post
Collector Whammykablam private msg quote post Address this user

Got these two 1:100 ratios in a $35 mystery bundle on Whatnot.
Post 977 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 978 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte awesomeđź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Źglad you were able to pick a copy up
Post 979 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte
That looks amazing for a 2.5! Good find!
Post 980 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
UPDATE:

Unfortunately, I am returning this book. When I read and inspected it, I discovered that an advertisement inside the book had been filled in using ink. This defect was not disclosed by the seller in his description, and in my opinion this lowered the condition and value of the book. I sent the seller a message, and he said to return it for a full refund. In addition, I was not charged for the return shipping. I had previously purchased other books from this seller, but it’s still a hassle and waste of time and effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
This arrived in today’s mail.

The “hidden” defect:

Anyone got a spare copy laying around?
Post 981 IP   flag post
Quote:

Not a nice one like this (minus the interior graffiti). I'm so sorry that didn't work out. Such a nice book otherwise.
Post 982 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Younger readers possible lower print runs makes for a lot of trashed books, I guess.

Yeah, I was thinking that the reader demographic probably was part of the equation as well.

It was mostly demographics. I think Superboy was actually extremely popular and had one of the highest print runs…

Yup, just checked and print run for Superboy that year was massive. More than half a million per issue and behind only Superman in popularity…
Post 983 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 984 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammykablam

Got these two 1:100 ratios in a $35 mystery bundle on Whatnot.

@Whammykablam - Great Mystery Box. Guess I will have to pay more attention to Whatnot.
Post 985 IP   flag post
Collector PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave Please forgive my ignorance, but where could one go to find info on print runs? Is there a site the lists it by issue?
Post 986 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
UPDATE:

Unfortunately, I am returning this book. When I read and inspected it, I discovered that an advertisement inside the book had been filled in using ink. This defect was not disclosed by the seller in his description, and in my opinion this lowered the condition and value of the book. I sent the seller a message, and he said to return it for a full refund. In addition, I was not charged for the return shipping. I had previously purchased other books from this seller, but it’s still a hassle and waste of time and effort.

Quote:
This arrived in today’s mail.

The “hidden” defect:

MCS has few layin around.

I wonder if “Rudy Fiffe” would like to have that book back? I agree with drop in value on the ad being filled out, though it does ad a bit of character. At one point we know that copy (more than likely) belonged specifically to “Rudy Fiffe” close enough to its release to (almost) order something from an ad in the book. Then again it could’ve just been a dumb kid at any point in time.
Post 987 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user

Wonder if this was the same Rudy?
Post 988 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilCoulson
@Davethebrave Please forgive my ignorance, but where could one go to find info on print runs? Is there a site the lists it by issue?

@PhilCoulson

Imperfect and limited but good for some uses: https://www.comichron.com/yearlycomicssales/postaldata/1962.html
Post 989 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I am returning this book.

You ain't wrong....

A few months ago I bought a copy of Amazing Spider-Man # 57 NM+ for a ridiculous 60.00.
I got the book and was checking it out and hot dang, it was NM+, BUT!!!! Someone had written their name on the 2nd from the last page. Who does that ?!?! So, I notified the seller and to his dismay, he refunded in full and paid return shipping. I was so bummed.... Thought I had a keeper. Like some of those beauties you catch.
Post 990 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:

You ain't wrong....

A few months ago I bought a copy of Amazing Spider-Man # 57 NM+ for a ridiculous 60.00.
I got the book and was checking it out and hot dang, it was NM+, BUT!!!! Someone had written their name on the 2nd from the last page. Who does that ?!?! So, I notified the seller and to his dismay, he refunded in full and paid return shipping. I was so bummed.... Thought I had a keeper. Like some of those beauties you catch.

Bummer! Do people just not look through the books they're trying to sell? If they're not going to bother doing that, then they need to get them graded so someone else will.
Post 991 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You ain't wrong....

Bummer! Do people just not look through the books they're trying to sell? If they're not going to bother doing that, then they need to get them graded so someone else will.

Same as buyers not looking and reading their purchases sometimes and getting a surprise when they send them in for third party grading.

Myself I look and read my books so if I was to sell them I know them pretty well, warts and all. đź‘Ť
Post 992 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

New pick up, I'm the only collector of romance books from my 2 lcs and they always put these aside for me when new collections come in.
Post 993 IP   flag post
@southerncross
The romance titles are as legit as any other. So many have great art and gorgeous covers.
Post 994 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
A few months ago I bought a copy of Amazing Spider-Man # 57 NM for a ridiculous 60.00.
I got the book and was checking it out and hot dang, it was NM , BUT!!!! Someone had written their name on the 2nd from the last page.

Original series #57? In NM+ other than interior name? Pretty sure I would have paid you more than $60 for it.
Post 995 IP   flag post
Quote:
@southerncross
The romance titles are as legit as any other. So many have great art and gorgeous covers.

And funny and weird.

I generally like to advice page, this book doesn't have one.

But this Atlas/Marvel book has this.

A marvel book where the story is set in Gotham city.
A man named Dick Wayne.
DC comics have two characters in a fictional city Gotham and their names are Bruce Wayne and Dick Greyson.

Fun things like this I like to find in these obscure books đź‘Ť
Post 996 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross What book is that?
Post 997 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
These arrived this morning.

Post 998 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
@southerncross What book is that?
Love Romances issue 53 from Atlas. 1955
Post 999 IP   flag post
600778 999 24