I have 2 9.6s of shehulk 1
This 6.0 copy looks better than both of mine

Dam, I needed that grader
Post 26 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by consumetheliving
Dam, I needed that grader

Yea... its a train wreck. Rubs. Tics. And just overall not presenting well.

Good news is they'll be someone else's problem soon.
Post 27 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Seems pretty fair to me.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector consumetheliving private msg quote post Address this user
So I've decided that this comic will be my money pit project. I have cracked and pulled her from her tranquil tomb to find several spin ticks that don't brake color (thank you white cover). One is pretty bad that borders on crease territory which I am trying to work out. I have managed to work out all of the ticks and will give it another good pressing. Now, do I submit it to CGC or give CBCS a shot? I'm leaning CBCS but I wonder if they will also knock the cover defects like CGC did.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
So it appears the grade was accurate?
Post 30 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
From my experience and from you tube videos, CGC has been hammering modern books lately. What used to be 9.8 is now coming in all over. However, unless you submit to cbcs some type of express service you are doomed for a long wait. I mean an incredibly long wait. Your call but personally I would have left it alone.....
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE

Seems so, it appears that the light creases my not have been the 2 cover "defects" but rather the spin ticks that I either missed or regressed. I do realize that cracking it was not advisable and will be sending the label in to have it removed from the census.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
From my experience and from you tube videos, CGC has been hammering modern books lately. What used to be 9.8 is now coming in all over. However, unless you submit to cbcs some type of express service you are doomed for a long wait. I mean an incredibly long wait. Your call but personally I would have left it alone.....

Yah, I had settled on leaving it be but my inability to leave well enough alone got the better of me....
Post 33 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@consumetheliving You may want to edit your post just a little bit because it's a big No-No to discuss pressing/cleaning technique on the forum. As soon as you mentioned a 'work out with a **** *****' you entered the danger zone.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So I've decided that this comic will be my money pit project. I have cracked and pulled her from her tranquil tomb to find several spin ticks that don't brake color (thank you white cover). One is pretty bad that borders on crease territory which I am trying to work out with a tick board. I have managed to work out all of the ticks and will give it another good pressing. Now, do I submit it to CGC or give CBCS a shot? I'm leaning CBCS but I wonder if they will also knock the cover defects like CGC did.

I've been pressing books for years and have never heard of a "tick board".

Got a product link?
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder
Quote:
So I've decided that this comic will be my money pit project. I have cracked and pulled her from her tranquil tomb to find several spin ticks that don't brake color (thank you white cover). One is pretty bad that borders on crease territory which I am trying to work out with a tick board. I have managed to work out all of the ticks and will give it another good pressing. Now, do I submit it to CGC or give CBCS a shot? I'm leaning CBCS but I wonder if they will also knock the cover defects like CGC did.

I've been pressing books for years and have never heard of a "tick board".

Got a product link?

I down't want to violate community guidelines - just google Immaculate Comics.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Now, do I submit it to CGC or give CBCS a shot? I'm leaning CBCS but I wonder if they will also knock the cover defects like CGC did.

Are you hoping they'd ignore them?
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Now, do I submit it to CGC or give CBCS a shot? I'm leaning CBCS but I wonder if they will also knock the cover defects like CGC did.

Are you hoping they'd ignore them?

At this point, not sure that the factory creases were accounted for in the CGC grade. We shall see once I get it back from CBCS.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Fads89 private msg quote post Address this user
Brake color? Interesting.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Seems so, it appears that the light creases my not have been the 2 cover "defects" but rather the spin ticks that I either missed or regressed. I do realize that cracking it was not advisable and will be sending the label in to have it removed from the census.

It seems that if a book doesn't come back as high as the submitter thinks it should have gotten then the first step is to blame the grading company for their mistake, not the shoddy pressing job.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It seems that if a book doesn't come back as high as the submitter thinks it should have gotten then the first step is to blame the grading company for their mistake, not the shoddy pressing job.

I usually bang my head on the wall a couple times because I missed some obvious defect.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I usually bang my head on the wall a couple times because I missed some obvious defect.

Reversion can happen too, especially is cases where comics sit at CGC or CBCS for months on end. In this situation, I cold pressed the comic before sending it out so not sure how I missed all the ticks.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I can see arguments for both especially if your not handling the pressing yourself. I have added new steps to my process and will be taking more before and after pics. This way I sanity check myself and can also have ammo in the event that CGC or CBCS do make a mistake.
Post 43 IP   flag post
@consumetheliving I think it's already been mentioned, but just an FYI.

Discussing Alteration Techniques: Users may not share or otherwise discuss techniques for altering comics; including, but not limited to, restoration, pressing, cleaning, taping, or any other techniques that could result in temporary or permanent damage to a comic book. CBCS is in no way liable for any damage resulting from a user performing any technique they read or saw on the CBCS forum.
Post 44 IP   flag post
601464 44 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?