Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Silver Age

Silver surfer 1,3 or 417678

Collector Cosmic_Surfer private msg quote post Address this user
Wich is most likely to keep its value surfer 1 3 or 4?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I’d say #1 because

The Market likes #1s
It’s a Classic cover
An Origin story.

I feel #1 is less likely to spike then crash due to hype. 3 & 4 would be more susceptible to hype variance while 1 should continue to maintain a steady value increase on its own merits and rightfully so.

#3 Mephisto - meh
#4 Classic cover yes. I guess if I’m surfer fan looking for a Thor book then that’s the one.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash

That’s a really good point thank you
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
All great books but #1 is most likely to keep its value and probably trend upward value-wise.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Honestly I’m trying get a key between those and a ff 48 or 49 like which ever one I can get a better deal on and right now ff 49 and ss1 seem to be the only two I can get good deals on so mite be worth it
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
All great books but #1 is most likely to keep its value and probably trend upward value-wise.
yeah honestly think your right
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_Surfer
Honestly I’m trying get a key between those and a ff 48 or 49 like which ever one I can get a better deal on and right now ff 49 and ss1 seem to be the only two I can get good deals on so mite be worth it

Between the two (FF49 or SS1), I'd try a little harder for FF49. It's the more important book in my opinion. First full Galactus and first Galactus & Silver Surfer cover but either book is a win.
Post 7 IP   flag post
That’s what Im thinking also by chance do you know which one is having better value like going more up rather than down?

Between the two (FF49 or SS1), I'd try a little harder for FF49. It's the more important book in my opinion. First full Galactus and first Galactus & Silver Surfer cover but either book is a win.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
As far as holding closest to current values or potential further appreciation, i echo the FF 59 and SS1. However, the SS3 has already waned even though it is the 1st App of Mephisto, Mephisto’s speculative MCU appearancehas disappted. If you can wait a week or so, I may have an FF49 available.
Post 9 IP   flag post
How much you lookin and what condition cause I’m tryna get a 3.0-4.5 if I decide to go with the ff49
Post 10 IP   flag post
Mainly because of the price 😂
Post 11 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator - not sure yet. Gotta see what grade comes back.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Microchip private msg quote post Address this user
The other question is around the classic Surfer books after FF#50, and before SS#1.
FF #55, #72, #75, and #77. These four standout for value right now, and potential for growth.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Microchip private msg quote post Address this user

Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
I'd definitely say SS1 is likely to have the greatest long-term upside. 3 is declining. 4 is one of the all-time classic covers and will always be a strong book to have in your collection.

Agree with what others have said that FF49 is the greater key.

Coincidentally, going to drop by CBCS tomorrow to pick up fresh slabs of SS 1, 3 and 4 (along with some other stuff).
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microchip
The other question is around the classic Surfer books after FF#50, and before SS#1.
FF #55, #72, #75, and #77. These four standout for value right now, and potential for growth.
that’s for sure I picked up a 72 and 75 recently just need 55 and 77
Post 16 IP   flag post
That’s cool asf bro send pics if you can and so you think 49 the better get for rn?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_Surfer
That’s cool asf bro send pics if you can and so you think 49 the better get for rn?

I'm proud of mine.

Post 18 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I’m agreeing with the pack: SS1 is the best of the run for investment. I had SS3 and sold it last year whilst it was still hot. My rule of thumb is never invest in a villain long term. their popularity is fickle; sell when it’s salable.
Post 19 IP   flag post
598060 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?