Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Turnaround time 9.017631

Collector los2863 private msg quote post Address this user
Hot dog!!!

In the last 24 hours my order (just 10 books) has gone from "Pressing" to "HotSeal"! Excitement is thru the roof!
Post 176 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bige
As long as yo I put them in September of 2021

put them in jan of 2022

how are they not grading new books from this year yet
Post 177 IP   flag post
Collector marsboy01 private msg quote post Address this user
Received Notice of a submission (pre 1975) that has been graded and is going into Encapsulation. The submission was sent for grading only with TAT at the time listed as 19 weeks (133 days)
* Shipped to CBCS on 8/3/2021
* Received by CBCS on 10/6/2021 - 64 days from shipment
* Entered Grading on 3/17/22 - 226 days from shipment / 162 days from received
* Grading Complete on 6/7/22 - 308 days from shipment / 244 days from received / 82 Days in grading
Post 178 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
Quote:

put them in jan of 2022

As you can see from @marsboy01 his books from last August were just graded and sent to encapsulation.
My September 2021 books are in grading now.
So unless you had an express tier, all standard 2022 tier submissions will be awhile. Like December maybe.
I have a February 2022 submission I am not expecting back anytime before Chistmas or maybe January.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Collector RonC private msg quote post Address this user
I am a bit frustrated right now. I submitted books at Baltimore CC to CBCS October 2021 and was told by the staff at the CBCS table not to have any of the books pressed because it may take a year for the books to get back to you. It is now over seven months and my books (not pressed) are still at "processing". Other company books (including pressed MAGAZINES) are already back to me. What is going on??
Post 180 IP   flag post

Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Still in the queue for books submitted Orlando Megacon 2021; hit labels around 3/16 and hit heat seal about 2 weeks ago.

Submitted more at Megacon Orlando 2022; did the express to try it out. they're supposed to reach TX the Wednesday after the con, which would be 5/25/2022.

Just receive the notice that they've received the order today. That's 8 (I think) working days to get a 14 day TAT into "received" status. I'm fairly certain my 14 day actually begins today. I'm also pretty sure I'm not getting them in 14 as I was talked into combining shipping with the express order and "slab only/Art" submission being told since they're not getting graded it won't slow down the shipment back. But since labels and heat seal seem to be bottle necks I'm guessing I'll get everything back in 3-4 months. Still much faster than any economy tiers, but we'll see; maybe it will all come back within the express TAT.
Post 181 IP   flag post
Collector Sir_Psycho_Sexy private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted December 8th and still in processing. Had pressed and signature verified.

Probably Biden will be out of office before I get mine back.
Post 182 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonC
I am a bit frustrated right now. I submitted books at Baltimore CC to CBCS October 2021 and was told by the staff at the CBCS table not to have any of the books pressed because it may take a year for the books to get back to you. It is now over seven months and my books (not pressed) are still at "processing". Other company books (including pressed MAGAZINES) are already back to me. What is going on??

Read some of the previous posts.
They are just now grading books from late August - early September 2021. My September 21' submission is in encapsulation, so your October books wont be in the grading room for a few more weeks.
Post 183 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee
whats wrong with this??Department of Truth #1 [1975]
Image, Bronze Age

James Tynion IV (date: 05/20/2022, encapsulate even if verification fails)
Martin Simmonds (date: 05/20/2022, encapsulate even if verification fails)

Grading tier: $45.00Fast Pass: $15.00Authentic: $5.00(Fast Pressing: $91.00)
x2 x1 $156.00---Now this was a press screening because i didnt think it need pressing. not sure how it became a fast press. now these are the books that was sent in at the same time.-Batman #89 [2020]
DC, Modern Age

I can shed some light on this, as I had some copies of DoT #1 for that signing. I will send you a private message on it explaining everything.
Post 184 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Still in the queue for books submitted Orlando Megacon 2021; hit labels around 3/16 and hit heat seal about 2 weeks ago.

Submitted more at Megacon Orlando 2022; did the express to try it out. they're supposed to reach TX the Wednesday after the con, which would be 5/25/2022.

Just receive the notice that they've received the order today. That's 8 (I think) working days to get a 14 day TAT into "received" status. I'm fairly certain my 14 day actually begins today. I'm also pretty sure I'm not getting them in 14 as I was talked into combining shipping with the express order and "slab only/Art" submission being told since they're not getting graded it won't slow down the shipment back. But since labels and heat seal seem to be bottle necks I'm guessing I'll get everything back in 3-4 months. Still much faster than any economy tiers, but we'll see; maybe it will all come back within the express TAT.

As of 10:00 6/8/2022 (after my first post 6/7/2022); the express submission dropped at Orlando Megacon 2022 is in labels.
Post 185 IP   flag post
Collector 2021NAI private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts can you please look into my order. I tried to contact Darryl several times like you had suggested, and he has only replied once saying he would give me an answer within 24 hours. That was almost a month ago now. My order #21-1B89D64 has been there now for a year and 3 weeks for a 2 Day modern w/ press. Nobody seems to be able to provide an answer. But I certainly got the email when they destroyed my GI Joe #1. You have $10K of my books. Please find out something for me. This is the most ridiculous customer service I have ever seen. And I grade Comics and Cards across 5 companies. By far the worst on service.
Post 186 IP   flag post
Collector Kasperb991 private msg quote post Address this user
@2021NAI reach out to Mark on the customer service sight as well he has helped me out a ton
Post 187 IP   flag post
Collector cbusch1 private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone had experience with TAT for signings? Is it the normal TAT, or is it different? I know for CGC there is a reduction in TAT for signings. Also, when something goes from pressing to grading are you notified? I am closing in on a year for an order and I am hoping to get it back before another year passes.
Post 188 IP   flag post
Collector JustAThought private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2021NAI
@SteveRicketts can you please look into my order. I tried to contact Darryl several times like you had suggested, and he has only replied once saying he would give me an answer within 24 hours. That was almost a month ago now. . . .

My order from mid-Sept last year is still in Received/Processing despite a slow roll of messages and indication by Steve it was going to come by Christmas. Here we are 6 months later.
I just want the books back... graded, or ungraded in the condition I sent them. I just don't care anymore.
Post 189 IP   flag post
Collector Bige private msg quote post Address this user
So here is what I experience: CBCS received my 50 book submission on 9/24/2021 and it is getting shipped today 6/8/2022 that is 257 days. I sent out 25 books to CGC they received on 12/8/2021 and it was shipped out 6/2/2021 which was 176 days (in all fairness the TAT for CGC at the time was 90 days)

Next week I will be sending out 25 books to cgc and cbcs and we will see!!!!!
Post 190 IP   flag post
Collector Bige private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65

Wow that isn't bad at all I had books signed at NYCCC last year on Oct 4 and they didn't get received until December 4th.
Post 191 IP   flag post
@Bige and you will see that the TAT for express tier in CBCS is 100% faster as I have tried that experiment. My book at cbcs With issues as the pressing time etc were finished and sent back with in the 5 day window for the tier I paid for by same tier cgc are still at cgc ( I can't exactly see the step as I don't ha e the account it is my LCS account but I know the fast pass he picks )
Post 192 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I have an update on tats. They are grading books from the end of July, 2021, and moving into August, 2021.
Post 193 IP   flag post
Collector Rio_d private msg quote post Address this user
My stuff from mid August is in Heat Seal, and my friend who submitted at the same con a day earlier has gotten his books back about 3 weeks ago.
Post 194 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I have an update on tats. They are grading books from the end of July, 2021, and moving into August, 2021.

I have an update too... I have already recived my August 2021 submission back three weeks ago. And my September 2021 submission are all graded and in encapsulation. So it appears some September submissions will soon be shipping out...
Post 195 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
I’m still waiting on an order from June 2021. I think it’s still in grading.
Post 196 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
I’m still waiting on an order from June 2021. I think it’s still in grading.

Right there with you, June 2021 books with signature verification, standard pressing and grading, invoice still shows "Received"...coming up on that one year mark.
Post 197 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
I got my books back 2 weeks ago, i sent in september 2021 . Have 3 broken cases, actually about 10 with small cracks and chips but 3 are really bad. 1 phone call and 2 emails and no response in a week.
Post 198 IP   flag post
@Kinsella5 Going to be a while because of the pressing back log...
@Rongro ouch... sorry to hear that.
@Bobashek should be any minute man. Not sure how those books are not done already.
Post 199 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
@Kinsella5 Going to be a while because of the pressing back log...
@Rongro ouch... sorry to hear that.
@Bobashek should be any minute man. Not sure how those books are not done already.

I have quite a few keys in there but ai really want to see how my HOS 92 finished up.
Post 200 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Here is some more updated info so you can get an idea of TATs for comics submitted last year. Remember, you are looking at combined Press & Grade for these updates in bold.

#DDAD Updated by email from CBCS on 6/9 6:00am Pacific
#4D21 Updated by email from CBCS on 6/9 6:56pm Pacific
#1FC5 Updated by email from CBCS on 6/9 7:55pm Pacific

Delivered to CBCS on June 8th in two separate boxes. (All standard, w/out any FAST P's and one with VSP added).

5 of the 11 had press completed within 43wks,
1 of the 11 had press completed in 44wks,
1 of the 11 had press completed in 45wks,
1 of the 11 had press completed in 49wks,
1 of the 11 had press completed in <50wks.
2 still in pressing room (most likely completed, just not updated to grading yet)

#-----4D21-MD 30 Comics - Ready for Pickup 6/9 = 52wk/255 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In HeatSeal 5/24, In Grading Room 5/23, Just under 50 wks In Pressing Room.

#-----3BBA-MD 30 Comics - Ready for Pickup 4/20 = 45wk/217 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Labels 4/18, 45 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----1FC5-MD 30 Comics - Ready for Pickup 6/9 = 52wk/255 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT,
In HeatSeal 5/24, In Grading Room 5/20, 49 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----0B3E-MD 60 Comics - In Pressing Room.

#-----FD6C-MD 101 Comics - Ready for Pickup 5/13 = 48wk/237 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Labels 5/10, In Grading Room 4/11, 44 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----DDAD-MD 31 Comics - Ready for Pickup 6/9 = 52wk/255 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT,
In HeatSeal 5/24, In Labels 5/20, In Grading Room 4/7, 43 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----943E-MD 26 Comics - Ready for Pickup 4/19 = 45wk/216 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Labels 4/11, In Grading Room 4/4, 43 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----905B-MD 30 Comics - Shipped 4/14 = 44wk/213 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, 4/13 Shipping, In Labels 4/12, In Grading Room 4/4, 43 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----7E7E-MD 30 Comics - Shipped 4/27 = 46wk/222 Business day Combined Press & Grade TAT, In Shipping 4/22, In Labels 4/18, In Grading Room 4/4, 43 wks in Pressing Room

#-----6C85-MD 30 Comics - Shipping 6/8, In HeatSeal 5/24, In Labels 5/20, In Grading Room 4/5, 43 wks in Pressing Room.

#-----4259-MD 30 Comics w/2 VSP - In Pressing Room.

Delivered to CBCS 6/21/21
#-----C148-MD - 30 comics - In Grading Room 5/31, Previously only mark Received, never marked In Pressing.

Delivered to CBCS 6/29/21
#-----6136-MD - 102 comics - In Grading Room 6/8, Received

#-----82E4-MD - 34 comics - In Grading Room 6/7, Received

Delivered to CBCS 7/6/21
#-----C197-MD - 21 comics - Received

#-----EB2E-MD - 30 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----E175-MD - 34 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----D6B1-MD - 32 comics - In Pressing Room

Delivered to CBCS 7/14/21
#-----19FC-MD - 30 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----24FC-MD - 30 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----6D64-MD - 30 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----D6B1-MD - 60 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----7189-MD - 30 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----8142-MD - 68 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----8596-MD - 30 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----A44C-MD - 60 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----B5DA-MD - 29 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----876C-EX - 30 comics - Received

Delivered to CBCS 9/20/21
#-----6A82-MD - 27 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----6A82-EX - 27 comics - In Pressing Room 5/27, Received

Delivered to CBCS 2/24/22
#-----EAC8-CN - 2 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----EAC8-EX - 11 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----EAC8-MD - 17 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----BD64-EX - 2 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----BD64-MD - 39 comics - In Pressing Room

#-----8043-MD w/VSP - 14 comics - In Pressing Room

I will continue to update until completed.
Post 201 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
Quote:

put them in jan of 2022

As you can see from @marsboy01 his books from last August were just graded and sent to encapsulation.
My September 2021 books are in grading now.
So unless you had an express tier, all standard 2022 tier submissions will be awhile. Like December maybe.
I have a February 2022 submission I am not expecting back anytime before Chistmas or maybe January.

there slow service is shocking. my last orders were never like this and this was only months ago before the new price hike and membership change.
i was thinking my first order should have been coming back in july not december
Post 202 IP   flag post
Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
@Nearmint67 Finally had my rep reach out to me today,because of the post on here? who knows, he says he was away all week at a business thing. But now I have to get a hold of a different person and see if they can help me now. I hate this getting passed on to someone else nonsense. But hopefully i can get them fixed.
Post 203 IP   flag post
Mine were dropped off this monday recieved wen and are in grading today so yeah it helped me out
Post 204 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongro
@Nearmint67 Finally had my rep reach out to me today,because of the post on here? who knows, he says he was away all week at a business thing. But now I have to get a hold of a different person and see if they can help me now. I hate this getting passed on to someone else nonsense. But hopefully i can get them fixed.

Yeah, that's a mess. Sorry you are having such a bad experience.
I have been grading with CBCS since 2017 and the worse thing I have had to deal with is the turn around times of the last 2 years. Stay on top of them and they will fix things for you.
I would certainly be making them pay for all of the damages as well as expedited shipping as you have already waited your allotment of time.
Post 205 IP   flag post
600899 999 30