Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Regie Collects new Video about CBCS17721

I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a constructive overview that Regie gives about CBCS on how they could dominate CGC

https://youtu.be/YblCv5PG5lE
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Question is whether cbcs will listen? To me it seems like a lot of his points are valid.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think Beckett knows what to do with CBCS.

He's 100% right on many points (not the AI one though)

If a certain % of people won't use you because of the label then change the damned label -you won't lose any current customers (I like the current label but would I leave if they made it more CGCish -no!).

If people want specialty labels then give it to them - find creators and get a contract - those who are under contract with CGC - steal them when it's time to renew, likewise with publishing houses and character usage rights.

CBCS absolutely does not sell themselves - they don't leverage all the customer data they have on us -so much they are missing out on

Makes a great point about no details about the guys now running things -just a photo and name -who is West, what are his credentials???!! ( I know because I went digging - how many will go digging r just look at what's provided on the site?)

The chances of CBCS doing any of these things is slim to none - has been more years than I can remember and still no Magazine grading, can't get their own website pricing and TAT info to match from one page to the next.....
Post 3 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
I seen CBCS will have new labels again this year.
Post 4 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS is too busy to want to implement anything that will bring in more work. Scaling up honorably seems to be an insurmountable task.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I don't think Beckett knows what to do with CBCS.

And there it is.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joosh
CBCS is too busy to want to implement anything that will bring in more work. Scaling up honorably seems to be an insurmountable task.

Exactly, any suggestions that focus on increasing demand rather than increasing ability to supply are just nonsense at this point. And they only serve to reveal the recommender as a business lightweight or neophyte.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Improve TATs, maintain the website, and introduce a functional customer service. All I would "innovate" is a means of quickly and efficiently servicing all service levels. Before the in house customer service collapsed in 2017 CBCS was actually making some inroads. Since then they have just become a company that is only interested in taking money and eventually doing their job. Basically the redheaded stepchild of CGC.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Just improving TAT's to significantly better than CGC would be enough to win the day for a whole lot of new customers. People would forgive most everything else to be able to get their books back in half the time of CGC without paying a huge premium.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I know things were much better when cbcs had things working in Florida.Better service,better communication and advertising.Plus cbcs needs to be at most of this Conventions.Dont make us do your job?Sell yourself.When I go to large shows are even small shows like Bedrock there is all ways a CGC Representative there.And waiting years to get your comics?Not good for sells and I am not a seller.Im sure they are not happy at the wait.Improve your self CBCS.CGC is.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector tonyz58 private msg quote post Address this user
IS BECKETT LISTENING AND WATCHING???????????????????
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Londonman454 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz58
IS BECKETT LISTENING AND WATCHING???????????????????

They didn't listen before....why would they now.

What they need to is get their house in order first and fix all the issues they have now like TAT's and Pressing TAT's. Once they figure this out then become "innovative".
Post 12 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I want to know which youtuber CGC listens to. I'd like to buy that person a drink!!!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@MurrayC - Thanks for posting.

Great video with some good info and talking points for CBCS to review and implement.

However, I actually prefer CBCS labels over that of their competitors. I do not want a label that draws my eyes away from the comic itself. That said, to satiate the desire some have to see more dramatic labels, I would prefer that CBCS offer label options call it CBCS Standard (current), CBCS Enhanced (cgc'ish or better), and CBCS Custom (Creator/affinity). They can then charge more for the Enhanced and Custom versions. That said, I would be very pissed if they outright changed the label and did not give me the option of future submissions that retain the current style though., and would likely curtail future submissions dramatically.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonman454
They didn't listen before....why would they now.

Maybe Steve's departure will lead to more changes that current and potential customers want. Who knows if he was the main reason why the label change never took place.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
If a certain % of people won't use you because of the label then change the damned label -you won't lose any current customers (I like the current label but would I leave if they made it more CGCish -no!).
@KatKomics - If CBCS makes a dramatic change to the label, and not allow an option for the current style, they most definitely will lose business from me.

Quote:
can't get their own website pricing and TAT info to match from one page to the next.....
- 100% agreed. This one really irritates me.

Mags coming soon though.
Post 16 IP   flag post
The label change probably never occurred because it's a Red Herring. This idea that a meaningful number of customers are ready to submit to CBCS just as soon as they change the label doesn't pass the smell test. Cause it's bullshit.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Cause it's bullshit.

Maybe, but over the years the main reasons I've seen on Facebook & Youtube for collector's not using CBCS are they don't like the label and the sale value is lower. A simple label change would check both boxes.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
I like the CBCS label, and it has nothing to do with not drawing the eye away from the comic. I just think it is the nicest looking label in the hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@MurrayC - That said, I would be very pissed if they outright changed the label and did not give me the option of future submissions that retain the current style though., and would likely curtail future submissions dramatically.

I echo this sentiment
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Cause it's bullshit.

Maybe, but over the years the main reasons I've seen on Facebook & Youtube for collector's not using CBCS are they don't like the label or the sale value is lower. A simple label change would check both boxes.

@flanders I would fully agree with selling prices being a true deterrent to CGC submitters choosing CBCS. But I don't think that has anything to do with the look of the label. And as long as the selling value is not equalized, no label will draw those folks over.
Post 20 IP   flag post
598059 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?