Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCertified Comics For SaleQuestions

Transporting a large quantity of comics17693

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Plan has a slight revision.

They are going to come to my house on the way back from Baltimore Comic Con and take everything with them on Halloween.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Plan has a slight revision.

They are going to come to my house on the way back from Baltimore Comic Con and take everything with them on Halloween.

Good news!

That must be a Hell of a relief for both parties, especially yourself....I know I'd be worried about hauling a truck load of slabs to any show, for any purpose.

On a side note, figured you'd be a good person to ask as I'd imagine you attend this con every year....

Last time i went to the Baltimore con was in 2018 or 2019.

I got there on Sunday, with a short box of raws for CGC.

Had about half a dozen books for Ennis to sign for CGC SS, and the Baltimore comic con website listed Ennis as being present all 3 days.Or at least it implied such, as he wasn't shown as appearing only Friday and/or Saturday.

His booth was vacated like a western ghost town when I got there Sunday.

The CGC SS rep told me he had left either early on Saturday or only stayed for the first day, cantvrecall as it was like 4 years ago.

So, my question is....do you have any idea what his schedule will be this year?

Is there any way I could find this out so I don't have to get to the show early Friday in oorder not to miss my chance?

I have like 3-4 copies of Pteacher 1, 4 copies of Boys 1, the Boys Herogasm 1 (black glow in the dark variant, thqts q book that'll probably pull a 9.8 but if I can't get it signed, and it comes back at 9.6, it's a wash or even a lower ROI than selling it raw....that's a book I slept on too long.

Same with Preacher 1's...that book needs to be CGC SS'd in at least 9.6 to be worth more than $100....far cry from when it was viewed as the next Walking Dead 1 and blue CGC 9.6's were selling routinely at around $450. :crying:

I have a dealer badge so I can go before the show opens to ๐Ÿ’ pick books, but at this point, as much as I know I'd almost certainly find books like DC romance Lichtenstein swipe sources that many dealers are wholly unaware of ๐Ÿ’žโ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’žโ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’™ ... for pennies on the dollar during the first day of dealer set up , I really need to keep pressing copper and modern books for subs to CGC and CBCS.

But, I digress ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜น

If you can point me in the right direction, I'll owe you one
Post 77 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@ComicHoarder

Last year Ennis had a long line (one hour I think) but I had just over a dozen books and he signed all of them for free.

I would suggest you swing by his booth and check his signing times when you get to the show so you can plan around it.

With a vendor badge you can check it out before things get crowded.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Today is moving day!

The guys from My Comic Shop will be here this afternoon to load my slabs into their truck.

I am still working on the final inventory in Excel as I managed to grab about four hours of sleep last night.

When I finish the last 13 CGC boxes I will share the totals after I have fixed the errors and omissions on my list.

It looks like the total amount of CGC boxes will be 127 or 128.

I plan to take pictures to share here as well.
Post 79 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Make sure @sborock loads at least one of those boxes!
Post 80 IP   flag post

Total slabs 4,678

Total CGC Boxes 127

Other Box 1

Calling MCS now to get an update on when I can expect them.
Post 81 IP   flag post
The guys are here loading the truck as we speak.
Post 82 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos Did you get those pics to share yet?
Post 83 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@drchaos Did you get those pics to share yet?

They are coming back tomorrow for the last 50 boxes.

I should have pictures up after that.
Post 84 IP   flag post
The guys are here loading that last boxes into the bigger truck now.

I started re-organizing my place last night but didn't get too far yet.

Really excited to finally be getting my living space back.

Pictures will be up later today.
Post 85 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That's the reason our collection is limited to the size it is. We have room for 32 short boxes, that's it, so anything that comes in has to displace something else. It has made for some interesting discussions and purchase decisions (that's for sure) but a recent purge has helped reduce the volume pressure.

Maybe a better question for you is, "What do you have left?"
Post 86 IP   flag post

Post 87 IP   flag post

Post 88 IP   flag post

Post 89 IP   flag post

Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Quote:

That's the reason our collection is limited to the size it is. We have room for 32 short boxes, that's it, so anything that comes in has to displace something else. It has made for some interesting discussions and purchase decisions (that's for sure) but a recent purge has helped reduce the volume pressure.

Maybe a better question for you is, "What do you have left?"

Quite a bit.

This is just one bedroom full of what I have left.

Post 91 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos Well you are not "without"
Glad that is over for you. Now you have room to breath and work on the remainder without feeling the SQUEEZE......
Post 92 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
No offense but stacking 3 boxes in that one photo on the truck looks like an accident waiting to happen. I would have saran wrapped or something the boxes together....
Post 93 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@drchaos Well you are not "without"
Glad that is over for you. Now you have room to breath and work on the remainder without feeling the SQUEEZE......

For now I am content to move boxes of raw books (and other items) onto the newly emptied shelves and claw back the living space of my home.

Convention season is almost over but I still have the following:

Todd McFarlane signing - need to give books to my pressing guy tomorrow

Rhode Island Comic Con - get celebrity signatures on blank comics for future commissions

Collectorfest - Roy Thomas signatures, also one book each for Mike DeCarlo and Rudy Nebres

Once all of that is done I have a big CBCS submission to prepare

Still exctatic to finally get the slabs on the way to MCS.
Post 94 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
No offense but stacking 3 boxes in that one photo on the truck looks like an accident waiting to happen. I would have saran wrapped or something the boxes together....

They attached a rope to keep the comics from moving.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Just got a message that the truck with my books is now at My Comic Shop and my books have been received.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos

Are major concerns about selling in this buyerโ€™s market?
Post 97 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@drchaos

It's not a "buyer's market", across the board.

That said, DoctorChaos has said he's listing his books via fixed price, which was what he had been doing thru his eBay store before he closed it.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Overall, it is a buyerโ€™s market. No need to get pedantic.

That said, Iโ€™m sure the point of sending thousands of books that far across the country is to ensure that they donโ€™t come back.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
MCS email update for November 8 2022:
Truck full of consigned comics returns from Baltimore!
Post 100 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@drchaos

Sales have varied from week to week but have been pretty good since the lockdown started in 2020.

When I completed an inventory on my ebay books I found that I had about 2,000 slabs that were not listed.

When the inventory I took down from ebay comes online with the additional books along with the books coming back from CBCS and the McFarlane signing 2023 should be ly best year yet.
Post 101 IP   flag post
601276 101 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?