Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector ArcherC private msg quote post Address this user
Noticed that the url ending with /comics-grading-canada now redirects back to the home page.

I see the submission page still offers a choice of location though.

Is the Canada "Office" gone (or going) or did they take the page down to update with new pricing?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I think they just removed the landing page. They still have an updated pricing page

Still, given recent reports, you’re probably better off taking the extra expense and shipping the books directly to Texas since you can expect MONTHS of additional waiting, on top of the already ridiculous turnaround times, for the books to get to and from the Texas office to the Canadian office
Post 2 IP   flag post
Agreed.
Exchange rate difference isn't worth the wait, at least to me. I've done one sub (my first - 4 comics) via Oakville with a received date of Jan 21, 2022 , status changed from Received to Pressing about a week ago.
From what I've read that just means it's started in a new very long queue. We'll see.
Seems like people have been happy(er) with the new tiers and turnaround. I'm going to go the direct route next time.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite I think CBCS Canada is done - that link can't be accessed from anywhere on the site - old data/cache?? also the CBCS Canada page is gone

Google says permanently closed

There is a convention this weekend that CBCS is supposedly at - I'll ask the rep if I can bring myself to a) go to the convention and b) talk to CBCS - really not in the mood to have any more interactions with them than needed - especially when 100% the rep won't have any answers

Wouldn't be shocking if it shuttered - covid was a blow but even after the border was open they weren't sending and CBCS staff up once a month or every 2 weeks like they did before

It was a good experiment but like most things CBCS they lack in the implementation...what..month and a half in and the pricing still has bugs - Verified Signature has 3 different prices depending where you look....
Post 4 IP   flag post
My guess is any CBCS Canada orders already in process will make their way home in a few years but no new submissions will be available.

That will certainly reduce my yearly submissions to handing books off at 1 or 2 conventions per year rather than multiple mailings to CBCS Canada - I refuse to pay the rates to ship to Dallas as they are currently (unless for signing event)

And for now all my submissions are on hold as I have no idea about the pricing...

$20 for Verified...or is it $25...or is it $30 for the first and $20 for additional

It hurts to look at the CBCS site....
Post 5 IP   flag post
@KatKomics All that is true

One major problem is that CBCS doesn’t actually explain the services and creating a VSP+ instead of just saying “First 2 signatures on one book are $25, subsequent signatures are $20” just creates needless confusion

Also, why should signature verification cost more on a Canada order?

I agree that CBCS Canada should be closed. The mail forwarding experiment was an interesting way of approaching it but it seems to only succeeded in creating more headaches for its customers. I still think satellite offices that can grade and encapsulate themselves should be considered more seriously
Post 6 IP   flag post
Just frustrating

Pricing page says 1 thing..add on page says 2 other things!!

TAT is still different between TAT page and member page even though I think someone said they are really the same just a difference in 5 or 7 day weeks

CBCS...attention to detail??

At least the Canada printed form errors are gone now...as is the whole CBCS Canada side of operations....
Post 7 IP   flag post
@KatKomics The pricing V add-on page I can at least explain. VSP and ASP on that page are what Slab-Only used to be. So ungraded and include the verification in the price.

The add-ons page are, well, add ons to a grading service
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@KatKomics The pricing V add-on page I can at least explain. VSP and ASP on that page are what Slab-Only used to be. So ungraded and include the verification in the price.

The add-ons page are, well, add ons to a grading service

naaaahhh....still makes no sense... so to verify a signature without grading is $20, to verify 1 signature with grading is $25 and to verify with more than 1 signature is $30 then $20 for each additional??????

You can see the disconnect in logic yes?? To verify 1 signature graded or ungraded and on a book with 1 or multiple signatures should all be the same base price - then a different price for each additional signature.

I have a few books that I should VSP for my personal collection (and a few #SOON magazines) but I'm not going near CBCS (or CGC) unless I "have" to or if is books to sell. TATs are crazy and CBCS's website is full of things that make me question if it's a company I want to continue doing business with them - again - these errors have been out there for a long time now and no one appears to care (doesn't scream that they are professionals to me)
Post 9 IP   flag post
Yes, the slab-only option includes verification at a discount, probably as a way to draw in books where the signature is the only thing of value. Sense or not, it’s been that way for years.

For the multiple signatures thing, they just wrote a counter-intuitive way of saying “first two signatures are $25 and subsequent signatures are $20” This is just a more expensive setup of what they’ve always done where it used to be “$25 for the first signature and $15 for subsequent signatures”
Post 10 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite

I'll buy the slab only option but not the other, 100% it's counter intuitive though...maybe they should make it intuitive??

It's like when I get an e-mail with spelling errors...wood U trust you're money with an e-mail like that - how aboot clicking the LiNK?? or just delete as it is spam/scam??

If I had never heard of CBCS and went to their site as it is now I would not submit anything because of the counter intuitive nature of things (never mind the different TATs on different parts of the site)

As it is I've been a customer for 6 of their 9 years of existence and as things stand I can't guarantee my patronage in the future
Post 11 IP   flag post
I wasn’t explaining it to you for you to buy it. I’ve been critical as anyone of the mess CBCS has made of things but I also like to understand what they were trying to accomplish and how they’ve made things they barely bothered to explain (like the slab-only service) even more confusing than it was before
Post 12 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite sorry -wasn't meaning to come across harshly with the 'buy it' - it's just that your way of explaining it made sense so I was 'buying it'?? lol

Again 100% they somehow made things more confusing than before
Post 13 IP   flag post
Hmmm..... the submit to Canada option appears to be back - must have been my browser that was wonky!!

Well...I'll at least consider continuing to sent in that way then
Post 14 IP   flag post
Yes, both locations are there as options
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
And not even a peep from CBCS. Hope I get my books back at the price I paid and not one cent more.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector ckore private msg quote post Address this user
I sent a book in last week to the Canadian location and delivery was refused, it appears they are no longer operating in Canada even though they had all the instructions on their site and were happy to take my credit card info. I opened a support ticket with them, but its been a few days and no response, i'm likely out 70 dollars for shipping a book to them, hopefully it makes it back home in one piece.
Post 17 IP   flag post
There's a convention this weekend in Niagara Falls - supposedly CBCS will be there - I'll ask them if hey know WTF is going on....I don't think they will have a clue though....
Post 18 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckore
I sent a book in last week to the Canadian location and delivery was refused, it appears they are no longer operating in Canada even though they had all the instructions on their site and were happy to take my credit card info. I opened a support ticket with them, but its been a few days and no response, i'm likely out 70 dollars for shipping a book to them, hopefully it makes it back home in one piece.

Based on the comments, the Canada option has been a mess for as long as I've been on this forum.
Post 19 IP   flag post
CBCS Canada is no more.

Steve Paulus was at the Niagara Falls Comicon and said they are not currently accepting books and return shipping was from CBCS Dallas.
Although you can drop books at the convention to save shipping that way

Of course no official notice from CBCS and of course the site still allows you to complete a submission as CBCS Canada....as always...smooooooth and professional

Forgot to ask if pricing was still CBCS Canada - I might ask today at the convention but to tell the truth I just don't care anymore
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Londonman454 private msg quote post Address this user
I have 5 orders coming back to the Canadian office. I hope there is no issue getting my books back! If the office is closed they should ship to my address and not charge more since i already paid for shipping.

First sub has been there slmost nine months and still hasn't entered grading. No verification or pressing. Just plain old grading
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector ExpI0sioN private msg quote post Address this user
So what does this even mean with the CBCS Submission forms/online form for sending books, like can we/or should we, use the Canadian form and send to Texas Directly(if able), or just use the US form and send? the only difference is the pricing per book/money conversion.. (just easier when dealing in CAD)

as everyone's kind of saying, this is confusing and needs a CBCS Rep to communicate to us what's going on...
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpI0sioN
So what does this even mean with the CBCS Submission forms/online form for sending books, like can we/or should we, use the Canadian form and send to Texas Directly(if able), or just use the US form and send? the only difference is the pricing per book/money conversion.. (just easier when dealing in CAD)

as everyone's kind of saying, this is confusing and needs a CBCS Rep to communicate to us what's going on...

lol..hahahahaha...a CBCS Rep to 'communicate'.....sorry lads...don't think they know the meaning of the word!!!

but yes.....would be super helpful for some sort of official word on the status of things rather than pages just disappearing from the site but leaving other options available.....what a shit show

but hey...it's getting 'better' and they have new express tiers....oh and magazines in April!!!
Post 23 IP   flag post
I have read from other threads that books being sent to he Canadian office are being rejected and sent back to customer. Why hasn't CBCS updated the website so others do not continue to send and communicate officialy that the office is closed or give us some information 🤔
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonman454
I have read from other threads that books being sent to he Canadian office are being rejected and sent back to customer. Why hasn't CBCS updated the website so others do not continue to send and communicate officialy that the office is closed or give us some information 🤔

I honestly don't think anyone at CBCS knows what the hell is happening - they still have errors from the new cost roll out on their main CBCS US site - no one seems to care.

I think they have top notch employees doing their jobs grading and pressing but the day to day of running a business.... customer service, corporate communication ( updated bio of the new head grader, press release for changes to CBCS Canada, even mass e-mails about signing events - all non-existent....) web developers/content maintenance - non-existent.

not sure if it's CBCS or Beckett that is at fault - either way it screams of an unprofessional business or more accurately an incompetent one......

As much as I don't like the CGC product or business reps I think I'll be going back to them except for VSP

with CBCS in the past you could combine tiers and products and have all books sent back at once (massive shipping savings) - this is no longer - and for someone just grading my personal books mostly this was/is something I factor into which grading service I use
Post 25 IP   flag post
Pretty sure CBCS doesn't know a their burro from a burrow......
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

They don't know anything. Once I get my books back I will not be getting any more books graded by anyone. I don't need the hassle. I can still make profit on raw books while premiums are nice I am not THAT hard up for the extra cash. At this point CGC and CBCS only care about the cash and will do anything to make sure that people have to pay the most just to have a chance to get a book to market while they can profit the most.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

They don't know anything. Once I get my books back I will not be getting any more books graded by anyone. I don't need the hassle. I can still make profit on raw books while premiums are nice I am not THAT hard up for the extra cash. At this point CGC and CBCS only care about the cash and will do anything to make sure that people have to pay the most just to have a chance to get a book to market while they can profit the most.

I think I am done with grading as well. Have 5 orders left, hopefully to come back before 2025.

$3.00 top loaders for me now.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector rgreenson private msg quote post Address this user
My July 2021 order just disappeared from my dashboard and all the grades are visible. It's been in ship to Canada for 2 months.

I checked my email and I have a tracker link which says "Canpar"

Clicked the link....it's a fedex tracker and it says it's been shipped from Dallas not Oakville.

So if you have an order that says ship to Canada be prepared to get dinged by FedEx.

Oh well CBCS Canada was nice while it lasted.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreenson
My July 2021 order just disappeared from my dashboard and all the grades are visible. It's been in ship to Canada for 2 months.

I checked my email and I have a tracker link which says "Canpar"

Clicked the link....it's a fedex tracker and it says it's been shipped from Dallas not Oakville.

So if you have an order that says ship to Canada be prepared to get dinged by FedEx.

Oh well CBCS Canada was nice while it lasted.

Don't really know what dinged be FedEx means.....Please elaborate.

I have 5 orders still to come back....none have entered grading yet. first order been there 10+ months.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600891 35 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?