Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
does anyone know a place that grades cards.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
does anyone know a place that grades cards.

Besides CSG? There's CGS too, believe it or not. LOL And they cost EUROS!! so they must be classy!
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Beckett
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
PSA
Post 4 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
PSA i just used
they took over a year plus
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
SGC has a shorter tat and they sell for a decent price.

https://www.gosgc.com/card-grading/services-pricing

I don't have any personal experience with them, but I've contemplated sending in several cards but I have no idea how to grade and don't care to waste my money since grade screening doesn't appear to be an option.

Also Beckett. I've used them once and was happy at the time:

https://www.beckett.com/grading/estimated-turnaround-times

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
Beckett is my favorite and they just opened up Economy grading, $25.00

Post 7 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Belarak if I'm trying to resell do people really care about sub-grades?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders Some people do. If you look at your 5.0 the card has 2/8.5's but it graded to a 5.0 because of the 4.0. If the 4.0 is surface, someone might think they could get a grade bump if it has some fingerprints or something they can clean off. I have one of those Fleer Stickers that I didn't clean before grading so I'm thinking I might crack it open and clean it then resubmit. It's nice to see what brings the grade down. It's like the graders notes on comics. Somethings can be corrected.
Post 9 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
PSA and Beckett.
At a card show I heard CGC is like the PGX of card grading.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Vrishnak private msg quote post Address this user
I always got top dollar for the Pokemon cards I graded with CGC.
Post 11 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I used CGC(CSG) once for some sports cards. They were fast, the cases were nice, and they sold just as well as the other companies.
I also used GMA a couple times. You can't beat the price and TAT but took a little longer to sell.
Post 12 IP   flag post
how is the Company called SGC
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user
I have used both SGC and Beckett. Both are really good. SGC has much shorter TAT's.
Post 14 IP   flag post
620103 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?