Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Mmanick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtdcomics
@power_struggle55 Stan Lee, John Romita Sr and John Romita Jr! Going to cost a big chunk to replace. Im not under any illusion thats its a 30k book but to me they were my grails as a huge Hobgoblin fan.

To me it seems simple, without knowing their system. The books will link to someone (surely) so the serial numbers from the books I received will link back to the correct owner. If this owner only had those 2 books but shows on the system as having a shipment sent then the likelihood is they received mine instead - or at least thats how my logic works
I hope you find your books I was in a similar position not long ago myself. stan passed away and big John no longer signs due to his health condition with his hands. I'd be contacting cgc every day and to me I wouldn't care if they didn't like it. Keep the faith
Post 26 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Ditto the others.
That leverage means they have 2 customers to placate instead of 1.

I think I would go ahead and use that leverage immediately. I would ask for written acknowledgement of the situation and their responsibility. Maybe even a guaranteed resolution date and compensation amount. Then send the books back before you get cast as the bad guy.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Little update on this.

CGC still haven't found my missing books but are very active in pushing and trying to retrieve the 2 books that they sent by mistake, probably before the other customer even finds out there is a problem. What originally seemed like fast action by CGC to resolve a problem now has fell into slow movement and the only update comes when I chase them to be told 'no update'

Sorry to learn. If CGC is asking you to return those two books I would do so (them paying postage for sure). If both parties insist in getting their books first before releasing what they have received - this will go nowhere. Hope you get your books back and a compensation from CGC
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I still think this topic would get far more views and you'd gain more leverage and a faster resolution if you created a post on the CGC forum. Do you recall how much you insured them for on your submission form and do you have collector's insurance? If so, I hope you've filed a claim already.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I still think this topic would get far more views and you'd gain more leverage and a faster resolution if you created a post on the CGC forum. Do you recall how much you insured them for on your submission form and do you have collector's insurance? If so, I hope you've filed a claim already.

YES. When I had the massive stack of returns for CGC and was getting nowhere with CS, I finally got a response by airing my dirty laundry on their chat boards. I had CS contact me within 48 hours and I'd been after them for 4 months before that.
Post 30 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Also do you have a picture or the original certification # of the newsstand copy. I believe the # stays the same even if you get a reholder.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders I completely agree but im still unable to gain access to their chat boards. Ive been a member of them for years and now all of a sudden I cant get in.
Post 32 IP   flag post
@poka I completely agree that holding onto books is not a great situation but the problem is that my books are nowhere to be found so its not that both parties are holding. I'd have no problem shipping back if they confirmed they had my books in their possession but at this point it seems CGC are doing what they can to cover their own arses. Maybe the owner doesnt even know yet.
Post 33 IP   flag post
@flanders

Post 34 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@rtdcomics Can you create a new member ID on their forum to get some exposure to your experience? Wish you the best! This seems like the worst case scenario.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
@flanders I completely agree but im still unable to gain access to their chat boards. Ive been a member of them for years and now all of a sudden I cant get in.

I had a bear of a time figuring out how to get onto the chat boards. It's unnecessarily convoluted. You need to sign off completely from CGC, then go back to their website and sign on directly to the chat boards via the chat boards pull-down. This will sign you on to the rest of the website, too, just like normal, but for some lame reason if you want chat boards you have to sign in specifically on them.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
imagine sending in a 9.4 of amazing spiderman #238 and a 9.6 of 298 both with custum lables. to get 2 copies of amazing spiderman #238 one of which is a 9.6 with Lee and both Romita's signatures.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
imagine sending in a 9.4 of amazing spiderman #238 and a 9.6 of 298 both with custum lables. to get 2 copies of amazing spiderman #238 one of which is a 9.6 with Lee and both Romita's signatures.

I couldn't let that rest. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. I'd take a couple photos to remember the moment when I had that awesome book, but then I'd be sending it back where it belongs.
Post 38 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm thinking of submitting some random dreck, figuring CGC will screw up and send me something valuable.

Beats the odds at Vegas.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
I had CS contact me within 48 hours and I'd been after them for 4 months before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
I couldn't let that rest. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Does this mean you didn't sleep for 4 months straight?
Post 40 IP   flag post
@flanders
Nah, I just mean I wouldn't keep someone else's stuff.

Anyway, as an insomniac, I can say with confidence that I did not sleep much for the four months I waited on CGC regarding the growing stack of returns.
Post 41 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like this guy on FB has it. I posted a link for him to this thread as well.
clickable text
Post 42 IP   flag post
@HotKeyComics wow! Can you post a screenshot. It's not viewable to non-group members.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Here is the FB post, I've had direct contact with the guy as well so hopefully this will be all resolved with everyones books back to their rightful place within a couple of weeks. Amazing that they fell in the lap of 'one of the good ones' as I didn't have much faith they'd turn up. Solved by the community with zero assistance from CGC, who still have no idea where the books are.

Post 44 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd thank you buddy, this has worked. What a weird set up! If only CGC had offered this resolution when I asked them why I couldnt get in.
Post 45 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotKeyComics
Looks like this guy on FB has it. I posted a link for him to this thread as well.
clickable text

Nice find.
Post 46 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
when facebook group and the forum of the rival company does a better job resolving an issue
Post 47 IP   flag post
WOW, the guy on Facebook is great. Good for him, doing the right thing.

Quote:
@Byrdibyrd thank you buddy, this has worked. What a weird set up! If only CGC had offered this resolution when I asked them why I couldnt get in.

My pleasure. I remember how frustrated I was trying to figure out how to get on those chat boards. And watch out in the future, too. You'll randomly get booted off and have to go through the whole stupid, pointless process again every once in a while. I'll confess that's a big reason why I didn't stay on those chat boards after I accomplished my goal of getting a response from CS.
Post 48 IP   flag post
619395 48 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?